Posts by lightbox

You can't search a string for the last appearance of a specific delimiter (-) and then get the number? Don't get me wrong, don't want to sound nasty, but this is really easy to do, no?

Performance filenames don't contain the Performance name. bummer
    They're just numbers.kipf

ideal file naming convention would be:
    performancename-number.kipf

This way we could organize/manage/store/archive/re-upload our pre-configured performances locally

about the mails... seems that it can take up to 48 hours :(
    So apologies for the delay.. we are trying a new Email Server client thinggy..not sure why it will take that long! but you will get it..

Hey Andy,

I received the mail short after my last post here. I already bought Amp Pack 6.
    Will start trying now.

Just one remark regarding the mail delays:
    Actually it's good to send mass mail in small portions. This reduces the risk to get blacklisted by spam lists and large mail providers.

Cheers,
    Martin

Wow, either I'm totally tonedeaf to German sarcasm or you really need to take a deep breath and relax. I'm sure everyone appreciates your help with the clicking issue.

There wasn't even the smallest bit of sarcasm in my post. I was 100% serious (and still am).
    How can it be that the FIRST EVER reaction of CK to one of my posts is only when I post something negative very clearly and loud? But when I tried to help (Transpose clicks, Website issues, 5 issues with FW2.0.0) they ignored my PMs, the ignored my posts, they didn't even have the time to answer: "Thanks, Martin, ..."

I know they are very busy. But when I see that CK gives a lot of attention to negative posts and has enough time to post answers that really try to threaten and blame the community as a whole ... wow. And on the other hand he doesn't have time at all to encourage constructive efforts and help. If that's the company's communication policy: Have fun, I quit.

You are absolutely right.
    More experienced companies don't talk about their projects in the public at all.
    They don't announce projects until they are nearly done, whenever this is.
    No bad PR, happy customers. No discussion.

We'll try to follow this guideline in the future.

You might be a technical genius, but I tell you now and today that you don't have the slightest idea how stupid your childish behaviour comes across.
    From today, my participation and will to help is over. I spent HOURS to investigate the Transpose click issue and nobody even considers to just write "Thanks for your help".
    Instead you're whining and threaatening and behaving unbelievably miffed all the time.
    I'm out ... and I reallyy don't care anymore, what you are. Thanks for the fish. :(

Great pack indeed. Waiting for my "loyal customer mail". :)
    And I really had to laugh, when I read your short description of the Marshall Bluesbreaker. You've certainly seen the Bluesbreaker demo video of Cpt. Lee and Rob Chappers. :D

I could have avoided this argument.
    I am out.

You could have avoided to jump on comments that CAN (but don't have to) be taken personal.
    Very few in your perception "unpleasant or unjustified" posts make you react like this? Wow.
    Relax, focus on the loads of positive and encouraging feedback here. :) Don't punish the whole community with such an offending statement just because you don't dig a few posts.

Cheers,
    Martin

I've updated my KPA to the new 2.0.0 Firmwave beta and I was curious to see the Perform Mode.
    So after Update process completed, I had a rig loaded. So far so good.
    But when I switched to PERFORM, I noticed that the 4th (empty) slot of the 5 perform slots was selected and the display below "Default Performance" showed the previously loaded rig's name although this was automatically assigned to slot 1.
    When I pressed the "RIG left" key once, it jumped to slot 3 and the display below didn't show a rig name. And when I switched back to slot 4, it was empty as well.

As mentioned in the thread title, this is not a big problem, just a cosmetic issue. I've just been confused for a second and after it happened once, I couldn't replicate the problem, even after reboot.

Cheers,
    Martin

Ok, back to serious. :)

I just read that the rigs used in Performance Mode can be tweaked and stored independently from Browse Pool.
    Does that mean, we have up to 1,000 rigs in Browse Mode PLUS up to 625 rigs in Perform Mode?
    Or do we have to respect the 1,000 rigs limit counting both, Browse & Perform?

