Posts by Grooguit

I *may have answered my own question. If I open up another window and bring up presets and drag each effect block from the main window, it saves it in the preset location I drag it and auto names it by the name of the Rig that the effect was drug from. Then giving you the ability to go to another performance and select a rig, then drag the effects into any effects block you like. Then just delete them or rename them to something more helpful from the preset list.

Is there an efficient way to copy one or several effect blocks from one Rig in one performance to another Rig in another performance? For example the Mod, del, and reverb blocks from performance 25 rig 5, to performance 24 rig 2. And/Or how do you make presets out of the individual effect blocks so that they appear in the list to select in another performance? Seems to me the logical way you should be able to do that would be to right click on an effects block and above or below the list of effect types and presets that pop of for the current effect model, you'd have the option to save whatever you already dialed up as a new effects preset. But even this would be less than ideal. I don't need or want to create three new presets, and come up with creative names so I don't mix them up. I just want to copy what I have dialed up in one rig and put it into another. I've been taking my pictures with my phone and just doing this manually.

Is there something really simple I'm overlooking? ( I know you can lock effect blocks, but what good is that, because if I lock them while I'm on performance 25-rig 5, then go to performance 24-rig 2, it will copy those locked effects onto all five of the rigs in performance 24.) If I knew how to create a preset within Rig Manger itself, I could at least do that. ( I do know how to save effect presets on the stage itself, which will then presumably appear in the Rig Manger list as well)

I see an additional benefit to such a feature: organization. Any EQ adjustments you make is then saved with the profile, not just a part of the Rig. So if you dial up that profile in a new Rig, the EQ travels with it, vs. being a separate preset you need to assign to the X slot.

then put on a page after the amp blocks parameters (clarity, pick, compressor, tube sag, ect... ) So for those that don't have use for it, don't have to ever go to that page.

Hey, thanks for your advices and ideas, yes I like the idea of getting a refurbished pad since I will have a waiting and saving money time even for those...(also time to mull over;_))

I love the idea of having RM potable, when I am "on the road" (in my bro´s rehearsal room) and it would totaly fit to my workflow, having a little extra (touch)screen RigManager at home, but on the other hand it would be much to eye-catching to hide it from my wife. Another argument for the refurbished idea (it wasn´t that expensive, darling;-))

Keep in mind that that this is an editor, not rig manager. I don't believe (someone can correct me) that you can store all the rigs and performances and presets you don't want on your kemper in this app. And never a bad idea to check with the wife before a big purchase. Marriage problems ain't cheap either and are vastly more inconvenient than any convenience an editor would bring!

Is there any plan - in the forseeable future - to support wifi connection to the KPA from Mac/PC computers? If it works on the iPad, seems like this is quite feasible. Things like the QR code based connection might need workarounds but computers with pointing devices and keyboards can easily work with connection settings..

Curious. it might not be worth the trouble. If I understand the IOS editor, it's different than Rig Manager in that it doesn't move rigs between the app and KPA, it just is essentially a remote controller. Now the rig files are small enough to be negligable over wifi, but it is an entirely different thing for the kemper to receive and send rigs to an from the Rig Manager over wifi, rather than just giving some external device the ability to adjust its internal controls over wifi.

Interesting ideas. In its current form, it doesn’t store rigs and performances like rig manager right? It’s just an editor? It occurred to me that if it did it could get awfully confusing really quick to end up having some things stored in iOS on a iPad and other things on your laptop, without some sort of cloud based storage shared between devices. Even just utilizing both browse mode and performance mode and rig manager leaves me sometimes thinking, “now where did I save that rig?” the age old problem in computer files of having two versions of something with the same name or not remembering which location you saved something on.

I am not interested in WiFi connections, so now I won't upload a Beta. The interesting things for me will be:

- if 8.5 leaves beta status, will it have fixes for existing bugs that are not WiFi-/iPod related?

- will their be other new features or improvements unrelated to WiFi-/iPod ?

- and: will WiFi-/iPod changes introduce new bugs?

If there are other bug fixes, they'll probably be listed or just cited as general fixes. Either way, once a new OS go to release, they're pretty stable. On occasion, there have been a couple instances in which the big release of a beta ends up having a soon after follow-up release with a few more minor bug fixes. In these instances, the fixes are for very minor and somewhat rare things, not the sort of things that should make one afraid of updating. Now with that said, if you're in the middle of a project or whatever and won't be using the new features, what's the rush? May as well wait until it's convenient to do so.

They seem pretty bright to me. A good tool for brightness/darkness is adjusting the definition. Turn it up just a touch for darker sounding profiles and down for bright sounding ones. I found Mbritt profiles to be comparatively a tad darker than Tone Junkie. So which is better? Depend on your own taste, guitar, pickups, which pickup position you primarily are trying to use, style, strings, pick, personal technique and playing style, monitoring device, style of music, tone in a mix vs tone by itself.

The best part of this adjustment is no need to use up an effects slot. I usually start here before touching the tone stack as well.

I also think of it as a pickup translator. In that, if a profile was crafted with the bridge pup being primary, rolling up the definition will make it more balanced when using the neck pickup, and the converse is true as well.

Unless the hx has a particular effect lacking in the KpA you can’t live with out save your money and set up time, of if you somehow need more than 8 simultaneous effects. With performance mode with ability to gradually or instantly morph settings of any combo or parameters with the toggle switch or expression pedal,… I’ve never understood the need let alone the desire to try to coordinate two multi effect units as in my opinion it complicates more than it would simplify.

The price at Sweetwater just went up $250, it is now $1,849. Just FYI...

