Posts by jhmcgyver

I wonder if Kemper will ever build a small pedal like Kemper like a Line 6 Stomp?

Something that does not have profiling ability. Just a small unit that you can load some profiles into and still have the same effects and great sound of the larger unit

But in a small grab and go size.

Any thoughts ???????

My Stomp switches on the Kemper remote don't work after 7.5.4 update.

I have two Kempers, one head and one rack. Same issues on both.

I downgraded the head to the previous 7.3.2. I ended up crashing my Kemper head. Finally I got it restored to 7.3.2 and the stomps switches worked. I was able to get them to turn on and off in browser mode and performance mode. However, 7.3.2 has it's own issues. While switching presets the Kemper jumps into tuner mode?????

Which is a worse issue then the stopms not working in 7.5.4. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Iam going to email support now.

Thank you

Jamie

Hi, I am trying to get some input on setting output levels. I am using full range speakers QSC k10s.

I am going out of my Kemper XLR to the XLR input on each K10. The input on the K10s is set to "line" and 0db.

What is a good starting point for Rig volume and output volume. Right now most of my profiles seem to have rig volume set at 0db.

With that, I can barely turn up my master volume. Thoughts? The obvious would be to reduce each profile and try to balance the rig volume with the Master output volume. But I like to here others thoughts.

Any advise would be welcomed.

Thank you

Jamie:)

HI, I was wondering how those of you that are playing FRFR are setting your levels?
    I play in my studio, like a 20x20 room, with a 2- QSC 12s and 2- QSC 8s going XLR into a small mackie mixer 1402 vlz.
    I am setting the trims on the channels at "0" and moving the faders to "U" then using my main mix on the mackie as volume along with my submix to the smaller QSCs
    What is up with the master volume control on the Kemper. Super confusing when I turn it I see four volume controls all with different db settings and the main volume, which I think is for my XLRs into the mackie read -4.8 at max the progress bar looks like it goes 3/4 of the way and that's it. All of my rig volumes are about 0.0 right in the center.
    Just trying to get the best possible signal to noise and kind of need to know what I should be setting my main volume on the Kemper too.
    Should I set my faders to "unity" and the trim to "unity" on the Mackie channels. Then the Kemper is pretty loud and I need to reduce the main out alot.
    Should I be lowering my rig volume. I think I just fine tune there?
    Any suggestion would be much appreciated.
    Jamie

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences using a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro foot Controller with Kemper. I have a friend who starting using a GC Pro controller with a few expression Roland pedals. I set it up for him and he has been experiencing the Kemper locking up when using the GC Pro to change patches or using the expression pedal on the wah. Sometimes he gets an error regarding too many midi messages. The expression pedals are transmitting on CC1 and CC7 for volume and wah. and the program changes are set to midi channel 1 with no other devices. I did disconnect his USB cable from Rig Manager and the Kemper while the Ground control is connect just to be sure it is not receiving too much data from Rig manger and GC pro simultaneously. He is running 5.3.1 OS on the Kemper.

Thanks
    Jamie

Hi everyone, thanks to "Burkhard" and everyone that helped problem solved.

This is what did it.

" If then a limitation of the range is required, the parameter Pedal Range could be used in the Rig Settings. This could even be set differently by Rig.

I didn't even know these settings were there. It was set to "pre" and I thought to myself when I moved the volume back I could feel the gain back off.
    So in my head I thought this is not controlling the output volume or "post".
    I only knew about the settings in the profiler system settings.

So to all thank you once again.

Jamie

Hi all, hoping someone can maybe share wisdom on what I might be doing wrong.
    I have two Boss FV500H connect to the Kemper foot controller. One for wah. Which seems fine. The second for volume. I have calibrated both pedals in the system settings with the dials on the side of the pedal. I get complete 0- to full 100% on the pedals. But here is my problem. The volume seems like it is either all the way on or all the way off. Nothing in between.
    I want to use the volume pedal maybe 85% on and if I need a small volume increase I can kick it to a 100%. Like if I want to solo a bit.
    Is anyone using it like this? Or should I set up a boast in the patch instead. The way it is, is kind of useless to me.
    I should mention I am using the XLR out into a full range PA. I am not using the monitor out in any way.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Jamie

Hi, Thanks for all the replies. The Mackie EQ is set totally flat, no inserts on the channels. No master EQ on the output.
    I have to read through the manual. I bought the unit used.
    I did restore the factory profiles. However ,I may need to reset the whole unit. Is there a master EQ on the output of the Kemper?
    I have owned one before in the past. I later sold it. So I decided to try it again. I have some high gain profiles I purchased the first time around Pete T. TAF, Top Jimi.
    I have tried a few of those and they all sound very mid- rangey and harsh. I have a set of Genelec studio monitors.I have to try through those. I also sent the signal to my room PA speakers (RCF A300) they sound about the same. Just got it last night and didn't have a lot of time to work with it. The paid presets I bought when I listen to their sound clips from them online they didn't sound harsh like this. So a bit unsure of my issue. To comment on one suggestion, I do sometime "scoop" some sounds. But I try to be very conscience of it. Anyway, I try again tonight. Any other thoughts anyone can add would be great.
    Thanks
    Jamie