Posts by lightbox

You are most definitely missing something. Give us more information about preferred music style, your current monitors, the last amp & gear you have been happy with .. all info you can provide helps us to understand and hopefully help you.

Well, I'm convinced that a Wiki is great for sharing mostly text based content. I'm not so sure a Wiki is a good place to share rigs though.

Don't know the details of kerman's work, especially the backend for registered rig uploaders. But from what I can see as a simple guest it looks way more promising for this purpose than a Wiki could ever be. :) I don't create my own rigs due to a serious lack of amazing tube amps, so I didn't have a chance to upload a rig on Rig Exchange and kerman's site so far. But just from watching it, kerman's work looks much more appealing to me.

Some potential improvement would be to give downloaders (not only the actual rig uploader) a way to add Soundcloud clips or Youtube videos in comments, where they demo the profile.This way the work load of a rig creator could be lowered and the community can add media to demo the rig if they like it and want to share something as well. :)

Biggest problem remains, that there already is a Rig Exchange and it would be very sad to see this effort be split in two separate projects. I wish someone from Kemper would get in touch with you and discuss things seriously. If your system could be integrated in Kemper's infrastructure ... with some payment for your work of course ... it would be best I think. But hey, who am I to decide on Kemper's and kerman's behalf, hehe?

Cheers,
    Martin

Hi kerman :)

here's a few thoughts since you asked. :)

1. I think it should be setup with its own, short domain name. For example thinking about our wikpa.org, it could be rikpa.org :D ... but that's just a quick and dirty idea, of course. The way you've set it up looks like it's mostly a part of your company and not so much a Kemper community platform. The current URL is 81 characters long, the details page of the first rig in the list has a 118 character URL ... wow, the human mind will shout: "Where was this site I want to visit but already forgot the name and address?" :D

2. For me it's always a little disturbing if I have to register on yet another website to access free content provided by community members for free. There shouldn't be a need to register as long as I don't plan to upload content. So many websites on this planet always asking to register and provide personal data while there's no obvious reason to do so.

So it's basically to hidden and locked for my taste and the intention of the whole show. :)
    Others may think different but you asked for personal thoughts.

Cheers,
    Martin

Looks awesome. Thanks a lot for your effort!

Edit: Still amazing work but I have one suggestion. I was browsing the effectsection of the wiki and I think it would be more userfriendly if you'd have all the explanations for the effects written on the same page so that you can scroll through it and you don't have to get back and select the next link you want to read. Just like the usual wikipedia articles work

Hope it's kinda clear what I tried to express ;)
    And here's the link to the effectsection http://www.wikpa.org/Effects

Hi KoMa,

glad you like it so far. :) Still a lot of work to do, obviously.
    The reason I started the effects section like this was the following:
    First of all I would like to explain or list the options and parameters of every single effect for reference. But I would like to see this extended by useful examples of the particular effect. Could be specific settings or even sound examples if someone cares to help and create them and put them on Soundcloud. Many things we could add to every effect's page and one single page for all effects would become way to long, imho. That's why I tried to give it some structure right from the beginning. :)

Cheers,
    Martin

And if I were you, I'd post it in the public forum section.
    Users without a registered Kemper Profiler can only post in the public forums. ;)

Cheers,
    Martin

While Martin is fighting his spiders/trojan horses & assorted monsters, I've started massively migrating the wiKPA to wikpa.org. A hell of a work, hope Martin will look after my edits ^^

He has done already and he will do again, as soon as he erased the source of these obnoxious attacks. :D No, just kidding. Everything ok, I will do some housekeeping later tonight if I don't fall asleep early.

Cheers,
    Martin

First spam bot account & IP in our wiki blocked.
    Looks like it's already getting some attention from unwanted critters. Will keep it completely open for some more time, but I already smell that we'll have to restrict write access soon ... and take some measures against automated spam bot registration.

So be quick, if you plan to get an account on http://www.wikpa.org the easy way. :)

My personal take on this:
    I totally respect that CK tries to rename his product and that's the reason why I immediately changed almost all occurances of KPA in our Wiki to "Kemper Profiler" or "Profiler". But still I think it's very nice to have a short domain name and I don't think it's a good idea to completely avoid an abbreviation. We all love abbreviations in so many situations on the web ... cu, thx, hf, imho, lol, rofl, afaik, even CK ... it's just so convenient to save some typing work. KPA is so quick to type, everybody here understands it ... no need to get rid of it, honestly. and as I mentioned above, a short domain name is always nice to have. I would hate to have something like the-kemper-profiler-wiki.org. I would be tired before I even finish typing it. :)

Regarding SEO:
    The Google search algorithms have changed a lot over the years, especially to prevent simple SEO cheating. The url content, the title tag and the various meta tags have lost their importance compared to the actual content of the crawled pages and the context of external links to that specific content.

Cheers,
    Martin

I'm pretty sure all LCD screens will look like this if contrast & brightness aren't correctly adjusted.
    For my LCD, I have Contrast @ 140 and Brightness @ 9.8 and White Balance @ 3.8 ... System menu, page 1/9

Cheers,
    Martin