Posts by kc120

Cheers for the kind comments chaps...no really, you didn't have to ! haha
    I recorded this little improv on an iphone as a friend of mine asked me to show him some of the settings/rigs I use when gigging with my band and upload it to youtube for him to see. There was nothing planned, as you can tell, just pretty much noodling around.
    Didn't realise it would appear up here on the Kemper Mothership, apologies if it has offended anyone's hearing.
    Mark

I've used a Boss GT100 in the 4 cable method, mainly for the ability to use the on board 30 second looper and I'm also quite partial to the Boss Mods/Delays. Always have the Onboard Expression Pedal set as a Volume Pedal Pre Effects. This sounded ace however... I now use the Kemper in Performance Mode Live, absolutely love it and the FX are gorgeous. Use a Roland FC300 Midi Controller to change rigs, turn on/off mods/delays, control Volume and Wah ( how cool is the wah feature where when you stop moving pedal it seamlessly goes off !) I do use an Electro Harmonix Synth Ego and a Ditto Looper within the KPA FX Loop allocated to the X slot...now if CK and the team could only get something like this to us in a future update......
    Mark

Guys, been avidly waiting for an update since I reported a problem with losing Volume at a gig and noticed the update 2.1.1 since 27th Sept is exactly the same file as the old one. I know this has been reported earlier but the links gone cold, any news on when the correct file will be avaialable for download ?
    I have a number of important gigs coming up and want to make sure the earlier problem I reported has been resolved.
    Keep up the good work,
    Mark

Simples,
    1. To be able to profile the Normal Channel of my beloved 1964 Vox AC30 Top Boost with Blue Celestion speakers enable and FX Loop for a Looper/Synth Ego pedal, add Tube Screamer, FX ie Mod/Delay etc and be able to gig this round the pubs & clubs I am presently playing without breaking my back, setting fire to the place at an adequate volume.
    2. To be able to play with profiles of amps I would never own or have the chance of playing through in my lifetime unless a giddy Aunt left me millions in a will.
    3. To be able to create never before heard tones and experiment.

I have owned and pretty much used every single piece of cool guitar tech over the years and as an employee of Roland UK, can most certainly confirm that the Kemper Profiling Amp is a game changer.
    Enjoy,
    Mark

Wow, cheers Marco. I'll give it a try when I get home.
    Many thanks
    Mark

Guys, im using a Ditto Looper via the FX Loop in the X Slot however, the Delay and Reverb is after this which causes issues when changing rigs after the loop has been created. Is this something that will be addressed in the future or has anyone come up with a workaround to placing the Looper as the last FX in the chain ?
    Cheers,
    Mark

Ok so it looks like this is getting looked into, good.
    I can confirm that I have a Boss FS6 pedal plugged via a stereo lead into Pedal 1 and it is assigned to Rig Up/Down. I have changed the pedal 2 assign to "OFF", initially it was assigned to the default, cant remember what it was.
    Can I also confirm that initially when playing, my volume dropped to about half, a reboot cured this. Within 15 minutes, the volume cut out completely and a reboot did not cure it, luckily it was during our last song.
    CK has mentioned reverting back to 2.01 for anyone gigging in a Live situation, how do I do this ?
    Cheers guys
    ps. Other than the pops & clicks on a previous FW, the KPA has been fine and ive been gigging with it several times a week over the last 9 months
    Mark

Guys, this happened to me whilst I was in the middle of a gig, I wasn't scrolling through rigs or anything and the volume just cut out. Not good at all. I'm in a pro covers band and can't afford gear going down halfway through gigs. So I take it, it could still happen if I roll back to a previous FW ?
    ps. Plugged into KPA this morning for a few hours and everything seemed to be ok with 2.1.1. Frustrating !

This little bug as been a problem for a while. I know the CK has acknowledged it in lots of previous threads. I've had this happen a few times. Hopefully it will be sorted soon

This little bug as been a problem for a while. I know the CK has acknowledged it in lots of previous threads. I've had this happen a few times. Hopefully it will be sorted soon

Is the bug in 2.1.1 ?

Peeps, I updated to 2.1.1 earlier today before gigging tonight. All was well until half way through the second spot when I experienced a massive drop in volume just as we finished a song. I rebooted the Kemper, everything seemed ok until our final song when the volume totally disappeared, I am going out of the mains to pa and an onstage monitor via KPA monitor output, both had no volume from the KPA, I rebooted but still no volume. This is the first time I have ever experienced an issue with my KPA since I bought it in January earlier this year so wondering if it is a bug with firmware 2.1.1. I've just got back home from gig so haven't had a chance to roll back Firmware etc, will let you know tomorrow when I do.
    Mark

All I know is that during the discussion of how the upcoming footcontroller should be it became very clear that it won't have pedals built in.

Hi Ingolf,
    How would you control the KPA if there are no pedals built in ? I was under the impression a Kemper specific Foot Controller would have pedals for you to use to scroll through rigs ( a la Boss FS6) turn on/off stomps, delays etc.
    Thanks for the reply,
    Mark

I know its been mentioned that the KPA Foot Controller may have a Looper onboard but has this been confirmed ? I would love the Foot Controller to have Expression Pedals , similar to the Roland FC300 for control of volume/wah. Also, ive been using an Electro Harmonix Synth Ego pedal recently for Note Hold/Freeze and would love to know is this something that could be utilised on the KPA.

Love seeing where this product is going in the future, very inspiring.

Mark