Posts by b9788217979d0d8344db4da45919913948c2ac74

Are you sure that you're not clipping the input of your audio interface? Even if all levels into and out of the KPA are fine, your audio interface's input gain maybe set too high or you're accidentially using the wrong input.
    If you're seeing a clipped waveform in your DAW, does it peak up to 0 dBFS? If yes, the Audio Interface input is clipping, if not, the KPA is clipping.

In case of the audio interface clipping, here are the choices I know:
    a) Make sure you're using the DIRECT OUTPUT (Output Source: "Git Analog") from the KPA into a DI/Instrument/Hi-Z input of your audio interface. Adjust the input gain on the audio interface so that the resulting level will be about -18 dBFS.

b) Or use a S/PDIF Connection between the KPA and your audio Interface and you don't have to/can't care about the levels.

c) Set the DIRECT OUTPUT to "Git Studio" and go from the KPA into a line level input on your audio Interface. Again, set input levels correctly.

And I don't know any other way to adjust the KPA's input level other than using the Clean Sens in the input section.

There are only so many different tube amp tonestacks and I don't think that we need to take 1000's of profiles to simulate them.
    I'd take a similar approach to the amp profiling in the KPA where the KPA inherently "knows" how a tube amp works and what signals it needs to send to the amp to analyze it.
    With passive EQs where the bands interact, I believe that a few smartly designed EQ-sweeps are enough to tell that base tonestack-model how to react like the amp in question.

Unfortunately, this would make the whole profiling process more advanced, because precise user interaction - e.g. turning bass, mid, treble, presence knobs exactly the way they should be turned during the processs - is required.

Du kannst das sicher mit pfiffigem Einsatz von Panning in den post-Amp Effekten erreichen.
    Also im letzten aktiven FX-Block einen Effekt der es dir erlaubt das Signal auf eine Seite zu pannen. Z.b. das Rhythm Delay im DLY-Block mit Volume 1 auf 10 und Volume 2-4 auf 0. Mit Panorama 1 kannst von links nach rechts regeln. Und „To Tempo“ muss noch aus sein, damit du das Delaytempo auf 0 setzen kannst.
    Klingt kompliziert, aber ich habe auf die Schnelle keinen einfacheren Weg gefunden.

Awesome, that makes a lot of sense. Also, no point running both 1/4" outputs of the Kemper into both inputs of the scarlett, right? Just run one output into the Scarlett I assume?

That's personal preference. I am recording the mono Monitor Out - configured to be the post-amp signal without any Kemper-FX - signal into a mono input of my audio Interface and add any fx later in my DAW.
    But as others have said, if you want to record the Kemper's own post-amp fx like delay, reverb or modulation, go stereo out of the Main Outs into both inputs of your Scarlett.

I tried the post studio EQ to tame the high frequencies and I don’t like what it does to the tone, it has an unpleasant affect on the tone which I just can’t get around…to my ears, the feel gets completely choked and it’s not just about illiminating the high frequencies, something else happens…

I am fairly new to my Kemper, so I cannot reply out of my head. But I will re-check your findings at home. From my cloudy memory, the high cut (not the high-shelf EQ-band!) on the EQ is a fairly steep (sounds like 24 dB/oct to me) low-pass filter that will just affect the high frequencies. That said, just switching on the Studio EQ while keeping all controls flat should not affect the sound at all. Then I will turn down the high cut from it's default of something like 35.000 Hz down until the fizz goes away. As I said, the low-pass cuts hard and I find myself setting it higher in frequency than I would when using a plugin-EQ. I end up with like 13 KHz on the Studio EQ, where I would settle at about 10 KHz on a plugin in my DAW.

But I'll check when I'm home if the Studio EQ does change the sound in other ways,

A good tip is to turn down the high cut until you hear it cutting the fizz very high end away and then turn it up again a little (maybe 1 KHz) to prevent any unwanted effects (as in "too much cutting").
    And I've heard people doing it the other way around by turning it down pretty low (say 2 KHz) and then turning it up until it sounds good.

Quick question about Profiling. When you profile an amp, does the volume of the amp being profiled need to be loud, such as stage volume loud or can you have the volume low and still get the same profile?
    Thank you

A tube amp sounds different on different volumes and the microphone gets hit with different levels as well.
    I bought my KPA today and profiled my Dual Rectifier right away and while profiling it, I got the message that the KPA is clipping and I have to reduce the amp‘s level. The amp was not very loud. That said, the range of volumes seems to be very limited anyway. So I‘d turn it up as loud as it gets without showing the error message.