Posts by kkolb71

Maybe just get the ethernet port functional and adapt the KPA to work with the MFC-101. It seems to be a good design and it would be great to get power, text on the LCD screen, expression pedals, switches and program changes all through the one ethernet/ethercon cable.

I am a country telecaster player in the style of Brent Mason and Brad Paisley. My main reason for switching from the Axe FX II to the KPA was my struggle to find a clean tone that had the appropriate "hair" on it. Before my dive into the modeling stuff I played a Matchless DC 30 with a lot of different boutique pedals. I think the Kemper is much more amp-like and I have been able to obtain the sounds I knew I wanted. Now, to get to the point, I purchased some individual amp models from the the AMP Pack 2 and I am really impressed with the Trainwreck and Two Rock 35 Pro profiles. These are great for getting the type of tone I have missed having with a real amp. The better part is I can get the sounds without the volume required on a real amp. If you are looking for similar sounds, check these 2 amp profiles out.