Posts by JuLai

So did you have 3.0.2 FW version and not the latest Beta releases (3.1.0, 3.1.1 are known to have some problem with Midi+browser mode)?I use browse mode exclusively with a 3rd party midi controller and it works just fine.

correct rigs shows on the screen,......but the tone doesn't change

Do you mean the desired rig is shown in the Kemper screen in main view, but tone doesn't match it? Or rig is shown somewhere else (in some kpa menu view, controller screen etc.)?

Which controller are you using btw.?

Thanks! These work well for both humbuckers & singlecoils as played these with my strat and les paul.
    Instant Fillmore East vibes for sure "...I feel like I've been tied to the whipping post." :thumbup:
    That Cerwin Vega ER123 speaker seems to have quite distinctive character of its own. Hard to imagine that any Celestion would sound the same.

I'm not a amp tech, but I know two guys that got somewhat similar sounding sub-octave or ring modular kinda sound in their Mesas after the amps got warmed up a little. As I recall the problems were somewhere in the filtering side; the mains AC leaked (or affected somehow) to signal AC. Gladly those weren't that expensive to get fixed.

Please Note. These Profiles were created with Humbuckers so therefore sound most authentic using humbuckers, but should still sound good with single coils. With some guitars you may have to use an EQ block to very slightly adjust your guitar pick-up tone for best authenticity. You can then lock that EQ block so every profile should sound as intended

What is the reference humbucker is used for tonematching (manufacturer & model)? I would assume the outcome is rather different for end user using e.g. vintage PAF style vs. modern high output humbucker equipped guitar.

The new packs did it again, no matter how much time have reserved for smoketesting..end up running it out in the middle of pack after getting constantly caught playing the profiles longer times. The funfactor is Huge. :thumbup:

Actually first time I found the champs appeal to me big time. Also the Deluxe is sweat. Other favorites among Vintage are Marshall, Vox and then the Convertible which came as a surprise as I didn't know it before. From Moderns personal favs are Helios, Dirty Shirley (lo ones) and Quidley. Although the Suhr Hedgehog was nice, it had somewhat different kind of OD character than I expected. Based on the demos I was expecting this somewhat fuzzed up kind of character in the tone (like in this demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDnqcpKCx-0), but didn't hear such from the profiles even they were really gained up. Wonder is it me, the profiled amp or settings or is it perhaps Kemper (some limitation in it)?

I'm also always seeking some nice pedal platform profiles (on-the-edge type) for some external fuzz boxes and treble boosters and the Selmer and Marshall are defo going to get some more attention in this area as they seem rather promising.

10000+ for this one! It is Tape Delay simulation with multihead functionality what would be needed. Only reason why I need to use still outboard gear with KPA, no Tape Delay.

What does the usual "Hank Marvin Delay" look like (times, repetitions)? Why do you guys think that it isn't possible with the stereo Delay on the KPA, as it is already a kind of dual delay?

The thing is that KPA's delays are parallel, not in series like they would be with multiheaded tape delay. The effect is drastically different.

Michael, Ive been a long time customer who really loves your profiles. Unfortunately since your new stuff requires 3.0 I wont be purchasing anymore. To bad there isnt an alternative for those of use that dont wish to upgrade (although I do understand how this could complicate yout life). However I do wish you continued success with your wonderful stuff!

Intresting. How does someone not want to upgrade to 3 and get the new features & fixes now and beoyond?

Too bad that i'm on holiday trip until tomorrow, bummer. Well, maybe next time. Fortunately there's some fab things comin' in KPA land..

I haven't been able to catch the tone in this Brad's Wreck demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxqXyWbwUHk

I know 'fingers' & 'guitar' contribution (I have a Klein Nocaster bridge pickup, 8.3k, in my tele), but couldn't quite get the attacks authority nor the overall EQ quite there.

Anyone else able to get there or have some specific profile suggestions?

Exited to get try with the DI's if some other cab profile would do the trick. :thumbup:

This is KPA's first-world kinda 'problem'. IMO there's no shortcut, but just take the plunge and go through profiles from several vendors. Then you will learn what kinda profiles work for you and maybe find some favourite profile vendors whose "signature" appeals to you. Godd news is that this profile evaluation process gets faster as the knowledge increases.