Posts by dahla

Who here uses a hx stomp as a backup or secondary device to their kpa?

Be interested to hear your reviews for sound comparison. I know theres many videos and demos out there but feel most convey the (biased) message of the reviewers.

Recieved mine today, actually.

I’ll use it as a mobile thing to and from rehearsals and writing sessions. For live it will be a backup. (Hopefully gigging will be a reality ...)

so far I dig it!

AI is neutral. Like a gun. Its not the gun that pull the trigger and kill . AI is the future. Whether you like it or not. It can be used for many good things but also many bad things too.

oh come OOOON!! Skynet ain’t neutral. It tries to kill some people named Connor all the time...

off topic thread is off topic. ;)

I suspect that you know absolutely nothing about cars and the technology that goes into cars. Especially today. Why do you think they connect a new car through a cable to a computer to find possible errors? Because it’s all mechanical? Tell that to all the French cars that comes into the shop with technology and wiring problems ;)

But if you still think that the technology in a car is indifferent and a car just is a metal box on 4 wheels, then maybe a television will do the trick. I think we all can agree on, that the picture etc. gets better and better through technology and that 10 years in this field of technology is somewhat equivalent to a lifetime in other areas.

ah, yes. You buy a new car so that your mechanic gets a better diagnostic tool. Gotcha. ?

a TV is the same thing as the car analogy. When it’s made it’s made as a finished product. Done deal. An upgrade (!) from 4k to 8k is purely a hardware thing - «Software not included».

That’s not how the Kemper works. And I adore them for it. As long as the hardware can support their ever evolving software, you don’t need a hardware upgrade. The software is the upgrade as far as sound and «tone» in the Kemper. There is no «hardware» tone in the Kemper as far as input > [tone] > output. (ad/da discussions aside: I don’t wanna touch that nest of killer bees... ?)

Now, if you said you wanted a Kemper with four fx loops and a battery powered option, then that would require a hardware upgrade. And I’d agree with your sentiment. ?

All IMO of course. ?

Imagine you wanting to buy a brand new car. The one brand new car is 10 years old. The next one just reached the market. Which one would you prefer if money wasn’t an issue? You would probably want the new one like the rest of us. And why? Because it contains the newest technology

It’s not the same. I think your kinda missing my point. A car is a physical, mechanical thing. And it’s mostly about the hardware. Probably. (Upgrade your 10 year old car just to get Apple car play you say? Sure... 8o)

What makes the Kemper tick is the software. Not the hardware. And the software is not «old».

... and now it’s delayed again? :D

It is kind of funny that the only people playing these are social media «influencers», and yet it’s the hottest topic on multiple forums. That’s hype and marketing for ya, I guess.

Wake me up when its available. Until then, meh. It’s not better than anything. It’s not available, that’s what it’s best at right now. :D

Our new single is finally out!

Featuring Baard Kolstad (Leprous) on drums. Mixed by Einar K. Five and mastered by none other than Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound in Nashville.

I used a few different profiles on this one, but my main rythm and lead sounds are from two awesome vendors frequently posting on this site. I know we all dig Kemper here, but the value of this as a recording tool in all this social distancing stuff, it enables even us nobodies to make great sounding records from home, with headphones on, after the kids have gone to bed. I’m grateful!!

oh, and Kemper delay and reverb fx is heavily featured on this one. Sweet atmospheric pad sounds. 8)

I hope you enjoy Shadows!

https://orcd.co/rjbegjn

The range can be narrowed I think with the Q ADJ under the hood.

But yea, it's a different beast than most wakkawakka Whas.. Like a combination of wah and expression pedal and that's why they made the range so wide.

I just love the growling lows (low end harmonics).

yeah, the adjustments... ? Oh, man. I spent WAY to much time on that. I kind of miss the wah, though. But I always comes back to the Cantrell wah...

I haven't heard any mention that he's stopped, mate.

Did you try asking him? If you've still got the email conversation, ask him if he's still got the files. He may have lost them or simply been snowed-under by a flood of work and it slipped his mind. :/

You simply pass the audio through the wah. IOW, sound card out -> wah in -> wah out -> sound card in, recording the results at both the heel and toe positions.

I asked him once, I think. On this forum, too. Didn’t want to bug him too much. Figured he’s a busy man with a schedule. ? I can give it one more shot though.

Do Don still do this? I sent him files for the Hammett KH95 a few years back, and I didn’t hear back at all. ?

I briefly had an JP95, but the extra range that the tread (is that the word?!) had kind of threw me off. I couldn’t find the sweet spot as easy as with the Cantrell (or Hammett, for that matter... wakkawakka... ?)

And if you want to double check the DI level: The direct out can be used for «GTR Analog». From the manual: «The pure, clean instrument signal is sent to the DIRECT OUTPUT/SEND 1 by an analog splitter, no AD/DA conversion is taking place. The analog signal level is the same as on the instrument input. Useful for reamping or running a second amp in parallel».

For «GTR studio», clean sense have an impact. But for for «GTR Analog».

Yeah, it was. It was a little hassle to actually get the insurance claim paid out, but it’s solved now. Still, the insurance was just half the value of the Kemper.

So, bad luck or bad karma. Or both. :S