Posts by kerman

Actually there are bidirectional MIDI COM, but, buggy, that means that Kemper hangs almost everytime you send it a request of data... and it seems that will not be fixed in a short term..also the store function with midi, just that screw the things more...

Ok guys, here it is, the first ALPHA version of the KPA MIDI CONTROL.

[Blocked Image: http://www.evergladesaudio.com/images/kpamc.jpg]

This version is for Microsoft Windows, I'm working also a VST version, so the mac users can load it in a vst host.
    http://www.evergladesaudio.com/audio-apps-plugins-free

This is the Alpha free release, it has the stomp section unfinished. The new alpha and complete beta will arrive in the premium section of my site very soon.

In the next days I will publish a complete list of features. I want to hear your feedback so I can evaluate and improve it before releasing the beta.

The primary idea of this editor is to help you to focus on playing, and search sounds, in a way that you can have ALL the controls at only one/two clicks. Also the 3D interface, try to imitates a common guitarrist setup, with the stomps and the routing, so maybe helps to work faster.

The concept is the same as the Profile renamer, you tweak your profile and store pressing the button of your Kemper.
    - Midi in and out selector
    - Midi Learn (Right click and press your midi device button/knob, double rright click erase the learned CC)
    - The VST Plugin will feature automation, that means that you can automate lot of things in your mixes! even in live situation (your drummer need to use clicktrack and play at tempo hehehe)
    - Preset manager, so you can save your midi settings, you can associate your 127 presets with your 127 assigments, so it fits KEMPER PRESET - KPA MC PRESET.

I will work the manual soon.

Ok! I'm waiting for your feedback!

[Blocked Image: http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif] this is a quote from kerman

the only problem: i do not understand one word. questions

• this app, is it for PC (it is a .exe!)?
    • then why do i have to use a soundcard and where?
    • is for MIDI profiles only, or what?
    • could you post a step-by-step hint
    • because i think this app could be GREAT, once i have understood it!

because as you all of you know: renaming is a pain the ass!:D:D

I'm trying to get more time for developing manuals. As this is only a 3 button app, I thought that there will no many things to explain...but as I see...it ain't that way, you deserve more information, so soon I will do the manuals ok?

I'll try to answer your questions here (I'll try to do my best with my english skills hehehe):

-this app, is it for PC (it is a .exe!)?
    For now there is only a exe, but if I see that many people ask for an VST version (I can't do native mac apps or AU/rtas at this time), I will release the vst version so mac people with a Compatible VST DAW or a VST loader will be able to work with it. But as you can see in this thread..there seems to be not much people interested.

-then why do i have to use a soundcard and where?
    You only need a MIDI OUT (Doesn't matter that the midi out comes from a soundcard, a midi2usb, or whatever) You can select your midi out device inside the app. I think the midi out selector is really visible here ;)

is for MIDI profiles only, or what?
    This is for PROFILE NAMES (RIG NAMES?), it works using MIDI RNPN, just the little that seems to work in the new documentation that Kemper delivers. So this is the process that this app does:

• Select your profile (you can this directly in your Kemper, or using the preset buttons inside my app, doesn't matter the way you do this, if you are working with your Preset Assigments for your foot controler, with my app buttons is enough, but if you want to do a deep profile rename to all your presets or most of them, is better to use the browse preset wheel in your kemper.
    • With your MIDI OUT correctly selected, you only need now to press the SEND button and you will see in your Kemper that the name is updated.
    • Now comes the store thing, as Kemper does not deliver a STORE MIDI FUNCTION, all of us still will need to press the hardware store button in our Kemper. In this case is not much important, but I'm aware of all the studios that have their Kempers correctly mounted in their racks, at 3-4 meters from their desk...sad that in 21 century, with a STATE OF THE ART piece of digital components, ultra technology...etc...we CAN'T REMOTELY manage this kind of things..

-could you post a step-by-step hint
    I will upload a videotutorial ASAP
    -because i think this app could be GREAT, once i have understood it!
    This app could be great just for the guys that need it, I have something more under development, I wish I had more support from Kemper, but it seems that they have the MIDI thing totally messed up.. :( There will be no bidirectional 100% MIDI operation..that means that there will be no MIDI editor that will be able to edit and store rigs)

Kemper doesn't have yet bidirectional MIDI communication. When this happens, a complete editor will arrive!
    In the meantime, this tool is easy to use, and you can rename ALL the presets, just you have to use the Knob of your Kemper instead the app buttons.

Doing a backup and reimport for renaming presets is worst in my opinion, you have to get all the files, open in your computer, and rename it one by one..just like this app does! but you simply connect it with your MIDI cable. :thumbup:

Hey, at this moment I think MIDI doesn't allow more numbers with program change, but I'm looking with RNPN, it's hard without info.. If kemper release a more detailed MIDI map...

But you can scroll and select in your kemper any preset, then click send. The preset change buttons are only a little help ;)