Posts by JuLai

The Rig that originally convinced me to try a Profiler is now a Factory Profile, too. If you are a Marshall fan, it has a name like "Mars Golub Crunch".

Just a small side note, did you know that particular 'classic' profile is from the guy who is making most of the Mad Professor pedal demos. 8)

You can see that actual amp in action for example in here:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If so, then I'd submit an on-and-off switchable Fletcher-Munson curve adjustment on the top of my future feature wish list.

Isn't this parameter pretty much about that:

"

KEMPER Kone Mode

 Sweetening

The full-range mode of the KEMPER Kone is extremely linear — for some of us, it might even be too linear. The high-quality monitors/PA speakers used with digital guitar amps will often emphasize the low and high frequencies —
    this makes the sound more appealing and allows for an increase in volume level without causing ear fatigue. The "Sweetening” parameter allows continuous control over the level of this emphasis. At full left position, there is no emphasis at all. At full right, the low and high frequencies will be emphasized by 6 dB, while the overall volume stays roughly the same.

"

Any idea what the logic is behind that market valuation?

From what I heard, the slant cab was just cosmetic because back in the day Mr. Marshall wanted the head to look like it fit nicely on the cabinet. Does it actually affect the tone?

According to atleast Pete Thorn it sure does. That’ why he mics his slanted upside down (mic the speaker on bottom, but without floor reflection).

Just got to test drive the powered speaker with some imprints and proper dBs

Vintage -> modern:

- 68, 69 and 72

- jcm800s

- Freidman 50s

Then there's one old go-to MB profile named "Blackface Dirt". I don't know where it is from (probably some one off I guess), but it just WORKS, no matter what!

=> 8):thumbup:

I don't see difference (besides Pwr Amp Boost required some UI space).

Other than that looks similar to me like it was before:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Poe+ equals with 802.3at.

Kemper concerns seems to be the pins the injector uses which is 802.3at-2009 mode A.” / ”current on wires, which the Remote cannot deal with” meaning power being injected onto the Ethernet cable on pins 1,2,3, and 6. For that one Cudy seems good to go (based on listed specs on reseller sites, might be the HQ official statements can’t rely on those so..).

So what could that "Init Global Setting" thing be. :/ Could e.g. Burkhard comment that can there overall be some setting that is not visible for the user at all or is it always just matter locating the non-optimal parameter behind some menu view (input, output, system, noise gate...)?

I wondered same. And tried even asking if it could be to some conservative input gain/threshold setting.

Noticed CK mentioning they are intruducing the output boost for powered cab as well in some future OS.

That flat setting was my starting point. I was hearing some differences EQ wise and with transients/note attack. I even took some A/B clips, but while listening back I noticed the mic wasn't optimally located so the recording doesn't fully translate. Anyway need to take some additional takes with fresh ears still later on.

Got mine today, going to compare with a BAM powered one.

First I thought the cab is somehow broken because it felt rathet quiet with -20 output setting I’ve used with BAM. Might be because BAM has preamp also and rather different volume knob scaling.

Are there some design notes regarding the input sensitivity? Like input tolerates max monitor output level without clipping.