Posts by JuLai

I just tested the new ones in RE and agree the different was rather big, these newer ones now had that "MB Profiled" quality & trademark to them. The biggest difference seemed to be in the cabinet side as those older ones came alive with the cabinet in the newer version. I recall there were some issues that pressing "merge" changed the tone in those earlier beta releases. Anyhoo, great work! I would offer these to Kemper team as replacement for the ones currently available through the Merged Rigs Pack (February 2015).

Then to the wishlist ;) Bad Cat amps!! Would love to get especially the Lynx model (high gain, EL34, cathode biased) profiles from MB. :thumbup: I think they sound unique among the existing MB offerings.
    Also some 6550 and KT66/77/88 power tube equipped amps would add value and versatility even further.

I just made a preset & an entire Setlist (to save you time) plus an overview video. Basically, I am able to turn all Stomps & FX on/off & also have access to MIDI locations 1-64 on the Kemper (which is more than I need!). Also, I can either plug a guitar directly into the Kemper or go through the HD500 & control/power my Variax plus plug in another 2 instruments (I then send a direct signal from the HD500 to the Kemper) - and I have Volume & Expreesion pedal control. (Oh, also no mismatched LEDs for stomps/fx)

I have rather similar setup, in addition I have set the HD500 Looper switch as KPA TUNER on/off for all presets and Tap controlling KPA's TAP, naturally ;)

I have set the Volume pedal range alternating between rhythm/solo levels as 0..max was too drastic and difficult to adjust just slightly.

HD500 expression pedal's Toe switch controls different things for different profiles. Many times it just turn wah on/off, but in sometimes it may on/off other effects like Vibe, volume boost or tremolo.

I've used Genelec 8020's and nowadays have Mackie HR824 8" speakers that I like very much. They represent the outcome honestly and go well together with Sennheiser HD600 headphones. But studiomonitors can't give the oomph required to get the authority and feel of power required for the widest grin. Therefore I have pair of CLRs..

The newer bunch sounds again better and better. And the 'clean 3' is rather awesome actually. With upping the definition, fine tuning the other amp parameters and raising the volume still couple dB this thing comes alive and compares to other gems out there. For some reason I don't like cleans with zero gain, those seem somehow lifeless to me, but around 2.0 gives some character and those sweet upper harmonics. Those dirty ones were already little too crisp & defined for me, if you centered the mic (relative to speaker cone) went slightly too center already. Fine tuning those same amp parameters eased the high end and gave the mid's some more weight after which they sounded good. Liked the shift boost profiles most, and the least gainy one most of those, as they had little bit more of that 'mid thing' and were acting nicer under for the tweaks. Thanks again!!

Just finished a test drove with a 20 or so profiles from RE. Cleans were very low level and the driven ones already a bit too hot (in comparison to e.g. commercial ones).

Also many times I find the RE profiles too bright for my tastes & my gear, but these were rather opposite i.e. all on the dark side (EQ wise that is, no star wars here ;). I could imagine there is a fine sounding machine somewhere there behind the scenes, but these profiles don't yet showcase it fully.

May I ask how was the mic positioned and was the 906 set in the flat setting? Asking as my first thought is that the perception has to do with mic placement. Anyway, good work so far!! :thumbup:

Help me identify this killer sounding BadCat (2 inputs, 10 knobs, switch, 30w maybe..).

Anyone able to tell the exact model in these videos?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That's a fine list there indeed for cleans. I would recommend to check still this one factory profile 'London Trem Grit - R44' i.e. 65Amps London amp profile which is discussed here: http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…ed-65-amps-london-tremd/?

There are some nice tweak recommendation that could work well for the desired outcome. So put up some mild boost+comp+drive stomps before the profile (with ducking if desired) and tweak the amp compression as well. Also the Chieftain could be worth of try, I use these both (and also most you already listed above). :)

Had some forced break from profile testing activities, but got back to these yesterday while trying out FW3.0 beta.

I'm digging the 4x12 Scumback profiles VERY much for the cleaner stuff, makes a big difference warming up the low end and giving some juiciness in the middle freqs, just like someone else commented in some other HAWP thread. Going to crank these tomorrow and compare some more, but seems great.

It would be probably useful from efficiency point of view to get some merged profiles from all of the cabinets to be able to mix and match the cabinets between different HAWP amps.

New FW3.0 cabinet separation seems rather nice as I was trying out those Kemper's Merged Rig Pack and Till's free cabinets with some HAWP DI (BE100) profiles.

From all my experience with KPA, I've come to prefer the Ribbon+Dynamic what comes to cabinet mic'ing. Condencer is no means bad, but just has radically different character and nature to it; much more immediate, accurate and in your faze tone and break-up which suites in some places better, but less often with guitar applications for me. Too bad that there isn't any ribbon available to try out within these HAWP sessions, but for sure there will some great cabinet impulses available in some point now that such make sense with FW3.0. Fun times ahead!! :thumbup:

@JuLai - Yeah the first release was in a new format, so it did not trasnlate too well with the older FW. - the new, however works much better and you gt the clarity back some what.. - the first release yes. it will work eventually with upcoming Firmwares!.. so Hey you get 2 releases from me ha! :)

Yesterday after installing FW3.0 Beta I tested the new features and came back to some different profiles known to made with the new file format and that were having issues with the old FW version which I was running back then -- Custom Shop AC30 pack being among of those.

I was expecting that with new FW3.0 both releases would sound identical, but they were far from it. Differences in both Gain and overall EQ for the same profiles.Sounds like captured in a different session or something. Can this be so?

Had only very fast trial with headphones, but based on the initial impressions was liking the newer file format versions more. Somehow more balanced...