Posts by JuLai

Received and tried the new ones, now all profiles work OK using RM and no more peculiar effects (extreme loudness) for the two profiles I had earlier. Thanks Andy!

Seems that the sounds is different for all profiles also, the first ones seem somewhat 'blanket release' in comparison. Next question coming to mind is that should I keep the first patch for the time 2.8...3.0 firmware comes public... and will these patches sound equal with the 2.8 FW, but first one would have the improved amp-cab -separation support in place?

little OT: but there is a new TAF factory rig pack III with ten free profiles :)

Nice! :thumbup: Seem to have most of 'em already if these are from existing bundles.

The .zip is named as "The Amp Factory Rig Pack III (December 2015)" so these are coming quite a bit from the future. ;)

Just got these and about to put 'em through their paces. Minor details caught my eye from the bundle description; one of the amp is said to be "1974 50 watt 6550 Super Lead", but as I've understood the Marshall model goes as mentioned in the http://www.solodallas.com/the-vintage-marshall-guide/

• 1987 – Any Marshall Lead circuit (50w, non-MV)
    • 1959 – Any Marshall Super Lead circuit (100w, non-MV)

So the 1974 is actually 50 watt (1987) Lead, not Super Lead, right?

I may as well join the group giving kudos. Purchased the packs while back when they were released and usually when purchasing any commercial packs I just go through all the profiles quickly to get some overall taste, but didn't work with these as I got stuck all the time just jamming with those profiles. :thumbup: So the usual quick 10 minutes walk through came off as 4 hours quick test session. And now 95% of the profiles in KPA for live usage are from these two Britt packs, the rest are used from RM on need basis.

Btw. digging those P.T.'s tweaks on the profiles, they work also for my guitars very well.

So does the pack require the 'unofficial' 2.8 FW to work fully and not even the latest 2.7.4 is enough? I recall I have some 2.6.x at the moment..

And most important, is there any impact for sound for profiles seemingly working or will there be change also?

The demo ones convinced me to purchase the whole lot!

Run quickly through all of 'em with the headphones and two profiles seem to be having some issues. They sound somewhat unreal and are clipping the output with their enormous output levels (other 122 were consistent and sounded good). Tried to delete and re-import those two using RM, but didn't help..

The weird behaving ones are:

• VOX AClean SM57-3
    • VOX Stomp Cruiser-

Was going to pull the trigger, but the note in the bundle description (NOTE: This is a TOPBOOST model and result of this is brighter tones than normal.) made me wanna check the free demos and the samples first. Just now tried to download the demo profiles, but I'm getting network error when pushing the "Free Download" button in Checkout (yes, signed in).

EDIT. Now the glitch went away by itself and the checkout works OK again...

I think the Vox profiles will be more than £4.99 as there won't be just 6 of them more like around 150 is how it's looking like at the moment but of course that is subject to change as well lol, that said Andy has mentioned it will be much cheaper than some other packs.
    I have just play tested some he has changed today as they are better than the previous which is saying something, Andy is looking for a Friday release if all goes well, but don't hold him to it ;)

Do you know is there going to be demo track or samples also available same time with the release or sometime later?

Here's couple of JB inspired test tone clips more. On first one is Mats Nermarks awsome wan veelden profile, only slightly tweaked, and then some boosted Marshall 1959 plexi on the second; guitars used were Les Paul and Strat respectively (KPA on the left).

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here's the clip, far from a note-to-note, but tried to get to the proper neck area ballpark atleast. ;)

Tracked with a Gibson Les Paul standard and panned towards left..

As a fan of Bonamassa I checked that 'JoBona' profile while back from RM, but found it was not working that well for me. To my ears, it has has this somewhat fizzy/raw top end and is lacking some of that JB's trademark middle muscle that really make the Les Paul sing smoothly.

It was somewhat difficult to hear your tone on top of the full mix. Out of what I could hear from your sample your tweaked version sounded a bit better, but still could hear those characteristics mentioned above.

It would help identifying and commenting on the sound if you could for example pan your recorded track little bit on the other side and the rest of the mix on the other side in the stereo mix. Could you make such (re-)mix?

I could do later today some similar clip myself also using some other profile that I think captures (some of) this tone as well. Just for comparison and for the fun of chasing the tone. :thumbup:

Played this one with my roadworn tele last night (using headphones) and spent more time with it than I was going to at first which means :thumbup: work guys! Both original and ZAP's adjusted ones were cool, the latter maybe more an all-round rig. Went to my 'tele favourites' folder for sure.

I'm loving playing through my CLR and would love it even more if there would be possibility to get NEO version, but unfortunately not yet here in Europe. Some may think the 5kg weight difference is not much, but I feel the difference lifting those things on a head high PA pole night after night in some cramped stage.

How did you get the link so it is clickable? it doesn't work when I try it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

My guess is that you did nothing wrong, but the links seem to break in those spacemarks somehow. Could be your browser is adding/removing those when you're copy'pasting them from browser address bar (or from somewhere else). So when you are adding the Link and filling the URL field check that all spaces are replaced with '% 20' (no space between '%' and '20') which is HTML encoding for a space. Alternatively you can insert any URL link using the [ url ] link address [ /url ] notation manually also (remove additional spaces inside those [] ).

Btw. played the demo yesterday and it was great! will be getting rest of the profiles also. nice work!

But for now i will upload a profile from each amp this evening so you and others can test them out with your own setup

Did I miss this one out? Was there somewhere teasers for each amp available? I'd be most interested trying out the LazyJ with my own gear first..

I've noticed my earlier frequently used and actively updated pedalboard has received less and less attention since kemper arrived in the house. And now as my personal go-to profile collection has improved significantly within a year the external dirt boxes seem to become most unemployed of 'em all. This doesn't mean they don't work well with kemper - quite opposite - but in case I need a different amount of gain (or different gain structure or voicing) there usually is such amp profile that does the job even better or even with some similar pedal used in profiling.

The exception confirms the rule of course and sometimes is just pure fun to play with dirt pedals also and discover new sounds using them. One of my favorite dirt platform is Bogner Shiva profile - set clean or slightly on the edge. Then putting e.g. Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive (strat middle pickup, tone slightly off) or customized Lovepedal Englishman in front of it produce some unique sonic goodness. :thumbup:

Aside from OD boxes I'm seeing most advantage using external univibe, fuzz and delay. Out of these the external delay (Roland RE-20 or Strymon El Capistan) is only must have for me as I need to have one in some songs pre-effects that is not (yet) supported. In this case I put it in the mono loop as a first pedal and control it with midi. For fuzzes I'm using the Guitarsystems Sam's FuzzTool Jr custom hybrid (killer fuzz!! Replaced oxfuzz and mjm..), Skreddy Lunar Module, Fulltone Catalyst and Fulltone Octafuzz. THE vibe for me at the moment is Fulltone MDV3 Deja Vibe.

Here's a pic of the recent pedalboard test setup. Some nice pedals in there on there own, but not that mandatory anymore with KPA.

One great thing (out of many) about kemper is that it seems to work well with outboard gear in front of it - just as the real profiled amps would do. And therefore a good starting point for a good 'pedal platform' profile is to use one from amp known for its pedal friendly capabilities. In addition to Shiva, I've found also couple others working well with pedals such as Fender Twin and Bogner Goldfinger. There was probably some other gems also, but don't have kemper in front of me just now. (edit. Of course need to mention the Marshall -- fuzz into one of these good older JMP or Plexi = :thumbup: