Posts by dahla

Unfortunately, no!

I sent my Kemper to HQ for a check-up but it disappeared in transit. Gone. Lost. Nowhere to be found. So I have no idea where it is, if anyone is enjoying it, or it is sitting in a box in hangar 51 next to the Ark or what... :(

I’ve had that feedback problem, even when reamping through spdif. The issue is the mixer on the Focusrite Scarlett. I bet you listen/monitor to the «wrong» channel.

When I had RME UCX I found out that I couldn’t pull up the channel fader for the Kemper input in totalmix. That was because I had the fader for the output also up, meaning the send. And one doesn’t adjust the level of send from the interface mixer. That is only for monitoring. If my memory serves me correct, that is. Check if your output 3 channel fader is up or down on the Focusrite mixer. If it’s up, pull it down.

If there is no sound sent out to the Kemper, make sure the send/output isn’t muted in your DAW. ?

An update on this tragic tale of a lost Kemper:

Posten (the norwegian parcel service) is offering to compensate my loss. How much you ask? Almost 97 euros. Apparently they refund based on weight, not content. I don't get it... ;(

How the hell is this my fault, and why do the loss fall on my shoulders?

I found my Kemper alternativ. And it’s a ... used Kemper. Tadaaa. So, anti-climax perhaps. But thank you for all the great tips!

This turned up just as I sold of some other stuff. A new Kemper was out of reach, but a used one was not. Lucky, huh. Perhaps the guardian angel of tone (tm) is watching over me after all? :saint:

Pic, or it didn’t happen:

Strange how the same device feels kinda alien at first. The knobs feel a little different when pushing and twisting etc. It’s used, so it kinda not feels like my own Kemper just yet.

Oh, and my OG toaster is white. I still prefer white. ;)

Have a KPA Rack now- Id like to get a "Stage" but just cant justify it only playing at the house. Plus I also own a Helix rack and Controller.

So Im kinda saving now for pair of Kemper Kone Speakers. 8)

Yeah, I feel the same. I can only play one Kemper at a time. But I din’t have an Helix though. ;)

There IS no alternative ?. But the Helix from Line 6 seems a decent option for less money.

it’s funny ‘cause it’s true. ^^ I’m not looking for a Kemper replacement though. Just a stand-in.

The Mooer multifx pedals (ge150 ge200 ge250, ge300) are wothwhile options to consider. I've been lusting after a ge200 for a while now; sounds great on youtube demos. The IR loading is a big plus. I'm not sure what their pitch fx is like though.

Nice! Thanks for the tip. And the price is right too. 8)

I have two Kemper Stage units for live. Using one of them in the studio too.

Thinking of getting a regular Kemper Profiler to just leave in the studio control room and keep the live and studio stuff separate.

As much as a second Kemper is tempting, I don’t think that is viable for me. Financially too. I mean, one Kemper would only ever be used if the other fail (or is lost). :S

So, the anger has passed (for now) and I am in a problem solver mode.

My Kemper is still lost in transit to Kemper HQ. (The thread here, if you've missed it: Kemper service and repair time?). In a worst case scenario, it could be lost to me for months. So I need to plan for a worst case scenario. (And really hope for the best!) ?(

What are you doing for Kemper backups? It looks like I can borrow an Axe-Fx II to finish of recording some songs. But what about live? My pedalboard and remote is totally useless without the Kemper. Nevermind a total replacement for the performances (and my custom harmony-patches with my own programmed scales), I need something that is somewhat cheap but sound great. It needs to at least have some FX built in: Preferably something with delays like Kemper, chorus, and reverbs ala Kemper (not exactly the same, but it needs to be "vibey"). Easy feat huh? ^^

What should I check out?

I’m mad as hell guys. You know that «I should’ve NEVER have done this» feeling? Like a total crash at a live show because you run a beta os?

I just called Posten. They are still waiting for any feedback from the german post office. And it could take months for any news. MONTHS!!

F**K!

I should never have sent the Kemper away.
    Apparantly. That was a gamble, and I just lost. I can’t hold up everything for MONTHS...

I hate such things as «pay to skip the queue» with a passion. :cursing:

I’m at week three without Kemper here right now. No news. Nada.

I did some tracking with the Slate TH-U plugin. I gotta say... that workflow is not for me ^^ Kind of stressing. And I what I actually miss the most is the tuner window. I usually have that open to check tuning and intonation constantly. The tuning thing on the plugin were all over the place. ^^

Hm... could still be the same issue. How are the levels set, and do they play the same part? Perhaps reamp with the constant latency switched on for all the tracks might do the trick also. Have you tried that?

Slightly OT, but I have never had any luck with so-called quad tracking. ?( Phase and slight difference in performance sticks out like a sore thumb if it’s not ab-so-lut-ely spot on. And that kills the «vibe» somewhat.

You have to specify the output of the DI track to spdif. As of now, it is probably sent to master in your mixer. And master is linked to L and R (monitor out) on your interface.

If you don’t see spdif as an output option, you’ll probably need to check your I/O label page.

Well, you’re lucky. ^^ I think Kemper is awesome in all of this. The fact that they took the time to check up on me when they hadn’t recieved it is really something!

unfortunately, no news yet for me. I contacted the post office yesterday to ask if there were any news. They had none. So, I dunno. This is starting to feel really bad.

And the timing plain sucks! I’m in the middle of recording an album. I watched Baard Kolstad lay down some drum tracks last monday. Those tracks are just waiting for me now... ?(

looks like I have to start using *gulp* a vst amp sim or something to get things moving along for now. It’s not the same as my trusty Kemper.

Small update, guys.

My Kemper is lost in transit. It left Norway on january 29th, and is now on ... somewhere.

The post office have opened a ticket and is starting a search. So, the story continues. No fast solution for me then.

;(

Kemper support is awesome though! HELL-G reached out to me to let me know they hadn't recieved my Kemper yet. <3