Posts by lightbox

I love the bags/cases by PortaBrace and own some for my cameras and other gear.
    Lots of "external" space for cables, stomp boxes, mobile recorders, you name it.
    My KPA still is not supposed to travel, so I didn't buy one yet. But I'm sure you'll find something.
    Don't miss out on these if you're looking for high quality. They are well known and popular in
    broadcast video & audio business. :)

[Blocked Image: http://www.portabrace.com/medi…cts/main/87/car-2knew.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://www.portabrace.com/medi…ts/main/416/pc-111new.jpg]

http://www.portabrace.com/prod…on-gear/a5-carrying-cases

Thanks a lot, Maurizio!

Sounds great on my Fender American Standard Strat with the factory "Custom Shop Fat 50s" PUs.
    For the Intro, I prefer Switch 4 because of the noise cancellation.
    To compensate the slight loss of "bite", I changed the Studio EQ High Gain from -4.2 to -2.8dB
    Really quick fix for my guitar and it sounds amazing!

Cheers,
    Martin

Today I checked with Focusrite tech support and they confirmed that none of their devices (even the new ones) have internal sample rate conversion.
    That means, with KPA S/PDIF Out you currently have to switch your whole audio signal chain to 44.1kHz. This is not an option for my work. I have to stay 48kHz.
    Of course I could add a Behringer Ultramatch Pro SRC 2496 or Mutec MC-4 or Lake People SRC F422 to my gear collection.
    But to be honest, I think the KPA should be as versatile as possible without any additional 3rd party gear requirement.

Imho, there should be a "Made by Kemper" solution for this problem!
    Either a configurable S/PDIF Out ... or maybe even better a decent digital I/O board for the big hole in the back of the lunchbox (will never need it for power amp option).

Kemper Digital I/O Board could provide the following features:

• S/PDIF i/o (coax. Cinch & opt.)
    • AES/EBU i/o (XLR)
    • ADAT i/o (Lightpipe)
    • MADI i/o (opt. & coax. BNC)
    • Word Clock i/o (coax. BNC)
    • Master or Slave sync mode selectable
    • 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz & 192kHz i/o modes

Ok, I confess that for some this might be to much to ask for, but I'm a huge fan of 100% plug'n'play in terms of "I don't have to worry about connection limitations and requirements".
    And I'm willing to pay for this luxury, btw.

Cheers,
    Martin

... and concerning the normal job of a Mod I cannot recall that was ever necessary in 1 year of activity

That highly depends on what you're expecting of a "normal job of a mod". ;)
    My expectations might be much different to yours though.

Want a small example?

• The WiKPA thread with all the wonderful information viabcroce is collecting and providing there ... why isn't it pinned?

I could give more examples, but this might be the wrong topic to discuss these things.
    A moderator needs the tools and means to build, maintain, care for, structure, encourage, lead community life.

A native Brazilian mod Need totally understanding of the topic and has to timely translate the relevant Parts into Portugese.

Coming from a community building and managing background I can tell you for sure, that a forum moderator doesn't have to have expert, in-depth knowledge of a product's technical details and he has even less to translate content for others. The actual job of a forum moderator is much different to what you seem to expect. ;)

With NAMM almost finished and MIDEM in full swing, it's just 72 days left until Musikmesse 2013 :thumbup:
    Wow, that's little more than 2 month only.
    Who's planning to visit and see the new Kemper products in action (maybe KFC, maybe Librarian)?
    Kemper booth will be in Hall 4.0, Booth J04

I can't see a single good reason for not having a forum section for other languages than english.
    Sometimes it can be really nice and helpful to discuss things in a language more familiar to you than a foreign language and it can encourage more "local community" activity as well.

Not sure if a mid-western American needs to stay informed in his mother language, if 6 czech guys want to arrange a KPA user meeting and profiling session in Budvar ... etc.

... in response and reaction to another attempt at FAS ...

... this is just a reaction to an (IMO) even worse behaviour ...
    ... this thread has grown on a seed planted in another forum ...

The fact that something is discussed on another forum doesn't mean, it must be a constant topic here as well. Why not react where it happens, if you feel like? This constant flaming here is no good for the KPA environment. If you feel like discussing the technical details (11kHz content), go ahead. But always mentioning some personal issues with someone from another company ... c'mon, that's not helpful at all. :)

My personal point of view is:
    It's all about technical gear and if I need a device, I just buy it. I don't need to be friends with the company's owner. So imho, there's absolutely no need to discuss personal issues in another company's product forum.

Just my couple of cents,
    Martin

Every medal has two sides. And sometimes it's helpful to see the other side as well.
    As a neutral observer (I don't know the Axe FX), I just tell you that imho it's very inappropriate
    to discuss another company and its product here over and over again.
    There's a reason why I own the KPA and why I'm registered here ... and I have no need at all to read
    all this kind of flamewar here on Kemper's forums.
    Ain't it possible to keep this forum clean and discuss all this Axe FX and Cliff horseplay on other gear related forums?

Just sayin' since I feel disturbed by this continuous rave here
    Martin

Hi all - I'm researching amp modeler to buy and considering Kemper. But I saw this in a competitor product forum that concern me. Can one of the knowledgeable members confirm if this is correct? Or if it even matter?

"Kemper's dirty little secret is that internally it only runs at 22.05 kHz. This means there is no frequency content above 11 kHz and everything above that is aliasing noise. If you have good hearing (i.e. young) you will probably pick up on this more readily.

It does sound better than many other products, especially at lower gains where the aforementioned limitation is not as critical." [quote from competitor product]

Hi brusky,

let me try to explain in other words. :)

The KPA takes a high-res photo of a landscape at a certain time of day, at a certain weather situation, in a certain season.
    The resulting image will look exactly like the real scene ... and you can of course add some color correction and image effects afterwards.

The other amp modellers can not take a photo, they have to use some drawing and painting techniques to recreate the scene as a more or less photo-realistic painting. As you can imagine, this way you can't create a 100% perfect representation of the real scene in a given moment. But if you have lots of skills, you can of course get a beautiful painting. It's just not 100% accurate realism. And if you're a good artist, you can mix photo-realism with other painting and drawing techniques to create an amazing painting that doesn't even try to be 100% photo-realistic "only".

Now I think it just depends on you, what you're looking for.
    I for one can achieve effects in many many ways. But it has been impossible to me before to get this extraordinary realism, the KPA can provide. And I can't tell you how much I enjoy this every single day since I own the KPA. :)

Cheers,
    Martin