Posts by dahla

Well, considering I'd have to pay close to 590€ for the remote, to get it home it's not just a viable option. Even if it's easy programming. To me, the floorboard is to switch rigs and turn stomps on/off...

Almost 600€ a lot of money for some on/off switches... :/

I Agree that the remote is too expensive. That is why I haven't bought one yet. €449 including import charges and additional fees on top of that is just not worth it IMO. Not when something else far cheaper works equally good. I would argue that Line 6 floorboards always have been well made, but never cost that much.

For all the money a remote cost me, I can buy a new (very decent) guitar instead. Or 5 quality stomps. Or something.

But I gotta say, glad I got my KPA in 2012. :)

I pick profiles that have the sound I am looking for. If I want a crunch sound, I look for a crunch sound. I don't bother messing with parameters on one profile only if I have bought a giant pack that contains everything soundwise that I need...

oh, I just know that the Axe have been lauded for it's effects. So if Strymon is percieved better (!), I was curious. I've never heard of them before. :)

So yeah, awesome were my words... I were just curious. Never meant to out words in your mouth. Sorry 'bout that.

I think you guys are blowing this rumor out of proportion...

Not even the Axe fx as Strymon quality effects imo.I believe effects will be upgraded (it's long due) but it won't be strymon like quality.

So, what's so awesome about Strymon?

I just want that sounds good, and is somewhat tweakable. Some of the KPA settings are somewhat unlogical. At least to me...

What rumours?! Did I miss something?

I should probably wait before buying the delay pedal I've being watching on ebay then? :)

I've not been totally satisfied with the FX in Kemper, and have mentally built a pedal board for the last few weeks.

Just wanted to give Choptones some love. Their profiles are simply awesome.

I've tried profiles from others, but these suited me straight out of the "box". They weren't too hot (it seems like all other profiles are way too hot for me at first), and the options were plenty. Big thumbs up already there.

I'm a recto guy at heart, and it seems to me that that amp is either captured to buzzy, or too gainy. So I went for their triple recto pack first. It was pure bliss. I instantly fell in love with profiles with the Royer 121. I was so happy, I just bought 3 other packs: the Mark V, Marshall 2266, and the Peavey 6505+. Can't wait to hear how they sound. My expectations are high now! :D

So if you are like me, definitely give them a chance. They might be just what you are searching for!

The sound to me is like a old broken light bulb when you shake it. I think I was getting it on one of Ola's profiles. I'm going to plug in and search for the affected profiles.

Excellent description. I had this issue with POD HD, but never with the Kemper! Weird...

I have a BW equipped guitar, and had a similar experience. It was only that guitar though. Those pickups are fairly bright pickups, with and inherently fuzzy overdrive to them. Make sure they are not close to the strings, back them off while checking the results and keep going until you hit that sweet spot.
    With a recto profile, it's a must to check the presence too. It can get very fizzy in an instant.

adding a studio eq to the mod slot, and lowering the high shelf with the band set at around 14k also works wonders. :)