Posts by b9788217979d0d8344db4da45919913948c2ac74

Hey frazzman, CelticGibson and ServusJon,

thank you very much for your feedback. I really appreciate it!

This profile is top shelf!

This amp in my view is one of the hardest to get right. Nearly every commercial profile I’ve tried is either too muddy or too fizzy. This is very articulate and sounds great with my passives. Good job and thanks.

Actually from all of my amps I am finding the Rectifier to be the easiest to record (and therefore to profile). But without wanting to step onto anyone's toes, I agree that most Recto profiles I've checked out sound a bit too extreme to my ears. Most don't capture the brutal low-mids that this amp provides. But to be honest, I needed quite some attempts with various settings and and mic positions to get it where I wanted it. That said, the KPA is a godsend to be able to capture that moment that is sometimes hard to reproduce reliably and consitently.

I have been striving for what I call a "full range tone", which means that I want as much evenly distributed low-end, midrange and highend in my tone which you then can adjust later with as little EQ as possible to get the exact tone you want.

This is by far the best rectifier profile I played with. Do you mind making more profiles of that amp to cover more genres? b9788217979d0d8344db4da45919913948c2ac74

Stunning work and great ears!

Yes, I will and comments like yours motivate me to do so. This amp has more to offer than "Da Brootalz" of Ch3/Modern. Next, I will dive deeper into the Raw Mode and the Pushed Mode of the Clean channel. Both of these modes are highly overlooked, imho and provide nice tones way out of the usual Metal genre this amp is known and used for.

Also I'll mount more different speakers (Celestion GT12T-75 and G12-65) for my cabinet to get even more variety. The Creamback I have alongside my V30's doesn't do it for me so far.

These profiles work extremely well with my 335. I am addicted to this amp. So responsive and the breakup is sweet. Thanks for these profiles. They are providing many hours of good playing. :)

Hey CelticGibson,

thank you very much for the kind words! Yes, I also really like the breakup of this amp that you can control with your fingers / picking attack.

Unfortunately, I don't have a 335 but a merely Ibanez AG75 hollowbody (175-ish copy, at least from the looks ) which works extremely well with this amp. Just push the MID-knob on the amp EQ a bit (about 1 dB) and maybe up the drive a little and the lead tone is really sweet, imho.

And you cannot believe how rewarding it is for me to see you saying that you have fun playing with it. Thanks again for that.

This Kitty Hawk Junior combo amp has been my very first amp. I bought it back in 1984 or so, where I traded in my Korg Polysix for this amp and a Fender Stratocaster.

There are six profiles in total, covering both the Overdrive ("*Ovr*" profiles) and the Normal ("*Nrm*" profiles) input and a Vintage 30 and a Creamback speaker in my Mesa Rectifier 4x12. The cab got miced with an SM57 at the edge of the speaker cap which then went into a BAE 1073 MP preamp.

Two settings of the (preamp) volume knob have been profiled (Ovr7 and Ovr10), because the amp's tone changes quite a bit when you turn down the preamp volume. It not only gets cleaner, it also gets brighter. All tone controls where at 10 and the Bright and Ultra High switches were both off, because they produce some ugly sounding highs. The Fat switch has been on.

The profiles can be found on the Rig Exchange:

• Names of the Overdrive profiles: "RiF-KittyJr Ovr7 V30" (my favorite of the pack), "RiF-KittyJr Ovr10 V30", "RiF-KittyJr Ovr7 CrBk", "RiF-KittyJr Ovr10 CrBk"
    • Names of the Normal profiles: "RiF-KittyJr Nrm10 V30" (my 2nd favority), RiF-KittyJr Nrm10 CrBk"
    • EDIT: The profiles with "G65" in the name are mic'd from the combo's built-in Celestion G12-65 speaker
    • Author: "RiF"

All FX blocks are fillled with things that I find useful. Noise Gate, Tube Screamer, Bigmuff and EQ in the stomp section. EQ, subtle Chorus, Delay and Reverb in the FX section.

If you want the amp to sound even more "vintage", try turning down the Definition knob in the Amp-section a bit. I kept everything untouched to keep the original character of the amp.

Please let me know what you think about these profiles.

Here are some sample clips. Unless it says "Les Paul" in the name, all clips where recorded with a Fender Standard Stratocaster with the neck-pickup and sometimes switched to the bridge pickup (all stock). My Les Paul Standard has a Duncan JB in the bridge position.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And some photos of the gear used:

Locrain, I have definitely put the BK Supermassive on my shopping list! Not sure about going baritone, because I am used to shorter scales for decades and already feel uncomfortable on anything longer than a standard Strat scale.

