Posts by kerman

Quote:

My guess is the Kemper company would be less of an issue than the probability that one or more rig creator would consider their international copyright to be violated if a rig they created ended up on a commercial site, especially if it was put there by the site owner.

I imagine you have already thought about all that, but, If you decide to add your own Rig Exchange, you wouldn't want to unilaterally populate it with rigs you have downloaded. No one has given anyone other than the Kemper company the permission to publish their creative works on the web. If you were to post all those rigs into your own commercial website, that wouldn't fall under the fair use agreement the rig creators have with Kemper, or what downloaders agree to, everytime they log into the Kemper exchange.

I think that doesn't matter if the profile is uploaded here, or on another site, or on youtube..., there are several profiles out there....the thing is that the uploader must be the owner, or have permission to do that from the profile creator.

As a profile is the result of the processing of an audio signal through the device, the output (kipr file) is property of the owner (the profiler man!), not Kemper. That's why we have commercial profiles out there, if this wasn't that way, the rights of the profiles will be exclusivly owned by Kemper, but I think that this is not the case.

So, how do you protect the rights of a profile? If someone takes a profile from the exchange, and alter the tags and the info of the file, the only thing that stays there is the sound isn't it? How can you control that? How do you protect your copyright? If I'm not missing something more, there is no way that you can control the sharing of your profile, unless there is a way to insert somekind of hidden marker inside the file, and I think that's not possible in a easy way. Will you claim a company that this profile sounds exactly like yours?... this matter is complicated, You can imagine that I have thinked about it a lot, because I'm planning also to do some commercial and free profiles of my own.

I stated before that I will not upload any profile that doesn't belong to me, or that I have not previous permission from their owner. As creative, and developer, you can imagine my position about taking others job to get profit.

Cheers!

Hola Pepico otro de España por aquí :)

mattlocked is right, I own a Matrix gt800FX and I have no problems with volume level, even I used one chanell for my Kemper and the other for the PA in a small bar! and I wasn't 100% full volume!! Atomic are good also, mattlocked knows about this also ;)

Thanks, here are about 6000.000 of people without a job.. about 1 of each 4 active people are without a job, banks are kicking out their homes 500 families a day!!! suidides because of this are sick...
    I'm lucky because I still have a job of my own doing websites, programming, etc.. but the rope around my neck is streching more and more..

Hi! I have readed again the emails I'd sent to Kemper, and I want to apologize because they answered me correctly, just a little "cold", but they gave me the info I requested. The problem is that I had negative reply about my questions, because a bug, or in example regarding to store midi function, that is not supported, etc.

So...IM SORRY CK for my behaviour on my latest posts. Rectify is of wise people!

But I still give support only in my forum, because this forum is for Kemper related things, not about my sofware.

I'm passing trough a hard moment because the situation here in my country (SPAIN, you read the news? ;) ), corruption, high taxes, lowered rights in education, public health.. all is going to shit! And maybe I'm a little irritated and this affects my mood. So, hey sorry again!

I contacted several times, yeah they replied me, but the short answers didn't help at all.. so I stopped trying :(
    I think that I'm like a little fish or something for them hahaha but I stay here and keep my activity in the forum, is just I don't want to post about my tools, in a support way, you know what I mean?
    Sorry, is hard for me to explain in english, I learned a little in school (here in spain, speaking other languages is like a miracle, sad..but true, even our president doesn't know! hahaha) but I'm trying to improve my skills also on that :p

Hi Ingolf, thanks for your words, there is no problem about that, just I have a subscription, that cost money, and I don't want to be like a spammer here publishing updates about that. Also I'm not very happy with the support received to get my free apps running from the chiefs here.. that's why all related to my work will only posted in my websites. I think that the people interested on my editor, renamer, and the new rig exchange that I'm doing now, will follow me in my websites.

As the editor will be commercial, and here is only a dealer section, I don't want problems. I have a great site with a new public support forum, I think this is a better place for this, this forum is not mine, I don't want to start more threads about my software here, it's like an intrusion.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong, I'm human! As Kemper representatives doesn't states their opinion about my work or doubts here, silence is like a "I don't like this" for me.

When a user is satisfied with a product, 70% of the times they don't even visit the manufacturer's website or forum.. that's why the forums fills with problems, pissed users, etc.. and also with great users that try to help those guys, then are the fanboys, that just post like they own the company or have some invested there hahaha

Didn't see that message, great, I have a problem With the German humour/sarcasm/irony... I'm from Spain, my culture is different, also lot of people here are from other countries... My english is limitated, can express myself like I would like, and maybe missunderstand things here..

I don't need to communicate directly with the BOSS, just with someone that keeps this forum active, post things, moderate all this stuff..and keeps information updated, and answer all the customers worries...that's a forum... not a place to leave all the people saying whatever they want, filling this with threads that ends with another completely different topic that was in the title...etc etc...etc..etc...

I will finish the editor and Will do an alternative exchange, but guys I'm 2 inches far from closing my account here, don't like the way CK communicates here with their customers, sorry, KPA is great, but the people behind it doesn't transmit me the same feeling.. They just released a NEW GREAT 2.0, and what I read here on the forum is all in a bad mood, except one two threads saying thanks and so on... sad. I'm the kind of guy that loves to help in forums, collaborate..etc but this stuff makes me like LIGHTBOX want to go elsewhere..

That's what I'm talking about, I'm developing a editor, so guys, TWO WAY MIDI was on 1.8... but it hanged my kemper lot of times... it means that this is fixed? Why if it's fixed does not appear on the manual or changelog??? I'm a little pissed off with Kemper because they didn't help me with the editor, just short answers like, "it's in the manual", "it's not working, on 2.0 will be fixed", ...and now I see that a foot controller was helped to improve the two way midi... Thanks kemper for working only with big fishes...i'm reconsidering doing more stuff here..