Posts by Man_With_Gas

Does anyone notice when using the chromatic harmonizer effect that its volume control has no effect?

I have it placed in the X slot post amp.

I've installed the firmware twice and reset the KPA twice.

I'm posting in this section as I can't post in the private forum.

Yes, I've registered my KPA many times and still no access.
    Same outcome whether I'm using my desktop or Ipad.

Okay, I'll take it all. Can you wrap it before I go? :P

Eventide isn't really that advanced. The Roland VG99 harmonizer has presets for major/minor scales and has 11 chromatic steps in the custom scale. Step 1 is the root. Each step has a number that defaults to 0 which is the offset. The offset can range +/- 24. This allows the defining of the harmony note played in correspondence to the note detected. Once configured, the root (key) is set but can be changed on the fly. Very easy and handy to use. It has dual effect engines and can have dual harmonizers with different offsets for 3 part harmonies. Been that way since 2006.

bd

The Eventide H8000 can have 8 scales and does more than you've listed above

You need to use and drive the H8000 and you'll appreciate where I'm coming from.

The H8000 is a dual dsp machine and you can configure them ANYWAY you want to using their Vsig program/editor.

Eventide invented digital effects and harmonisation.

Good to receive your response.

Your concerns are correct.

Eventide address this by allowing you to "first' select what scale and mode along with the key you would like to use.
    You then have the option to then add notes to the existing scale shown and should you wish you can chromaticise the scale. The key/tonic are still intact but again you can then change those to another key if you wish.

Eventide deal in note names and not steps.

If you would like I could send you screen dumps to give you a detailed view of an Eventide H8000 custom scales, If so, let me know where and I will.

Just to be clear what's in your beta works but to most guitar players it could be far more simplified by the above making more appealing to existing owners and future owners.

By implenting custom scales to your KPA you have fulfilled most guitarists lust/dream for an Eventide product.

What about the pre delay and modulation requests above, is it possible to implement?

I look forward to your response.

Okay - I haven't posted for a while but I thought it relevant to after living with 1.8 Beta for a while.

Can you PLEASE change the GUI for the CUSTOM SCALES for the official 1.8 release.

I'm asking that instead of using the current 1.8 Beta STEPS to implement CUSTOM SCALES where you see a
    chromatic scale and then the user can select what note he or she wants against the original chromatic scale.
    (This is how Eventide does it and for a serious reason)

It should look something like the following:-

USER CUSTOM SCALE 1

Original Note User Selected/Shifted Note
    E A
    F A#
    F# G
    G D
    G# D#
    A Db
    A# D
    B E
    C E
    C# F
    D Gb
    D# G

Where the user didn't want a shifted note against the chromatic scale they would leave it blank
    so the KPA would return nothing shifted OR a second unison note against the original note.

Whilst your current Beta solution maybe musically more formal it is daunting to many users
    who don't have the knowledge to get the most out of the effect.

I can assure you if you implement the above more users (& potential new buyers) will use (want) the CUSTOM SCALES function
    and this is why Eventide implemented it this way.

I sincerely hope you take the above on board and implement it ASAP.

Also if you could add a filter on each shifted voice to roll off the top/high end and provide a small delay option to each shifted voice it
    would have the harmonizer blending more so with the original unshifted note like a true second guitarist would in a live situation.

Ideally, system resources permitting, also adding a modulation option for each shifted voice would totally cover off all requirements and
    have your harmonizer totally finalised.

Thanks in advance.

You want the CEO and Inventor of the Access Virus and Kemper Profiler to respond to every piece of internet Fractal firmware update hype?
    That would be a 24 hour a day job, I would think CK is too busy for that.

I don't see Marshall, or Reinhold Bogner, Paul Riviera or Randall Smith spending their lives on the internet commenting on every product released by each others respective companies...they get on with the development of their own product.

Keep in mind, when the Kemper released in January 2012 with Firmware 1, the Axe-FX, according to the internet hype, had apparently sounded "exactly like a tube amp or better" for years already.
    Made no difference did it, the Kemper was product of the year 2012 and the 'game changer' using firmware 1...so if YOU think the Kemper is going to "die" very quickly because of the latest Firmware 10 hype then think again...you couldn't be more wrong.

It's interesting how a very small minority of internet guitarists, the "I own both" club, think they have the right to take CK or Cliff Chase hostage by saying, if you don't keep up with what the other company is doing then I'm going to buy/keep the 'other' product and sell yours.
    Well, keep in mind, that small minority of guitarists makes up maybe 3% of the real world guitarists who don't take part in that 'hostage' nonsense.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

What a grave dissapointment your post is.

Tube amps are a completely different technology to the digital domain, it's sad you have to be reminded.
    To suggest the behaviourals of each can be compared is idiotic at best.

