Posts by skyhighrocks

When you say "the unit" do you mean the KPA? And, what about the scarlett's output level?

Have you tried to definitely lower the KPA's out(s) to be able to raise the scarlett's sensitivity?

Last (stupid) question: are the cables the same you use with the Digitech?

By unit, I meant the scarlett. Yes, I'm using all the same cables.

It would be VERY appreciated if someone could explain how I can reamp some guitar tracks using the KPA, reaper and my interface, which is a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6. I've never done it, so use the reamping for dummies book please! :P

I understand to use the direct out from the KPA to get my dry track...no problem.

I thought I could use the spdif in/out back and forth between the scarlett and KPA but I have no clue how to set this all up within reaper and scarlett mixcontrol to work correctly...

I've done some thread searches here and tried a few things but still a little confused. The only sound back I got was some loop feedback.

Scarlett controls are where I always have them set for any playing or recording I do. When I plug my digitech board into it, I have a ton of headroom with volume, so much that it can get too loud. The KPA's master can go all the way up but the volume doesn't even come close to matching the Digitech. Very tame....if I turn up the input sensitivity on the scarlett a little, the scarlett clips. Right now, the input knobs on the front of the unit are all the way down. If I bring them up to say, 9 oclock, it begins to clip.

Im wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong here. When playing the KPA through my Marshall half stack with the 4CM, the tone is awesome....excellent. Volumes are good, etc.

When I play through my focusrite Scarlett interface/MAudio monitors, I can't seem to get the KPA very loud at all. I've tried the master volume, amp volume, etc. but the sound is very low. I'm running two 1/4" cables out of the KPA directly into the Scarlett. I can't pump the input volumes up much or it'll clip the Scarlett.

Whenever I've run other "modellers" in this setup, volum has never been an issue.

Sounds killer!!!!!! More info on the profile and gear used please :)

I can't remember the name of the profile. I just got the KPA 2 days ago and have been flying through the presets and some downloads. I came across this one and recorded it really quickly into a Focusrite scarlett 18i6 interface into my laptop running Reaper. That was basically it. The guitar used is my mutt strat with dimarzio pickups.

problem is that when i change channels on my amp with stack off, there's no change in the amp. The kpa is still controlling the preamp it seems

that's what I thought but that doesn't seem to work correctly. My amp is on a high gain setting and when turning off stack, it's very light and clean sounding...

New KPA user here!

Is there a tutorial anywhere online to show exactly how to set up and store a new rig? I used the store function but ended up overwriting a preset. Are we able to place rigs anywhere we want in the KPA?