Posts by Pixelman

Hi, i would like to have a vocoder with my kemper so i was interested by the only one for guitar (the boss VO-1) but the perfect thing to me would be something that my kemper can control via midi that i can store and use different presets without touching it in live situation.

Is there any vocoder user here ? If yes i would have to have your feedback please.

Thanks !

Can't wait for this. It's all getting very exciting

Yes it is, I must say that's look very very nice and I can't wait for this too !!

It was really not what I needed the most at the time (early user) but I actually work a lot more in the home studio than doing live gig etc and my Kemper is not in an easy place so this will help a lot !!! I also feel like that I will explore more the Kemper deeply with that tool !!

Please don't forget old OS users (OSX Mavericks in my case)

I'm sure there will be a Kemper 2 in the future but i may be wrong.

I feel it coming very soon (May be wrong even more !!)

From my point of view, (knowing nothing about Kemper from the inside, kemper yearnings, kemper business etc) the actual Kemper can still like that with some updates (editor, overdrive, synths etc) for 2-3 years at least. (I don't want a Kemper 2 at the moment).

Something I don't except and don't want is dual profile, that is useless for me cause i know i won't use that in live or recording but a lot of guys seems to want that and I think (not sure) that needs a hardware update.

Hi OneEng1..

That would be the greatest thing of all!Kemper keeping the Profiler as it is (with constant quality updates) but introducing new specialized hardware "around it"..like a pedalboard profile player,a specialized FX unit,synth unit,interface unit.

For me personally this would be the by far best solution.Everyone could choose the "modules" he needs most and the GAS-guys can get of course all of it..^^

Some kind of updatable hardware unit would be the best for me instead of new Kemper versions (I know i won't follow if it's become like axe Fx) but I really doubt of that, I remember at the time when they announced the power amp, they said we could add it ourself (in the empty space) or send it back to kemper so they can add it but finally none of that.

I mean you spend 2000 bucks without to inform yourself a little bit about what you get;Really;

As an early user, I bought a 2000 bucks hardware that I knew, at that time, it was an unfinished thing. We have probably that in mind more than newer user.

The new reverbs are teased since a while so nothing strange to talk about and looking forward to use them.

Some people don't except anything more, other except a lot more, there is no right or wrong for me.

does the KPA need many more updates in order to maintain its position in the market? I am personally thinking it doesn't, but that is purely my opinion.

I'm personally think yes to maintain its position for a long time.

But mostly, I 'm sure it can be improve a lot with this hardware.

Except the new reverbs that are coming (if nothing changed) I personnaly think they can make and improve more distortion/overdrive stomp (I'm stomp guy and actual drive are the weakness of the kemper sounds for me especially when you see the number of great stomp on the market =)

I'm also sure it can have more modulation effects with more variety of chorus etc .

An editor would be so nice too, spoke with a lot of computer/studio/geek guys for who it's a must have and can't imagine buy a kemper without it. It's not my case and can do without it but for some tweaking I must say it's a little bit discouraging to turn those knobs infinitely... (also why turnig through all effect, not easier if we could choose a tipe of effetc then "browse" only those type ?)

In my dreams (I really think it's possible) I see a lot of synth sound and also a vocoder using the mic input. <3

More the Kemper will be an "All in one" solution (for me, i know we are all different and don't need same things), more it will please me.

Will I still love my Kemper whithout that ? Of course, not 1% less !!

Will I prefer my kemper with all that ? Waaayyyy more !!

Will i be disappointed if those great reverbs don't come to Kemper 1 ? Yes very much.

Not in mono. Tonejunkie had some vids from the main outs and they were lush stereo:love:

Yes, sounds amazing and we could here evolution and Natural (plate, hall etc)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Agree for the time to make things right, no problem with that at all !

Just the delay seems way longer than usually (I may be wrong, i didn't verify that) and what we heard looked really well advanced and awesome (imho).

Some people may have informations but not everyone (not me at least) I totally understand they won't or can't say anything , but for the others we just have our assumptions.

Sorry for the up guys but maybe can we have some informations like is this still on the way or it will be on a hypothetic Kemper 2 ? (hope not)

The delay from the teasing of those new reverbs (which sounded already incredible imo !) to now seems suspect to me so i have to ask to be reassured i guess.

Thx very much to take that time :thumbup::thumbup::)

Ok so I can change program now, the problem was that it doesn't work cause There were already modulation and i add it after but i need to have only program change on "sound 1" to have something. I don't understand why especially you can add with the + more things on each sounds but in my case I need to put only one things to one sound.

Also I would do it in logic cause it looks more accurate and easy for me, especially for all modulation, wha/whammy etc stuff (is there a tool to make straight line or point by point like when you touch automation in logic ?)

Maybe i will be blocked cause i will need lot of sound slots for my changes and also some for my separate backing track.

Thanks for the info, with pics it will be more "readable".

Yes for the moment I miss the essential, switching rigs, add effects etc but I feel close.