And I agree that lower lower tunings can benefit from lower output pickups. My Schecter Omen-8 8-string came with some very low output passives and I have replaced the bridge pickup with an EMG 808. When I compare recordings, I actually prefer the stock passive over the EMG. The EMG sounds very thin (less mids) and sterile. The guitar also is basswood (which I don't like too much, preferring a big heavy chunk of mahogany), which doesn't help getting a beefy and organic tone, imo.

And I have added some photos of the gear used in the profile to the first post.

I thought this was great man, one of the better free profiles I've played through lately. I thought it was very good for it's intended purpose, I really like how you didn't go crazy with the gain like I expected (not that it's low gain, haha). Quick clip off a riff/song I'm trying to learn, double-tracked, no post-processing. No adjustments to the profile at all. PRS SE277 27.7" scale with Bare Knuckle P90s.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That sounds awesome ! Thanks for the kind words. It has really been a great moment for me to listen to your clip with my profile.

The double tracking is very tightly played and I dig that riff. Is it an original composition or are you covering something?

And those P90's have some great clarity. I would never have looked into those pickups for this kind of tone, but your clips makes me want to get some.

I know. The best thing would be to profile the EQ section, but the interaction between the different bands could make that difficult, especially how to make that process accessible to the profiling user.

But until the folks at Kemper come up with a smart idea, I would appreciate anything better than the static non-parametric EQ that we have now. Even if it made the Profiler a Modeller in this regard.

The whole stomp and FX section is modelled already, btw.

I have profiled my own Dual Rectifier's Channel 3 (red) in Modern mode with an SM57 into a BAE 1073 MP preamp. In front has been a Maxon OD808 clone pedal in the "standard setting" of 0 drive, 5 tone, 10 level. The cabinet is my mid-1990's Rectifier 4x12 with british V30's. The mic has been right up the grille pointing at about the cap edge of the speaker. I have tried many different positions and this one I liked best.

My aim has been to have a profile that provides the common Metalcore / Death Metal tone of the last decade or so.

This profile is "calibrated" for EMG pickups, so the default gain might have to be adjusted to taste or for pickups with a different output. For me it works great on down-tuned guitars and keeps enough clarity even at insane gain settings. Even down to the lowest string on my 8-string (standard F#).

What I want to know from you folks is how this profile works for you in a noodling and in a mix / band scenario with just a little adjustments of the post-amp EQ block. Everything within +/- 1 dB of adjustment is fine for me, while everything more than that should lead to making a new profile.

The profile can be found on the Rig Exchange:

• Name: "RiF-DR CH3 Mod OD 2" (SM57 straight at capedge) and "RiF-DR CH3 Mod OD 1 57x" (offaxis SM57, slightly darker tone)
    • Author: "RiF"

Some info about the profile:

• Stomp-block 1 has a 4:1 noise gate for "da djent" :-). Adjust to taste or switch off.
    • Stomp-block 4 has a Pure Booster with a ca. 2 dB clean gain boost.
    • FX-block 1 has a Studio EQ to make the profile "mix ready". A pretty low (ca 40 Hz) high pass and a ca. 11KHz low pass. And it has a little dip at around 4000K to tame that "SM57-fizz".
    • FX-block 2 has a flanger at a lower mix setting (Machine Head anybody?)
    • FX-Block 3 has a ping-pong delay with a filter that cuts highs from the echoes
    • FX-Block 4 has a large room reverb, pretty short time, low predelay and reduced bandwith to keep it subtle

I appreciate any feedback (positive or negative) from you guys!

EDIT:

I have uploaded a sound demo on Soundcloud:

Here are some images of the gear used.

The faceplate of the OD808 clone has been customized to my personal specs (color, writings, logo).

Try the free Lars Lüttge pack in return g manager.

Check out the factory rigs, there are some gems. Some rigs come to live when you change the cab.

Look for fre sinmix and deadlightstudios rigs in rm.

+1 for the Lars Luettge Pack! Check out the Marshall profiles ("Mars Silvie Jubi*" and "Mars SL 100*") from that pack and I am sure you will get what you want with just a little tweaking.

whats the value of rig packs?

Check out this link which lists all the free Rig Packs available for download:
    https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/10/Rig-Packs

Just run Rig Manager, while a USB cord is going from your computer to the KPA's back USB-port and drag the files into the Rig Manager software. Then double-click the profile and it will be loaded into the KPA. To keep it there, save it using the usual process on the unit.

The only way to adjust the input sensitivity is by using the CLEAN SENS knob in the INPUT section. After reading the manual about what this control is supposed to do, I have no idea how it could affect the input gain of a distorted sound, but it is how it is.

What pickups are you using? My highest output guitars are equipped with active EMG 81 and EMG 808's and if I lower the CLEAN SENS to -5 dB, the input LED stays green. Well there might be a very tiny amount of yellow in there, but you have to look very carefully.