Posts by VictorRattlehead

Hi Pete,

Cool, well I picked these Metallica profiles up and I really love them! They are alot of fun and I'm really digging hard on the Sanitarium and Puppets profiles.

If I could make a request for some future Metallica profiles I would kindly hope you could consider

- One - Clean and distorted rhythm - classic tones that would be great to play with
    - Leper Messiah - Such a great heavy fat tone
    - Sad But True - Heavy!
    - Am I Evil - Always loved the tone on this one. Ripping in your face tone.
    - The Day That Never Comes - Clean and Rhythm - Gotta have some new school Metallica!
    - Bleeding Me - Clean and Rhythm - Love the clean dreamy cleans on this song and then the heavy guitars - Would be a great addition!

Well thats a few I think would be cool, hits various albums and tones.

Keep up the great work!

Hi Okstrat. Cool, Yes I knew about the Metallica profiles and actually just bought them. I look forward to trying them later.

I was referring to more of a general metal pack with various metal bands but I do appreciate packs like this Metallica one. I really hope you do a Megadeth pack as well. As you can see by my name thats my favorite band. :)

Thanks again for offering these profiles!

.S - Any plans for a volume 2 Metallica pack at some point?

Yes! At long last! I've been eagerly awaiting this pack and what a fine pack it is! I just got it along with a few other profiles I haven't got yet. I have pretty much everything you have released so far and I'm a huge fan! I like it when you release more than one profile of the amps, gives some variety. I would love to see some clean channel profiles down the road as well. You are fast becoming the goto place for great Metal profiles. Great job and I look forward to all of your future releases.

I have all the Megadeth tab books, even the newest signature licks that was released today but if you want the most accurate Megadeth tabs for every album you should go here - http://abysslord.com/megadeth/tabs/tab.htm

The guy that tabs those are the most accurate Megadeth tabs you will find hands down. He destroys the tab books and I wonder as well how the books can get things so wrong. The CTE book had some terrible tabbing going on. RIP wasnt much better. Also Metallicas AJFA tab book is awful. Case in point 'Blackened' Seriously if anyone has that book you will understand what I'm talking about. Some of the others are pretty good though such as Puppets, Lightning, Black album, Kill'em all Load.

Some of the newer Megadeth tab books are pretty good, UA, Endgame, Thirteen.

Anyway great job again on the solo! Do you have any tips on memorizing solos? I find thats my biggest problem and sometimes it takes a very long time to memorize solos. Maybe I just dont practice right, I'm not sure.

Hi everyone,

I decided to replace my Dunlop KH95 Kirk hammett wah pedal with a MI Kemper Expression pedal and I need some great wah settings.

I'd really like to nail the classic Metallica wah tone but I do alot of metal and hard rock covers and would like great wah tones that I can use for various bands from Pantera, to Guns & Roses to Slayer etc.

Anyone have any settings you use on your Kemper ex pedals to get great wah tones? Any tips on how I can shape the sounds myself?

Thanks for any help!

Hi ,

I played the profiles and there are some great ones in the pack. Are these profiles primarily made to sound great in a mix? When playing them raw they are great but sound much like alot of my other great metal profiles. Now I haven't had the chance to play them too much so maybe I just haven't got the full effect yet.

I haven't done alot of recording so I am not to adept on how to get the most out of these profiles when putting them in a mix. For you more experienced musicians, how can I take these profiles and make them sound crushing in a mix? I have Presonus studio One2 Daw, Toontrack superior drummer, metal machine pack, carvin guitar dc135 with dual hums and a Carvin 4 string bass. I have only done basic recording dual tracks with other profiles but I want to make heavy killer mixes like some of you guys are getting. I really appreciate any help.

Sounds great Icem4n! I'm really look forward to it. Will you tailor these Bass profiles for metal music? I've been looking for good solid bass profiles for Metal, There are already some that covers rock, we need some great metal bass profiles. Maybe also include a distorted profile ala Cliff Burton? Regardless I know you will do a killer job on them and I cant wait!

Thanks!

So I got my Mission Engineering expression pedal and had a chance to mess around with it for awhile last night. Initial thoughts are it's FANTASTIC! The Kemper wah wah emulation with the expression pedal rivals my real Dunlop KH95 wah pedal and I actually like it alot more than my KH95. I love the fact that you can tailor the wah sound and theres basically endless variations on what you can achieve for your wah sound.

I also love the fact that it does not suck your tone like my KH95 does. I have just one trs stereo plug into input 1 and I can simply activate the wah by stepping on the pedal. No need to click the switch unless I want to hook up input 2 with a mono cable. I prefer the way I have it set up. Instant wah when I need it and off when I dont want it.

I tried to make switch 2 to be used as a Volume pedal control but I guess that doesnt work.

Anyone have some good Wah settings? The Wah CAE and Wah CRY sound pretty damn good on there own but it would be great to have some good settings to get the best wah tones I can.

Thanks!

I ended up ordering the Kemper Mission Engineering pedal through Sweetwater yesterday. I'm very excited about trying it out and I think I am really going to like it. :) I'll be sure to post my thoughts after I try it out for a bit.

I have tried quite a number of wahs throughout the years and i prefer the Kemper wah over any of them. Not only because of its sound since this always is a subjective thing. The smooth transistion from wah on to wah off that the KPA does is just fantastic. I also use the automatic activation by moving the pedal. Many other wahs by Morley or Ibanez have this sudden change from wah on to wah off. This is something i always hated about wahs. It can totally ruin a performance when you play a solo over a soft and slow part. With the KPA the Wah fades in and out perfectly.

SOunds great everyone! I'm ordering an expression pedal today. I like the fact it can be multiple wahs in one pedal and I love the fact it can be a smooth transition into wah mode just by moving the pedal and not suck your tone like my KH95 does. Tyler, how exactly do you set it up to do that anyway? And does it matter what kind of expression pedal you have? The one I was thinking of getting is the Mission Engineering Kemper pedal. It looks and acts like a real wah with a switch. Would this be a problem if you want to use the smooth on off transition mode?

Thanks