Really wanted to do all this work in logic before, I feel it's more accurate for doing things like this (not sure I really don't know maschine yet)

Yes I didn't think to do that to be sure that I selected the good output and now I'm sure: In your case It's "Maschine Controller Mk2(...)" and it's for me: "Périphérique MIDI USB(...)" so thanks step by step maybe... :)

I'm really closer than before cause I had some result in the modulation (wha) that seems to be the only things that Maschine 2 kept when I import my MIDI file from logic pro. I had to put in "Macro" this: Output/Midi/Dest and choose "périherique..." as you can see in the this picture (BTW, which hosting pic you use to have your pics visible ?)

[Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/15419684613486854090.png]

As you can see under "Velocity" there is only "Modulation Wheel" so i tried to add "Program Change" & "Bank select" and try to add and touch same things in the Macro section but I can't manage bank selection (What must be on this midi files cause it was in logic but don't see anything)

Thx for the answer and the good explaination but It's what i did, you can see here that i can choose Maschine Mk2 but only virtual output and "péripérique midi usb" that i assume is what i need to choose.

[Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/15419623183230569817.png]

I'm not sure that the midi track exported from logic send the same midi information in Maschine 2 I tried to touch things here but nothing happened so far...

[Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/15419626242772719279.png]

[Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/1541962656994357193.png]

b9788217979d0d8344db4da45919913948c2ac74 i think the OP is saying that he wants the backing track coming from Machine but the guitar coming from KPA as normal. however! He wants to use midi pc/cc to change rigs/perfomances on the KPa automatically while he is playing so that he doesn’t need to worry about stepping on pedals.

Exactly, I want to prepare some kind of advance playback In Maschine 2 with a midi track that send midi to change automatically my Kemper sounds even modulation, expression, morphing everything...

Did you make sure that the track (Maschine Group) that's carrying the MIDI is set to the right MIDI output port (see attached screenshot)?

An empty Maschine template defaults to "None", because it assumes that the MIDI is going to a virtual software instrument and not out of the MIDI port.

Thx god someone with Maschine, Logic, kemper you could help me i think ;)

So, my possible midi out looks different than yours here what i can choose:

[Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/1541673166858819029.png]

Just have virtual output for Machine.

In my tests so far I just had some crazy midi stuff hapenning (my kemper changing led colors like a christmas tree) by selecting "Péripherique midi usb" for midi output and "Program Change" in Macro but then nothing anymore.

Sorry Pics show up when typing message but only link are visible when I post

[Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/15417853621231611167.png]

I'm total newbie with Maschine 2 and I'm just begining to learn how to do my midi track on Logic that I would love to export and use in Maschine 2

I would use midi output from Maschine to Kemper to change everything automatically and just have Maschine 2 openend on an old Macbook with a little berhinger soundcard (with no midi in/out)

Hi, I want to begin to learn my Maschine Mk2 for live use with the kemper.
    In first it will be some kind of deluxe playback player and step by step integrate it like a real instruments.

I want to prepare everything to just play live (guitar) with Maschine 2.
    I want to do something like this for auto sound changing: Still no tutorial... ;(;(;(:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I work with Logic Pro X so i prepare a midi track with logic for the changing, i just begin to learn how to do it but the sound changing is ok, modulation etc also ok.
    [Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/1541673588982488074.png]

I exported this midi track and imported it into Maschine 2:
    [Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/15416736301181812506.png]

Maschine Mk2 Midi Out to Kemper Midi in but absolutely nothing is send to the kemper.
    I also tried to choose my audio device in the output but same no midi information communicate to the Kemper:
    [Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/1541673166858819029.png]

I hope what i'm trying to achieve is possible cause I really want to use a live set as light as possible (laptop, Mashine 2, Maschine Mk2, Kemper)
    I'm a total beginner with Maschine 2 so I'm sure if that's possible it must be a simple thing to do but didn't find yet in my research.

If someone can help, thx :thumbup::)

Hi all, my good old M-audio Firewire 410 is getting old especially preamps/mic in.

I use the spdif with my Kemper (not yet for the reamping cause have only 1 cable)

I'm very interessted with berhinger soundcard cause of the price and spec, i'm sure if it's stable (it seems from comments) that i will enjoy it and the preamps will be better than my actual (I assume)

I was looking for a card that card there is no spdif connection:

[Blocked Image: https://www.thomann.de/pics/bdb/359076/9749335_800.jpg]

https://www.thomann.de/fr/behr…CJsYW5ndWFnZSI6ImZyIn0%3D

99€

So the other option is this model more expensive but with spdif (also more in/out but don't use it yet)

[Blocked Image: https://www.thomann.de/pics/bdb/384432/11106705_800.jpg]

179€

So I would like to still use spdif but i'm not sure that's worth the extra cost, also tha A/B monitor option seems cool even if i don't have others monitors yet (idk if and when i will have second pair of monitors)

If someone have any advice it would be nice. :thumbup: