Posts by csscp

I just tried those settings on the original Amp Factory profile (which I fortunately own) and it sounds quite nice - much duller though than in csscp´s take (or the original)
    I tinkered with treble boost and amp eq a bit and quite happy with the end results!

I am glad that the settings worked for you!

I forgot to mention the amp EQ settings in my previous post. I keep the mid, treble, and presence knobs at around 10 am, 1 pm, 1 pm, respectively. My guitar is a little bit mid-driven, so you might not need to cut the mids as much as I do.

Here are the settings on the profile.

The chain starts with a compressor (intensity 7, attack 5, squash 2)
    Followed by the treble booster (tone 0.5, volume 0.5)
    Muffin (drive 0.8, tone -1.3, vol 0)
    Lead booster (all settings 0)
    Amp hiwatt dr103 (clarity 8.8, tube shape 7.5, tube bias 2.8) - Anderson's Hiwatt DR103 profile
    Cabinet (high shift 0.3)
    Eq (2.2 khz +2.0 db)
    Free delay (600 ms, 60% mix, 45% feedback, no modulation)
    Hall reverb (35% mix, time 5.3, damping 3, predelay 200 ms)

Hey folks,

Thanks for the appreciation. However, I can't upload the rig as it's a modified version of Anderson's Hiwatt DR 103 profile. But I could share the stompbox and EQ details once I got back home.

(I know this post doesn't belong to the this section, but it was a first post

:)

)

Greetings,

I am a new but enthusiastic KPA user. I know Gilmour's late tones are sought after and The Amp Factory profiles do a great job in nailing the basics of various Gilmour tones. I have heavily modified the Comfortably Numb Solo profile to somewhat nail the Pulse tone. The playing is not alright, I am well aware of that, but any feedback would be welcome!

https://soundcloud.com/taha-bilge/comf-numb-pulse-solo

You may ask what I modified in the original profile. First, I used the treble booster before Big Muff and a lead booster after Big Muff to shave the harshness of the Muff. I increased clarity in the amp section to not lose the Hiwatt dynamics. I did some eq'ing to tweak the ~ 2.0 khz midrange. The rest is delay and reverb.

Thanks!

p.s. I realized that this post belongs to the commercial profiles section. Sorry, but this is how first posts go

:)