Hi,

of course I can share a few company names. But it really depends on what you accept as "being open".
    First let me post a link to an article that imho is a good read.

So if you read this article, you understand, that "openness" doesn't necessarily mean that you publicly share detailed future product feature lists at the earliest planning stage, although it can, of course. But there's a growing number of companies that encourage their staff to blog or tweet publicly, even their personal thoughts on future products or asking the community for feedback in certain topics. Sometimes they're even allowed or encouraged to share some sneak peeks of upcoming new products or new versions of products.

There's a whole arsenal of tools a company can use to create a general feel of "openness". Let me give you a few examples regarding Kemper:

1. Perform Mode
    They had a first implementation of "Peform Mode" on the KPA shown at Musikmesse. They could have easily produced a short video with a demo of the feature and some words on what, how and why. That wouldn't hurt them at all, otherwiese they wouldn't have shown it at Musikmesse. But for some reason they don't want to talk about it here. Isn't that kind of strange and disturbing for those highly interested in the KPA and its evolution?

2. Bug reports & forums
    My personal impression (and I dare to claim I'm not the only one) is that once a bug is being reported, Kemper's first response takes a. to long and b. most of the time is kind of neglecting the existance of the bug. Like "how can you say that there's a bug when we can't see it, can't reproduce it?". That's not really good practice, imho. Expecially if the reporting user(s) aren't first time posters.

3. Blog & Facebook:
    Blogging is non ecistant in Kemper world and Facebook is used for marketing only. No honest and open communication appeal there. Open would be something like: "Wow, today we busted a stupid, small bug in Pitch Shifting effects. Glad we got this solved, thanks to those who helped to hunt it down. Next firmware beta update soon."
    This kind of communication doesn't hurt anybody, it doesn't help the competitors. it's just what it is: Open and honest.

4. Kemper Foot Controller:
    If CK is 100% convinced that he invents and produces superior products, why is he so shy and can't provide some layout graphics of the current Controller design or some other bits of information like: "Hey guys, I think today is a good day to tell you, that we will use Ethernet for the Foot Controller". Small bits of information and news that can't seriously hurt the business but give public proof of ongoing work and the will to share.

Anyway, I just feel they are much to afraid of sharing anything publicly where they shouldn't be afraid. If they learned how to filter the unavoidable feedback "when will it be ready?" and just focus on the general "feel" and "shown interest" of the community feedback, they can benefit as well as the community. Companies can learn to take even negative customer feedback as something positive: The community cares, no matter how individuals express their opinions!

Ok, finally one example of a company that learned to be way more open than years ago: Adobe. Many of their staff run their own blogs and frequently post bits of information and opinions and publicly call for opinions and ideas and actively support the community in many many ways. And most of them are very open to direct feedback and respond if the feedback is valuable ... although most of them are VERY busy.

Cheers,
    Martin

PS: Nachbar? :?:

... But I mean: What is he supposed to say? When I have a look at what's going on here in the forum, I am not surprised at all that he avoids mentioning specific ideas and plans.

I disagree with this, sorry.
    It's just a matter of how the company and its management deal with the feedback. If they take it personal and negative, of course they try to go the seemingly easy way. I know that it's common practice to keep the doors closed as much as possible. But that doesn't mean that this is the best solution.
    Some companies have learned to take the mix of requests, complaints, questions, reminders as a valuable and positive expression of interest and community feel. No need to get angry or offended by a few individual negative posts. Openness can be a very welcome and appreciated attitude and it can contribute a lot to a positive brand recognition.

No problem with SATA3 drives, they are backward compatible. The only disadvantage is that the latest SSDs could easily give you 400-500MB/s on SATA3, while it will be limited to roughly 200-240MB/s on a SATA2 controller. But don't get this wrong in terms of SSDs, they are MUCH faster than conventional HDs, even on SATA2 connection. That's because of their super fast access times, not only the increased data rate. It's pure fun to have a good SSD. :)