Posts by shred11

This....1000000%.

I like leaving the commercial profiles I've bought "intact", while taking some liberties to tweak them to a given song or situation.

This is a constant issue that seems could be easily fixed with the commonplace "Save As" option..... you suggest.

The current firmware allows for "Transmitting MIDI Commands to Two External Devices in Performance Mode". Please add the ability to send MIDI data to all 16 channels (16 devices) on a patch change in performance mode. This would really enhance the power of the product. At least bump it from the current 2 device limit to 4 for those of us with a few more MIDI-controllable FX we'd like to incorporate in our Rigs/Performances.

Oh. My. God.

I have been waiting years to see this come to fruition....and the results are everything I would have hoped for. I was lost in the tone of my KPA for HOURS with this new setting. Kemper - THANK YOU!

Can't wait to hear the rest of the reverb selection when the full release is ready. I've been a big fan/user of the Big Sky for long time because the reverb in the KPA just wasn't to my liking. Looks like I may be able to get another pedal off the ground soon!

First of all, thanks for the responses. To clarify, it is nonharmonic noise in the HF range on every other note. It exists both when the note is played and in the tail (as the note decays). It may be easier to hear in the decay. To illustrate it, here's a screenshot from a spectragram:

http://postimg.org/image/5yt8nboox/

You can visibly see the HF content above 3k is very different in the alternating notes (brighter shades of blue highlight this). That is the noise of which I speak. If you zoom in and look closely, you will see that noise is broadband and appears even lower in the frequency spectrum.

The noise is not a vibration from the guitar. These are not two different strikings of the same musical note....rather, it is the same note sampled from two outputs of the KPA simultaneously, and looped 4x so you can hear the difference several times. If it were a prominent vibration from the guitar itself, it should be audible/observable from both outputs.

I sent a note to support on this matter over the weekend, but was curious to see if any users might have a suggestion for me.

I am experiencing a consistent, repeatable noise with my KPA in all my profiles (both that I've created or purchased or were provided by Kemper in their factory settings) using the XLR outs. The below files illustrate the problem. The file is just the same single note hit, but alternating the sound from the Kemper as a DI (Monitor Out - Git Studio) and going through the Kemper but with the simplest / cleanest path possible (using KPA Main L XLR output with "Master L" setting and with Stomp-Stack-Effects ALL bypassed). The noise is clearly audible in the alternating note (again, the file is just looping the same single note sampled from Monitor Out- Git Studio, Main XLR L - Master L, Monitor Out- Git Studio, Main XLR L - Master L, Monitor Out- Git Studio, Main XLR L - Master L, Monitor Out- Git Studio, Main XLR L - Master L, etc ).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73ib4055pb4g0sc/KPA Noise.mp3?dl=0
    https://soundcloud.com/kevinbenoit/kpa-noise/s-ABlhp

Turning on the stack section of the profile only exaggerates this noise (often brighter with more gain, etc).

I have 2 KPAs, one using firmware 3.2.0.11524 (which was used to make the audio file samples), and another using firmware 3.3.0.11973 (latest). Both have the same issue. No difference with changing the XLR cables, so it is not a cabling issue. I also did a system reset which did nothing to change the results. Any thoughts/suggestions on how to eliminate the noise?

I see there is a new Beta floating around, and didn't see any changes to the handling of MIDI PC changes so I wanted to circle back to this thread and push this idea again. For those of us with multiple MIDI devices, the ability to send PC messages on more than 2 MIDI channels (the current limit) would be a huge functional improvement.

Here's my situation/question. I have a rig setup with a boost pedal in the X slot (after the amp....just to lift the entire sound a bit for solos) followed by an FX Loop in the Mod slot. I have an actual looper (TC Electronics Ditto) in the loop there. My plan was to play a series of loops into the looper pedal and then kick on the Boost in the X slot to be able to play some leads on top ands have them be heard loud and clear. For some reason, when I kick on the Boost pedal, it affects the volume of the pre-recorded loops! In other words, the return from the FX Loop is being boosted as if the X slot followed the Mod slot.

I've tried to find an answer about the signal flow in the documentation and can't find anything that indicates why this would be happening. Does the KPA always see the FX Loop in a certain part of the signal chain by default (regardless of where it actually appears in my sequence of stomps)? Glitch? User error?

Fair point about studio vs live, but keep in mind that most live sound guys use DI for bass anyway...if you can find an "acceptable" monitoring situation for yourself with the KPA on the stage, you'll at least be able to send a 'mic'd bass amp' feed to the sound guy for the FOH mix....which in my experience is very rare, but usually damn good sounding! Food for thought at least....

I love wah....but always hated the tone suck of my wah pedals (standard crybaby stuff...never tried any of the boutique wah pedals that were supposed to compensate for the problem). I actually use a wah more frequently now that I can do it via the KPA with a MIDI foot-controller...zero impact on tone when not engaged...absolutely great wah FX.

Best advice I can give you is to sell the wah, buy the mission pedal or something ASAP (honestly, even the FCB1010 pedals are fine with me even if the "feel" is different than my old wah...and then you'd have a pedal board) and never look back. You're 'bypassed' tone will thank you (shorter cable run with no pedal in front, no tone suck...ever, complete flexibility between wah sounds).

They are both great! Andy did a good job of covering 'similar' ground without making the packs redundant (I guess this is a testament to the fact that there's a lot of ground to cover with a 'vintage fender' theme!).

Of the two bassmans, I probably like the one in the fender toolkit a little better - it seems creamier in the breakup which I like. The Tweed Pro has some of the best cleans I've ever found and the VibroVerb is breathtakingly good as well. The Super in that pack is good, but not my go-to. Regarding the FenTastic pack, old Princetons are some of my favorite amps period and the Princeton in the FenTastic pack is truly amazing! Clean to Crunch it does what a good vintage princeton should. The Twin is great and, true to life, takes pedals/FX very well. People love the Deluxe sound, but I've always gravitated towards others in the fender line up for some reason. This one is really, really nice though. Oh, and the profiles with the Big Muff are insanely good. The "Muffin" distortion in the KPA is good, but it lacks the wow factor for me. This is not a mark against the KPA...there's so much variability in the old Big Muffs, there are many actual vintage muff pedals that have failed to give the "wow" I'm looking for. The one Andy profiled with these amps is IT!

You could get either one, and be very happy, or get both like me and be over the moon!

The Princeton profiles and every amp profiled with the Big Muff are stunning. I liked the cleans on most of the profiles quite a bit as well. Need to hear the others more in context, but either way, there's a lot of good stuff in here!