Posts by Joptunes

This should still work with the new Kemper Kone right? They aren't changing the Character or curves of the speaker (which I think is the idea of the Kemper Kone) but just disperses and delivers that tone more efficiently and evenly around the room. Sounds cool.

i haven't upgraded to 5.7.5 yet so can't confirm about looper working or not. I'll go there once it goes release and test at that point.

I'm sure Damian and others will help highlight the issues and hopefully it goes fully functional via midi again soon.

Lots of things to consider.

How much $ do you want to spend?

Will you connect analog or digital from KPA to MAC?

What interface to the MAC? USB, Thunderbolt, etc?

How many channels do you need? Is it just you recording at home one instrument at a time, or do you need to record multiple sources/band at the same time?

Lots of options and ranges for each of the questions above.

But will help you narrow down your choices.

I'm current Using the Focusrite Clarrett 8P via Thunderbolt

I'm sure you'll get a wide range of responses.

Sean

Would be nice if we had the ability to pick which freeze gets activated by using CC #s. Right 35 turns on/off freeze for both delay and reverb and you can't tell it to do just one or the other. I personally like to freeze the reverb slot, then play over top with some delay.

I'm using a midi controller and not the remote.

thanks,

sean

MIne is working pretty well right now. I know LF is working on a new update to firmware/software for the changes to the reverb slot.

But 98% is working and good. Did you do the V6 updates to firmware/hardware in your LF device? There are notes about changing programming to turn slots on/off without using the old CC commands and working now in performance mode.

Getting the performance mode to automatically work and sync with the KPA performances is working great here.

The new update Is supposed to help with showing correct name of reverb slot when it's loaded into any non-normal reverb slot and get the status light of the reverb slot to work 100% of the time.

I would open a support ticket and see what they say. I didn’t experience any major changes with the latest upgrade. May be worth downgrading your KPA and trying the upgrade again.

First thing to check is if the RJM or KPA have had their midi channel changed. It's in the System menu on the KPA, not familiar with RJM to point you on that piece of gear.

But start with something very basic like a single PC command to call up a rig, performance or however you were using it before the upgrade.

I use a liquid foot midi controller and there are some changes on programming especially around the reverb slot, but all the other midi stuff continued to work for me after the update.

What version of LF firmware and software are you using?

i have the same issue and trying to figure out what needs to change on the programming side of things.

on the LF side, the new software just calls the REV slot, a REV slot, and doesn't contain a specific CC # to turn it on /off.

That was a change on the LF side to account for different types of effects showing up in different slots.

I still have the issue you describe, where i have to toggle the rev slot button 2 times to get it into sync. It appears that the KPA doesn't send out the proper on/off status of the REV slot when you first call up a rig.

Damain, have you located any updated MIDI documentation for 5.7 release? I can't find it anywhere?

thanks,

sean

Depends on how you use the controller live. Some would say tap tempo, or looper, or tuner. I like having the buttons open to program however I want them to work so you're not locked into What you pick right now. Today I use the delay mix a lot instead of a morph pedal and then a volume boost for leads is the other one I use a lot.

Sean

For any Liquid Foot users there is a new beta software release that looks promising. It auto senses if you're in performance or browser mode and pulls performance names, slot names etc. or pulls rig names in browser mode without having to program by hand.

There is a basic startup template for each mode to help with programming.

Still in beta mode but a step in the right direction as getting the controller to work well in performance mode has been a challenge to this point.

FYI for anyone interested.

Liquid foot just released beta software to integrate with performance mode for KPA. Helps with pulling the slot names automatically, moving up/down through performances etc.

Liquid Foot is not the cheapest controller and takes some programming to get it working, but an option.