Posts by brusky

brusky, which profile did you compare with? Just curious.

This

Vox AC30 1963 Rigbusters

Tested clean and edge of breakup, no effects. Single coil and humbucker. At first my ears heard slight compression on the Kemper profile. Then i dialed in the eq to match closer both amps. It may have been due to the loop but the Ruby sounded more like in a big room though i turned the 'room' knob to 0%. overall not a big difference with clean. For sure not a game changer. For edge of breakup the Kemper profile felt to me that had more punch. Also the Ruby seem to have less headroom overall. I had to turn down the rig volume and turn up the loop volume to level. Anyhow this was just my amateur test. Maybe the UA pedals are more design to use on a pedalboard rather than in the loop of a Kemper/modeler. But for my workflow it would need to really outclass the Kemper, which i was not able to prove. Maybe one of the pro's here can do another test and show this can sound best in the effects loop.

Tested in the mono and stereo loop. Did not sound better than the AC30 profile in the Kemper. Maybe this could sound better with a different workflow. Returning the Ruby.

will this also work to toggle the volume pedal>pitch?

To my ears the Kemper sounds like adds compression whilst other amps or even other modelers sound more open. I notice the same also with drive pedals in front. I dont notice eq issue, cocked wah, etc. but more about compression.

i know there are profiles of the Rockman. But what if we can have this a stomp for use in the signal chain. Imagine with a Marshall type profile and use as preamp. And have more options that way.

I agree 100%. This is been requested already but i dont have a problem to ask again. Drive pedals are lacking as you state. Also the competitor like Helix, etc have excellent drive models. I think this has the most practical application for live players. More than reverbs, phase, etc). I hope Kemper make this the number one priority for the next release (8.0?).

what does that even mean, tho? ;)

My guess is that you have the Volume parameter of the Wah set either way to low or way to high which would change the response of the following PROFILE, but that would also be the case with a tube amp, so I'm not sure what you mean with 'Sounds digital' tbh.

Yes that may be the issue. When i record and play back i hear alot of wah effect but not much the guitar. So it does not sound like a good blend and organic, more a processed effect sound. Also some wah may color the tone which i think is part of that real wah sound in a good way. So if there was a way to add eq to replicate this.

i tried the various settings for the expression pedal wah. And some of the fine recommendations from the Monkey thread. To my ears it sounds digital model compared to the Vox, Dunlop etc. Is there way to add eq, parameters, or other way to make the wah sounding more authentic?