Posts by TubeTom

Is there an interest in a "Kemper-Community Amp"?

I have a prototype, similar to the Camplifier. It is based on the icepower 250asx2 including unbalanced to ballanced converter and POE interface. With the integrated of an etherCON jack from Neutrik you can additionally protect the RJ45 jack on the Kemper. The whole thing is on a plate for the installation in the KPA Head.

I could also make a stomp format version for the Kemper Stage.

The Seymour Duncan Powerstages use the same class D amp boards as Kemper does for their powered models. ICE Power. Those are really good units. The Carvin Mach 100 looks good, but keep in mind you also have to lug the 24v power brick with it. Think laptop-size power brick.

I'm seriously thinking about buying an ICE Power board, harness and assembling my own enclosure. No power brick needed with these. I still have to work through all the steps, but so far it looks totally doable and about half the cost of a Powerstage 170, but using the exact model of amp in it.

We'll see.

Where did you get the information that Seymour Duncan also installs the ICEpower module? Do you mean the ICEpower 50ASX2?

I myself built the icepower 250ASX2 into my Kemper. This is relatively uncomplicated and sounds realy great.

I found the Kone prototype from the Namm 2019 more beautiful. It could be stacked nicely. The handle on the top looks nice, but is totally impractical, so you can't put the KPA Head on the box :(

Are there any real news? Kone and Editor were already introduced last year at Namm.

Hier die Lösung und vielen Dank an den tollen Kemper-Support!!!

Der PROFILER kann 4 verschiedene Control Changes verarbeiten.

CC#1 (Modulation) für Wah effekte

CC#4 (Pitch) für Pitch Effekte

CC#7 (Volume) zur Lautstärkereglung und

CC#11 (Expression) zur Steuerung der Morphing Funktion.

Ab Werk sind die verschiedenen Pedal Inputs schon entsprechend vorkonfiguriert.

Bei Bedarf kann die Funktion die den gewünschten CC Wert senden soll, auf der entsprechenden Pedal Seite geändert werden.

Wenn also ein externes Gerät über CC 4 kontrolliert werden soll, so wählt man die Pitch Funktion für das Pedal aus.

Damit sich die Veränderung nur auf das externe MIDI Gerät auswirkt, darf im PROFILER selber keine der Funktionen in einem Rig verwendet werden. Im Extremfall darf man dann in keinem Rig Wah und Pitch Effekte verwenden sowie die Volume Pedal Range auf 0 stellen und kein Morphing verwenden.

Viele Grüße

Tom

Hi all,

I have a question about the "Pedal to Midi" function (manual 7.0, page MIDI 281).

I would like to connect pedals to my remote that I want to use to control external devices.

Under "System" I can activate "Pedal to Midi". But now I ask myself how I have to configure the pedals so that they don't change anything on the Kemper itself and only send the Midi data.

Thanks for your help!

Tom

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe mal eine Frage zu der "Pedal to Midi" Funktion (Handbuch 7.0, Seite MIDI 281).

Ich möchte an meiner Remote Pedale anschließen, mit denen ich externe Geräte steuern will. Unter "System" kann ich dazu "Pedal to Midi" aktivieren. Nun frage ich mich aber, wie ich die Pedale konfigurieren muss, damit sie am Kemper selbst nichts umstellen und nur die Midi-Daten senden.

Für eure Hilfe schonmal Danke im Voraus!

Viele Grüße

Tom

That's a bug from the beginning. Kemper has never formally commented on this, but it has been mentioned several times in the forum.

If this bug were a pure software problem, it could have been fixed. Therefore I suspect a hardware problem.

Is the problem also with the Kemper Stage?

CK: "The speaker and passive cab will be available late summer with a powered version to be released at a later date"

Kemper Forum: "There's an electrical outlet in the background of the picture, that must mean the powered version will be released first!!!"

:P

In Germany, Europe and the entire northern hemisphere, autumn begins on 23 September 2019 at 09:50 Central European Summer Time. :/