Posts by VictorRattlehead

Guys,

I just updated to 2.1.1 from 2.0 beta(I think) and I'm getting the same problem. I'm a metal player and most of my hi gain profiles now seem harsh and have a higher treble sound and feel, maybe fizzy is the word. I dont know why but they do not sound like they used to. Now maybe thats because on the previous firmware the gain was lower and I was used to that but now I am finding alot of my favorite profiles sounding harsh and fizzy and it's got me pretty bummed.

Thanks for the tips. The more I think about it I may give the Mission Engineering Kemper expression pedal a try. It would be nice to use the other functions the Kemper offers in addition to the Wah. I like the idea of fiddling with the wah parameters as well.

How close does the Kempers wah compare to a real wah pedal. I assume pretty close but since I haven't tried it I dont know.

I have a real wah pedal - Dunlop KH95. I was wondering if there is any advantage of an expression pedal such as the mission engineering expression pedal thats designed for the Kemper over a standard wah pedal? I know you can use the xpression pedal for volume and pitch shifting but I am just wondering if there is any advantage in regards to just the wah functions :?:

Thanks

Armin,

I am very intrigued by the Engl Powerball II. Can you list the profiles and tell a little more about the amp? I've never played one. I primarily look for great metal amp profiles and this certainly sounds good from the demo clip. Do you plan to showcase a raw clip with some of its tones?

Thanks!

Hi Nakedzen,

After your most excellent death metal and black metal tone match profiles I was wondering if I could ask you a favor if you ever get some time?

I play alot of classic metal covers and if it wouldn't be too much trouble I was wondering if you could match some of the following tones if you find some time.

- Stryper - To Hell with the Devil, Soldiers Under Command, In God We Trust
    - Ozzy - Blizzard of Ozz, Diary Of A Madman, Bark at the Moon
    - King Diamond - House of God, Voodoo, The Graveyard,
    - Mercyful Fate - The beginning, Melissa, Dont break the Oath

If you ever can make any of these I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Thats cool and well deserved. You did an amazing job on all of these tone matches and I'm sure Im not alone in my thanks and praise for your great work. You made my Kemper experience even greater than before and I think I'll be busy for quite awhile with these great profiles. :)

I'll keep on the lookout for your future profiles. :thumbup:

Thanks again!

Tried these out and there are some real gems in this pack! My personal favs are the Behemoth tones, Individual Thought patterns, Nile, Vile, Dying Fetus ones and a couple others. I'm sure there are others but those I jammed on alot! Very awesome job Nakedzen and I am already looking forward to your next group of profiles. :)

Just for simplicity sake I thought I'd put some more requests if you decide to make them here. These are it, I have no more. :) Sorry, I couldnt help myself. Thanks!

Death - Spiritual Healing, Symbolic(think you said you are doing this. Listing anyway. :)
    Deicide - Anything
    Amon Amarth - Fate of the Norns - or anything else - I know they are a bit melodic so you might want to save them for later if you do a melodic death pack
    Obituary - anything
    Mortification - Scrolls of the Megaloth
    Spawn of Possession - Incurso or other albums
    Necophagist - Epitaph
    Obscura - Omnivium, cosmogenisis
    Septic Flesh

This is gonna be like Christmas! A melodic Death metal pack also!? Man that is just so awesome!

If you could get Spiritual Healing included in this pack as well I think that would be amazing. I wont bug you with any more suggestions. :) I really appreciate all of your hard work. Finally someone making profiles of bands I like. This pack is going to kill! Great to see Six Feet Under on there as well!

For the future if you could do some King Diamond and Mercyful Fate that would be great! I'm like to play alot of King Diamond covers and would love some authentic tones someday if you ever are interested down the road.

Sounds like its shaping up to be a great pack indeed! Too bad you cant get Death's TSOP tone, I was really hoping for that one but I understand if it's not working out accurately. Hopefully you can get Human and Spiritual Healing tones in the pack?

Also any chance of maybe some Nile, Obscura, Cynic, Atheist, Dark Tranquility? Anything else you can come up with is also great and much appreciated!

T

Just did Reign Supreme, I think it came out pretty good.

I'll do SoP as well, would've forgotten about that! Thanks!

Thanks! I'm glad I reminded you about TSOP! I would have hate to have missed that one. While your at it any chance of Death's Individual thought patterns and Spiritual healing tones as well? :)

This pack is gonna be nuts! I'm really looking forward to it!

OHHHHHH, I cant believe I forgot! anyway you could include some OBSCURA profiles also? That would be killer!

Very cool Nakedzen and thanks! Death, Cannibal Corpse and Nile tones would be fantastic!, I especially want to have authentic sounding Death tones if you can make them. Hopefully you can make the ones I listed, but please try to get TSOP tone. I play alot from that album and I love the tone. The others would also be much appreciated as well.

If you can think of anymore Death metal bands you could make tones of feel free to add them as well. The more the better! Your Black metal tones are a huge success!

Thanks for your efforts!

Thanks guys! I wasn't expecting this much positive feedback about this clip! :thumbup:

Did anyone try out either of those profiles? Any comments on them? The high gain one works really well with my setup for both rhythm and lead. I'm kind of curious if it translates well to other guitars and players...

Yes, they are fantastic! I have a Carvin DC135 and the Hi gain sounded butal and the clean was great as well. It gave off a nice errie feel playing some cool Black metal style stuff.

Yup two thumbs way up!