Posts by lightbox

Hey gang,

while I was editing the wiKPA.org Wiki, I just thought that it might be great to have profiles of an original Leslie 122 amp & speaker ... in non rotating mode of course, we can add the Rotary Speaker effect in the Profiler. It would be interesting to see how a guitar interacts with a Leslie. And it could be an amazing opportunity to open up the Profiler world to keyboard players!?

What do think? Sounds interesting?

Cheers,
    Martin

Hey Geraldo,

great idea. If you like to create one, go ahead. :)
    Maybe we just keep it simple and use this Kemper Green as the color? Doesn't make much sense to ask for the right to use their logo for this small purpose, imho. :)

Cheers,
    Martin

Hi Gianfranco,

thanks for offering your wiKPA PDF's content! So far I haven't used it to feed the online Wiki.
    There's something very important I have to point out as clearly as I probably can:

The wiKPA.org website is NOT my personal project, I don't consider it my own property.
    It has to become a community run platform pretty much independent from me personally, the responsibility for the content side of things is on all of us.

Right now, at the very beginning, I spend a lot of time with different things of this platform. But as soon as things are nicely shaped and get going, I certainly will move a bit more to the (important) background tasks. Help others to learn MediaWiki, clean things in the background (structure, formatting, categorizing, backup, cleaning and preventing potential spam and vandalism).

Of course there's some technical limitations to perfect openness. Someone has to be the technical administrator of this project and as long as it's running on one of my own web servers, I simply can't offer technical administration access to anyone other than me. Also the domain name has to be owned and maintained by a natural person, which currently is me. But if there ever is the need to move the whole project to a different web server, to a technical administration other than me ... no problem at all.

Ok, back to topic:
    I'm 100% sure that everybody here would be very happy to see you join this project, me included! And if you think that your PDF's content should be included in parts or completely ... you should state it publicly. There's no point of making a private agreement with me, personally, since I don't consider this MY project (see above). :)

Cheers,
    Martin

Hope you don't mind me elaborating on the topic rig management...
    Move or delete as you like. I hope I can do a couple of lines every day, if it is OK with you.

Hey Labrat, great to see you adding content already. Of course I don't mind, and even if I did ... let me emphasize something very important again:

This is NOT my project, this is YOUR project, this is OUR project.
    Of course I set it up and got it started. But seriously, that's not rocket science. :)
    Now it's OUR task to fill it with great content ... and that's OUR work.

Hope that was clear enough, hehe. Since this website's content is put under a Creative Commons Licence, nobody will ever be the sole owner of it all. It's everybody's content and that has been VERY important for me when I decided to get it going.

Cheers,
    Martin

I think the other guy solved the problem with a special Firmware version that avoids the analog board error ... and then deleted all rigs to get rid of one potentially corrupt rig. That's what I understood from reading. Contact support, they can help you.

Cheers,
    Martin

Hi Zappledan,

can you point me to where exactly you found this information? I would like to add it to the wiKPA but I need good (official) reference. Have searched the current manual and addendum but can't find what you've wrote here.
    Or maybe some Kemper staff can confirm the above info so I can add it to our Wiki?

Thanks
    Martin

Whoa! Fantastic work, Martin!!! Thanks so much for your efforts! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks a lot. I just hope that it will not remain my effort but soon become our effort. ;)
    That's what the whole show is about, hehe.

(And I even found a lovely surprise under 'Enjoy the KPA'. I'm truly flattered. Thanks a lot! :S )

Yeah, I really like your cover. And feel free to add more of your own or others' music. If it gets to much for one page, we can easily split it to multiple pages. I can see this as a great, enjoyable showcase for all of us. :)

Cheers,
    Martin

Probably not a bug, but probably some small issue slipped through when you guys created the Pitch Effects (Micro Pitch, Transpose, Pedal Pitch, Chromatic Pitch, Harmonic Pitch).

Usually every effect on the KPA has some sort of "main parameter" which can be quickly adjusted when the effect is activated and you go to STOMPS menu (press and hold STOMPS button). None of the Pitch Effects seems to have such a "main parameter" defined, nothing can be adjusted.

Cheers,
    Martin

Important information:

I have added support for citations / references now!
    This is an important feature to ensure the quality (validity) of information provided in the wiKPA.
    Please have a close look at the Green Scream page markup to see how it works.

Cheers,
    Martin

I just find kind of ironic that, after months in which I received a very low logistic support, this wonderful community has waken up one week before I published my site, and after a supplementary effort from my part for creating the concept and the site..

As I already told you via PM, I'm really sorry for the trouble caused. It could have been avoided easily if we've been in the know of things happening and if we had been involved in creating it from the beginning. Nobody can support your effort logistically, technically or regarding content if we simply don't know. ;)

Now I've started the wikpa.org and I made it public at the earliest moment possible so everybody can participate and discuss right from the beginning. I just had to grab the domain name (3 minutes work) and then setting up the Mediawiki (20 minutes work) and then add some special features and create some basic content structure as a starting point (a few hours). After that was done, the basic foundation created, I immediately offered everybody to have a look and to discuss it. :) I'm very glad to see that some fellow community members already started to add content immediately.

It's really amazing what you've done with your PDF file! I totally mean that. It just had one flaw from the beginning, nobody could directly contribute to it. I think I've already mentioned a Wiki some time ago, but it took me some time to finally pull the plug and start. Bad coincidence that you've been working in the background on some project as well.

Cheers,
    Martin