Posts by Man_With_Gas

A further additional request is to have a filter on the pitch notes/voices.

In some instance you want to roll off the higher frequencies on the pitch note to better mix/blend with the original note.

Afterall no 2 guitar players will have exactly the same eq as each other and this is part of the magic of a two guitar harmonising band.

As we know many guitarists will be on the neck pickup whilst the other guitarist is on the bridge pickup. Add to that the two guitarists are never perfectly in sync and this is the reason to slightly delay the pitch notes to further replicate the effect of two guitarists.

Hopefully this can be implemented and if so my H8000 will be finally laid to rest.

If measurement was that accurate and effective wouldn't we already have a profiler/modeller that was exactly the same as a tube amp in every way.

They're VERY close of course but that intangible feel/response of a tube amp to the player still alludes. I do agree they will eventually get there but they're not 100% there today. Again, they're very close.

I take your comments onboard in a positive way academically,however, our human ears are the end game and nothing else.

I absolutely LOVED the rawness/feel of 1.5. It was this firmware revision that converted me from tube amps all together to "only" the KPA. I was TOTALLY astounded/impressed by how much the KPA was JUST like a "raw rockin" tube amp.

Not to open up old threads and arguments as I do agree the tone/sound didn't change but the feel/rawness as mentioned did. I 100% believe CK didn't change the sound/tone as he stated but maybe the levels/routing carried through the entire KPA were changed resulting in a more refined rawness/feel?

Whilst I agree I'm probably in the minority as most prefer a more refined response/feel, however, I wish 1.5 was avaliable with all the updates we have today. If that rawness was still there it would sway far more players away from tube amps and dare I say it - the AXEFX11.

As requested above, if options like studio/live or as above were in place it would be a serious game changer in this field.

Again, I don't wish to incite arguments or upset anyone but I still believe 1.5 had something that revisions thereafter haven't had. I'm talking about something that can't be recorded and measured as it was a rawness/feel thing that coud only be realised by the actual person playing the unit. Yes, I do agree the tone/sound were not updated/touched as CK stated.

Hello J - I've done everything you have mentioned as I usually start my presets/rigs from scratch with the exact same issues.(no copying/pasting) Not 100% sure but I believe the issue is only isolated to user scales, in my case this is where it's at so far.

BTW: I don't use performance mode at all and I 've had this issue for the last 2 FW/OS updates. (Since user scales were introduced)

Hello again CK - I exactly tried your suggestion above re the mix control and still the same result with no difference at all. (Note garble is still VERY present)

You may also want to look at the copy and paste function when copying Harmonic Pitch User Scales as it too doesn't copy nor paste correctly from one rig to the next.
    Changes Steps in User Scale 1 and also "adds" step degrees in User Scale 2 when pasting.

When I use the chromatic pitch effect changing from one rig to the other it works fine. It's when using Harmonic Pitch the problem makes it unusable which is a real shame.

Any chance of an emergency fix as I have many shows to do and carrying & patching the Eventide is a serious pain in the arse!

Thanks again in advance.

When switching from a non pitch effect rig to a rig with pitch effect (Harmonic pitch) it's a garbled mess as the tracking hasn't caught up fast enough.

After approx 2 -3 secs it then tracks and sounds as it should.

I've copied the entire rig that has no effects at all and then only added Harmonic Pitch using User Scale 1 and only altering one voice with and without pure
    tuning and the result is the same. (I'm not using the formant option as I don't need to)

I'm using a FCB1010 to change rigs via midi. I've never had an issue with changing any other rigs/presets on the KPA or the Eventide.

It may not be tracking OR a slow processor, it may be the effect isn't kicking in fast enough with the preset/rig change? I don't know but it is there.

This has happened on both recent OS updates. I've let it go until now but I have a problem as I still have to cart and use my Eventide H8000 until this
    is corrected.

Are you aware of the issue CK ?

BTW: Before anybody posts a fix/try option can they please check their own units first THEN only post. (Thanks in advance)

I have no such artifacts here. No other user shows up having ariefacts.
    How is your sound when you play through real speakers?
    Pull the cables and play each side in mono only. Differences?

Real speakers (monitor out) works fine. Headphones is where I hear it. Yes, I use Sennheiser HD424's headphones for everything so I'm well versed with what they produce.

I'll be back soon after hearing the cable out method you've suggested.

The reason for my suggestion of playing loud through your monitors to test is that with head phones you will still here your guitar ring original tuning and then transposed tuning.
    This may be the cause of what you are hearing.

Thanks for the effort and possibility but definitely not and I certainly know the difference.

I still can't post in the private section so that's why the question is here.

I'm running the latest firmware and when you wear headphones and put transpose before and after the amp you get artifacts in one channel of the headphones. I did switch off all effects and was only using transpose and the amp, the bad artifacts can
    be easily heard making it unusable at the moment. Yes I did try the smooth chords checkbox both on and off with the same result.

I was detuned only 1 & 2 steps down.

I must say the transpose is utterley amazing and fully useable if the artifacts didn't exist. If this can be fixed ASAP I'd be very grateful.

I would also like to ask when using the Chromatic & Harmonic pitch effects having only one stereo parameter control works fine if you're only using 1 harmony voice, what about when you use 2 harmony voices there should also be a stereo parameter for this voice too? (If you were running 2 amps/FRFRs you would have the original note in the centre and the 2 harmony voices panned left and right for a HUGE spread)