Posts by Jcaster

Japanese made guitars don't make the cut here on the Forum. :)

I got major love for made in Japan guitars, actually I sold recently my Prs Custom 24 so I only have Mij guitars in my arsenal now(Edwards,Fugijen and Tokai) .

Since your a Tokai dealer here´s a cool one for you:

[Blocked Image: http://s30.postimg.org/49fncqtdt/IMG_1671.jpg]

it's a ES188 (i believe they are now rebranded as ES196 to reflect the price increase).

Coincidentally it was the last guitar I bought (so I'm on topic :) ).

I saw it yesterday, the Kemper's really stood out(and they sounded great).I really like Japanese music.Jinn,aqua timez,Pillows,AKFS,Cinema staff, Dir en Grey, Do as Infinity,Mono,Mucc,Tokyo Jihen,Maxium the Hormone etc etc (these are just out of the top of my head).

While i understand very little of the language, the musicianship really get's me.

They simply give a unique flavour and twist to known music genres(that Japanese craziness i guess).
    As for baby metal, while the song is catchy im not very fond the group...it lacks honesty(it that makes any sense).It gives me a vibe of a label created band(there's a lot of that in Japan).

It's cool Jrock bands get exposure like this, still i preferred the reason behind it to be diferent (it's more for shock value than to show the talent of the band).

Going foward we will keep seeing more and more artists and bands using Kempers, it's only natural due the the philosophy and qaulity of the product.

all LPs I've seen have a 2-piece body, including mine

Most USA Gibson Les pauls I have seen and played don't, except for the Studio les pauls of course (those sometime have three or more body pieces).

Even mid priced Tokais MIJ come with a one piece body.

I find a weird choice these guys (maybach) don't make their les pauls with a one piece body.I mean, they are supposed to be Boutique alternatives to Gibson Les Pauls.They look great and have some good specs(and they aren't cheap, almost 2000 Euros in Thomman if I'm correct), so to me it seems like a weird decision.

Maybe they do that to cut costs?But as I said, even mid priced Tokais have a one piece body so it's probably not that.

These guitars have peaked my interest, but there's little to none information of them on the internet(they seem to be handmade in the Chech Republic, which I guess it's a good thing since it's a country known for instrument craftsmanship).

How's the quality compared to say a Gibson Les Paul Standard? I've been looking at them as an alternative, but I don't have any dealers near.

Good question, i would also like to know.

The thing i noticed is that all their Les pauls have a two piece back.Not a deal breaker, but i just can't understand why they don't make a one pice body.

My latest addition to my collection.

A completely original 1958 Fender Strat played by Bob Dylan during the Traveling Wilburys recordings.

Plays and sounds amazing. Was last playing it using M Britt's 'Vox AC30 B3 Red 2' profile and it was insane sounding - couldn't put it down for hours and hours! Just love that profile with this guitar!
    [Blocked Image: http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/mwinter77/My%20Guitars/12717929_10156497866925627_6824936831373546554_n_zpsvgklnmfw.jpg]

That's a piece of music history right there.

Amazing, tks for sharing.

Michael,

Do you use only the delays found in the kemper? I know they are coming out with new ones, but I am always wanting more. I honestly like the effects in the Kemper. I just ordered a strymon timeline from sweetwater today. It's pricey, but boy does it sound good to my ears. I currently use a DD5 and a line 6 DL4. I want a bigsky, but it's hard to justify it.

I'm just a bedroom player for the most part, but I'm curious to what you think.

@dmbandtimmy

You should have waited a little longer, if you like Strymon delays im pretty sure you will be satisfied with the upcoming new kemper delays.

Still, until they come out to the general public i guess you can have fun with the Timeline :)

I have a Tokai Es188 that a friend of mine offered me to trade is own Gibson ES 335 after playing it.Amazing guitar, with great woods and craftsmanship.

Still not every Japanese made guitar is amazing, there are a lot of duds out there also.

Once i got a Tokai Ls160 on a trade that in theory should have been a great guitar, while it was not a top of the line Tokai in terms of specs when you get to this type on line you get a lot for your money (this one even came with Bare Knuckle pickups the previous owner installed).

Unfortunately the guitar was a dud, lifeless and with surprisingly lack of quality in construction (glue spills etc).It was definitely not a guitar up to Tokai standards.

Still i feel the quality control is much higher in brands like Tokai(when you get to higher lines) in comparison to what you get from the standard guitars USA made Guitars from Fender and Gibson(the Specs in my Tokai in a Gibson USA ES would be something out of the USA Custom Shop).

Sometimes you even get a a lot bang for the buck even from mid priced MIJ guitars, a few years a go i did a trip to South Korea and bought a FGN tele (It's from the Fujigen factory, the one that made all those famous lawsuit guitars back in the day), when i got back home from that trip my USA made Telecaster just felt pale in comparison with the FGN.I sold immediately the Tele (which was a nice guitar, personally picked her on a GC in a trip to New York).

I still have that tele to this day, and it's probably the guitar it get's more playing time.