I’m afraid inflation across the board is on the horizon for all products in general, musical or not is, is inevitable. Basic economics at play. Hence all sorts of things have been going up in price. How quickly depends on the specifics of cost increases in the supply chain. Where demand was high, the price naturally went up. It’s probably no coincidence the demand for the new toy on the lock was high with most Americans getting several checks in the price range of a stage or quad!!

We usually deal a lot with musicians that do not see Refining as a burden, but in stead as a chance to control and polish the profiling outcome. As a good reference, there are the Guido Bungenstock videos that are spot on.

I have the assumption that you are not interested in finding reasons for your Profiles having too much bass.

it’s kind of a strange concern of some. Aside from commercial profile makers, how often does one profile or capture anyway; even pros only get there hands on just so many amps? And when doing so, how much time is first spent setting everything up, tweaking, moving the mic or mics around, listening to the result in another room on monitors to the mic’d sound for perfection. These time consuming steps prior to starting the simple profiling or capturing processes make whatever 15 seconds is spent on refining meaningless. It’s kind of like when my wife spends an hour rearranging a hard to reach shelf in the kitchen in order to save 10 seconds accessing a plate she uses once every year or two.

I agree mostly. My own real world with blending amps live was being a poor college student and running line and a friends budget tube amps set clean with a rat pedal. While cool sounding it wasn’t practical for volume sake alone. Second, the best sounds I could coax get out of a pod HD were a blend of two. I only mention because it seems to be such a highly requested feature and quad users (I suppose two kpa owning people here could offer some insight too) found a good live use.

For those who own both the KPA and a Quad, is this possible? This might be a cool experiment. Make a kemper profile of a Quad preset. But do so of a Quad preset that is just a parallel blend of TWO captured amps and cabs (turning off any unprofileable effects of course) So the resulting Kemper Studio profile would be a blend of the two captures, now functioning as a single studio profile in the Kemper. Would it work, and would it sound decent?

I put a feature request of something like this. I believe studio profiles can be made that are a parallel blend of two amps; tone junkie has a pack that has some blended profiles, if I understand what's going on in their description. Perhaps not the kPA hardware itself alone. But couldn't some software be utilized (maybe integrated into Rig Manger itself) that could take two profiles and blend them into one new profile? Once done, you of course still have the original profiles but now have a third profile that's a blend of the two, which itself can be imported onto the physical KPA and used like any other Studio Profile.

An honest question, for those of you with the Quad. Are you finding combinations of two amps and cabs at once, in parallel, say panned left and right, that you find are Better Sounding than using and tweaking any single Capture by itself? And if so, is the perceived benefit really the two amps and cabs being panned or just how you have the post amp stereo effects that deserves the credit?

Dual profiles has been something that (I've heard) isn't a feature that could be added to the current hardware, but.....

I know dual amp profiles have been made by people https://tonejunkiestore.com/pr…l-amp-kemper-profile-pack

So profile of TWO amps, that results in ONE studio profile that then responds somewhat like a mix of the two amps; this is already possible? And if so.....

Might it be possible, software wise for a computer program (perhaps an integrated into feature in Rig Manager) that would allow such a parallel blending of two studio profiles? This blend would then be saved as a ONE new studio profile. You then import this ONE studio profile into the Kemper itself.

Great marketing. Let’s tease our loyal customers. Give them zero information, then clam up and make them angry. Good going.

Fair point. But with other's Quad Cortex contents, its really a glass house, when they began not just teasing but selling reservations for a product that took 15 months to finally ship. We've been waiting a few days for a free upgrade. But seriously though, they're probably ironing out a few kinks, allowing a little suspense to build, and will let the thing drop. Now if we're sitting around here in September wondering what's up, I'll eat crow.

So here's a question: How will this app correlate to using Rig Manager? One of the enigmas I've faced since utilizing rig manager and the expanded editor is the best way to keep my rigs and performances organized. Even prior to the editor, it seemed logical to me to create specific rigs within Browse mode. And many of my "new" rigs are just duplicates of others in which I use whatever my current 3 to 4 go-to generic studio amp/cab profiles at differing gain stages with a different combination of effects and settings needed for specific songs. For a long while, I've was taking advantage of instant morphing of the settings and the four second row toggle switches, which in many cases allow me to only need one rig per song. Over time I've begun to take more liberty in creating five Rig performances for songs rather than futzing with morphing and toggle switches as often. This then introduces the question: do I first build my rigs in browse mode and then assembly them into a single performance? And if I do, there will be times when I'm playing with that performance and I'll want to make subtle edits. But if I do, I now have two versions of that rig: the altered one in performance mode and the original in browse mode. Do I redundantly export the performance version to the browse pool and then switch to browse mode to delete the original?

Rig Manager and the editor presented a new organizational enigma: Do I create and permanently store my original rigs and performances in Rig Manager and transfer them to my KPA as I need them? If so, and I make and save edits on my KPA during sound check while not hooked up to Rig Manger, I once again end up with multiple versions with the same name. I have to remind myself to either delete new version or the original in Rig Manager. Or, instead do I first create and store them on the KPA and only store them in Rig Manager as backups or just back them up on the USB and store them in Rig Manager when I no longer want them currently on my KPA?

Now add this new iPad App. If all it's used for is to give you tactile control over your KPA device its makes a lot of sense. But if it's also used as a way to backup and have copies of Rigs and Performances, you really need to choosing using it exclusively over using the editor. I suppose one could always utilize Rig Manger for storage and home editing, and utilize the app exclusively for operating are storing changing on the KPA itself in live situations.