Nowhere did I suggest hostages or keeping one product over the other. Should I choose to do so it's my right because I can afford it and when I do it will be the superior unit regardless of your thoughts or misconceived perception of my position.

When you remove your emotion maybe you'll see exactly where I'm coming from.

BTW: I do use ( & promote) the Kemper live in public at least once a week so your presumption of my position is incorrect. I use the KPA with an Eventide 8000 to cover off harmony duties. I don't need to threaten CK as I have the bases covered off better than what the KPA will future state offer regarding harmonisation.

"As for the thread derailing... many of these pages are due to someone's lack of good manners, IMO"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All this rhetoric about everyone's overly sensitive feelings and THEIR passive "aggressive" posts responding to my post about actual facts. Your responses/hypocrisy are further supporting my post.

Are we entitled to upgrades somebody asked - you bet as most potential buyers do due dilligence before purchasing by downloading manuals and in this case performance mode is mentioned and let's not overlook the toaster has a rotary switch that has a performance position. If this doesn't entitle you to a future promise you must not be thinking straight. For people to ask when "after" they paid good money is 100% justifiable.

I'd also like respond to someone's comment about not telling the forum/market about future updates due to the competition. Kemper's only competition is Fractal so any updates in the effects dept or routing capabilities are at NO risk to Kemper as Fractal are light years ahead already in the effects/routing dept compared to Kemper. So this excuse does not stand and is considered a poor joke. I'd like to add I prefer the amp sounds of the KPA compared to the Fractal but I can still be objective and accept when another product in certain areas is far superior. (I own both)

Back to the OP's question re 2 profiles at once - CK's technical response would be very welcomed by most I suspect.
    I would think the KPA doesn't have the CPU power like the Fractal (2 tigerSHARC CPUs) and never will. A guess, but again CK's definitive technical response would lay to rest all together anybody thinking a future development may allow this.

If Fractal with future firmware updates (10?) achieve amp like feel like the KPA the life of the current KPA will die VERY quickly. If CK wants more people onboard re his product, maybe talking regularly about what's coming more openly and in detail will help his business plan to a quicker realisation.

If the above offends you go to church and pray for me, if the above is boring you ignore it all together and go out and have a good time. If you disagree with it I could care less and won't read your response.

My manners & objectivism are intact, can you truly say yours are.

Quoted from "Man_With_Gas"
    Lightbox and a few other realists are seeing the issues as customers who have paid and been told future developments will be forthcoming.

This forum and it's many users now appear to be hardcore fanbois building and supporting a shrine to CK their saviour and God.

When owners/users start to rightfully question what's going on and when, they're pounced upon by the "pack". I'm saddened as it's very much looking like the Fractal forum.

As for CK and SOME of his responses they're rude and yes, not always true.

Check my previous posts and you'll see my position remains unchanged on the product and the man and his attitude towards his paying customers who have been led to believe customer respect/support is different at Kemper.

So what does this post expect?

Let ANY user have his say as they see fit as unlike the fanbois they have real questions and issues that THEY experience. If the disciple fanbois are happy with their experience great for them but they're not everyone believe it or not. Also the number or posts from people who like to post absolutely NO VALUE comments is pathetic. If you have no actual value to add please spare us your pathetic words as you're clogging up a forum that should be about the product and actually helping others. If you want to socialize use your phone or jump on http://www.lookingforafriendImpathetic.com

So, who's pathetic now?
    When you demand more respect you should finally start to show it yourself.
    Your whole post is a perfect example of rudeness itself.
    You denounce a majority of the user base as non - realists and fanbois.
    I for one don't feel I belong to either group and also I also don't see any blind worshipping from other constantly contributing forum members .

And when you demand more 'value' (whatever that might be for you) from the contributions of some members I have two points to make:
    1. This is no support/tech talking forum only. I have made some pleasant relationships here with friendly people from all over the world that share some of my personal interests. I'm sure others share this sentiment and this forum displays this with a certain kind of familiarity and comradship.
    2. Look up the history of your own posts. Start creating value yourself, finally.
    ------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------
    I don't recall wanting your respect only your intelligence if you had any.

Everything you've written is exactly my point.

I also said this the other day to someone - I didn't realise you ran security for Kemper or you're related to CK.
    Your rant certainly indicates one or the other or maybe even both. Most likely you've self appointed yourself I strongly suspect.

Demand more value? I see you as a child/fanboi who needs a lesson in comprehension.

It'd be best if you headed back over to the Line6 board as your input here is not helping me and many others.

NOW you actually have something to whine about.

Lightbox and a few other realists are seeing the issues as customers who have paid and been told future developments will be forthcoming.

