Posts by rustolium

Thanks for the input. I'll update so hopefully this helps others.

I had not updated a Powered Rack I have as well. When the update process finished the output LED didn't work at all. So now, I have a Head with Red output and a Rack with no output. So, I powered them off and back on and now they both have proper blue LEDs. They were both updated via Rig Manager and that includes a reboot.

There seems to be a lot of little issues using RM. It can get frustrating. I'll leave it at that. I do love the features though.

If you use the "signal LEDS Blue" option on System menu page 3 know that your output LED will be red. The input LED is Blue, but the output LED is red. Simple code mistake, but caused me a bit of rustling around. My ear said all was ok, but I still had to track it down.

I searched, but didn't see anything. Hope this helps.

Power Head version: 7.2.2.16146

Not knowing when or what will really be in 4.0 my list is:

- needs more delay, verbs, other random fun things
    - flexible placement of any effect pre or post amp
    - would love to blend two paths (different amps)
    - REMOTE needs to be able to send more midi data so integration to more external things can happen
    - Expression control needs to be more flexible from the REMOTE. It's nuts you can't assign control to any parameter. (IE: wet mix)

Love the Kemper, always excited to see it improve.

rustolium, How inter-active is the Mastermind with the Kemper. how close to the remote does it work and what kind of connection is neccessary

Its is different. It is really cool with two way communication set up as you can setup IA switches and it displays what effect is there. I have no issues with responsiveness. The MMGT allows you to access stuff you can't with the REMOTE. You can setup control for either browse or performance mode easily.

The he connections I use are the phantom power box that enables two way midi from RJM. I split from there to send midi to other devices so the first in/out midis the MMGT sees is the Kemper.

If money really isn't the issue, then get both. The remote is great and makes for a quick small and powerful package. However, the RJM is an absolute monster and the choice if you want a lot of control. The editing (computer or on unit) of the MMGT is quite easy and ultimately you can flash it for different rigs with a USB stick if needed. I've actually got the MMGT controlling several rigs for studio work at the same time.

I can grab either setup depending on the need.

If you can only get one then follow this:

- You are a control freak or just need it = RJM
    - You don't need control of everything or just don't want to mess with it = REMOTE

I like the remote, but I keep running into little things that you cannot do with it that I can easily do with the RJM. I do however, love the ease of use around core functionality of the REMOTE. In the end I use both for different situations.