This forum and it's many users now appear to be hardcore fanbois building and supporting a shrine to CK their saviour and God.

When owners/users start to rightfully question what's going on and when, they're pounced upon by the "pack". I'm saddened as it's very much looking like the Fractal forum.

As for CK and SOME of his responses they're rude and yes, not always true.

Check my previous posts and you'll see my position remains unchanged on the product and the man and his attitude towards his paying customers who have been led to believe customer respect/support is different at Kemper.

So what does this post expect?

Let ANY user have his say as they see fit as unlike the fanbois they have real questions and issues that THEY experience. If the disciple fanbois are happy with their experience great for them but they're not everyone believe it or not. Also the number or posts from people who like to post absolutely NO VALUE comments is pathetic. If you have no actual value to add please spare us your pathetic words as you're clogging up a forum that should be about the product and actually helping others. If you want to socialize use your phone or jump on http://www.lookingforafriendImpathetic.com

Guitamania62 is okay, truth is he's echoing many of our thoughts and championing the cause for everyone with a KPA.

He's passionate and a response from CK and crew given the amount of promotion and effort Guitarmania62 has done wouldn't hurt anyone.

It's the Kemper forum after all so it's the right place to ask and expect answers from the Kemper crew. Where else should he ask.

If he pisses you off ignore him instead of chastising him. Pretty simple wouldn't you agree.

You mean that people is allowed to express an opinion only if they agree with you? Very interesting... :thumbdown:
    I don't doubt that to you it is very important, to others not. Cope with it.
    I also suggest to express yourself in more polite way, nobody was attacking yourself, I was just expressing my opinion.

Please express yourself, it's a forum after all.

I expressed myself and you've had your turn.

You diss (question & potentially park) my request and I diss you.

I see this as an even exchange on a forum.

I look forward to questioning and putting a negative on your comments and requests going forward. (Now that's interesting)

I agree that some request (custom scale pitch shifter, IMO) is a bit of a stretch, but the rest is quite reasonable.

What I find a bit of a stretch is you have 5445 posts (UFB) and you still have time to diss my request.

If you don't understand the importance of what I'm actually asking for keep your comments to yourself.

Jesus, get a life and give the forum a break.

For example, I use a lot of pitch and harmony effects live and in the past being in the FX loop of an amp, the poweramp and speakers would warm up the sound and make them blend in to the overdriven guitar sound a lot better. When you put them after the cabinet, they sound REALLY synthetic and just plain terrible. They don't work at all before the amp so, my only choice is to have them after and turn them way down so they don't sound so terrible. But, it doesn't sound nearly like they did before.

J

I have to say using my Eventide H8000 in the loop after the cab has the opposite effect. The H8000 and its harmony actually sounds the best it ever has.
    The tracking has improved and the noise of an actual tube amp not being there makes a big difference to the clarity of the harmonies.

Whilst I certainly agree and support where the Delay and Reverb are currently in the chain as they work beautifully for guitar I would like the option
    to be able to over ride either of these " 2 slots" with another/additional effects loop.

There are times I would rather use my Eventide H8000 where the Delay Or Reverb currently are as I use the existing loop up front for an OD pedal.
    Why do I need the loop? Because if the KPA had a custom scales harmonizer I wouldn't have to use the Eventide H8000.

This then begs the question what physical in and out is available to support a second loop if it existed software wise?

Bumping this request as it's a VERY important one.

The competition have it so the KPA should also have it.

For those who haven't used this effect once you do you'll appreciate how powerful it can be.

Eventide made a company from it.

others need their gear only for complaining.

I feel somewhat offended with the above and here is my response.

You haven't got a clue.

Next time bring something factual and constructive to the thread. If you're a blind & deaf fanboi post elsewhere thanks.

When changing presets with high gain the ramp up is much more noticeable than presets with little or no OD gain (clean)

FTR: Axe FX changes without the ramp up or lag, I know because I owned and used one live many times.

Soldano SLO 100, Bogner 101A, 101B & 100B XTC, Elmwood M60 & M90, Bogner Shiva, Bogner Goldfinger, Friedman BE100, Marshall JVM401H change with no lag or ramp up times in comparison to the KPA and I know this because I (still) own these amps and have used them live extensively.
    (BTW: Some of these amps use LDRs and some use relays to switch channels)

And for anybody else in doubt - using an Uno equipped Behringer FCB and an RJM Mastermind with different length midi cables has the same problem with the KPA.

I believe I own and have used enough equipment and gigged live enough to know there is a problem.

Behringer FCB1010 lag between switching rigs

If others and myself are so wrong where is CK to prove the issue imaginative.

What is performance mode and what does it exactly in detail deliver to the live player? Why is it so hard to get fully detailed answers?