Posts by Joptunes

This is an awesome pack for sure, thank you. Take the time to go through the notes and see the differences in what the amp configurations are. The descriptions are spot on to my ears.

Great work Michael, these all sound great. I can see why you like you CL80 so much. The profiles with that cabinet just come across very clear and articulate. Highly recommended pack.

do the iec connectors need a power switch, or is the amp unpowered until the kemper is switched on? also where is your iec ground running to under the board? thanks. Mine arrives tomorrow :)

my IEC connector doesn't not have an on/off switch but you can use one. The ice power Amp does a graceful power up per the manual and does a self check. So I just plug mine in and watch the status leds change from startup to ready. The ground from outlet goes to the ground outlet that's in the very center of the power amp board. It's a hole in the board so you need a screw and grounding ring to solder/connect to.

i actually have the bam 200, im curious of any tone differences as the bam has eq and icepower doesnt. Also its one less box to hook up

I have the bam as well and no major sound differences. I did it for simplicity and one less connection/cables to worry about.

Hoping someone could help me out. I'd like to use two Kabinets for stereo (reverb and such) at bedroom levels. As far as Ice Power amps go, which would be best for that? I'd like to also have the option to just use one Kab. Should I pick up two Icepower 50ASX2BTL and basically have two amps, or the 200ASC+200AC combo?

if you're going to put both amps in the same cabinet I would go with the ASC/AC combo as it's designed to add the 2nd amp and supply power from one board to the other. Just my 2 cents.

Here is how I wired mine up:

power: connector P1: Pins 1 and 2 go to the AC feed line (IEC connector) This is not polarity sensitive. Although it's not part of this connector on the power amp, be sure to connect the ground pin on your AC IEC connector to the ground lug on the power amp board.

Speaker: connector J2: Pin 1 to + on the speaker, Pin 2 to - on speaker

input: connector J3: Pins 6 and 7 tied together and both connected to ground/shield of the signal coming from the kemper.

Pins 8 goes to hot of the signal cable coming from the kemper. All of the other leads can be taped off, not needed.

can use connector J5 to connect LEDs if you want, but not required.

I just used the attached shielded cable. sounds like you used different pins

did you use the Icepower cable connnectors?

I’ll have to pull my Kab apart and double check it

yes I used the cable kit from parts-express. I think we are saying the same thing. The J3 connector cable was shielded if I remember correctly and I only used the last three pins. When I zoom in on my pics it looks like the shield and red cable tied together, and the white cable going to hot. Not sure if the color coding on their kits is consistent.

I am currently thinking about changing the cap to activ, I had the SD 170 but want it integrated, currently I have build a power pedal into the head itself but the active cab would be even better. I would do a new back as well and I would look to get the wiring kit... if somebody has a plan which wires has to be connected it would be very useful... especially the large connector with the multiple pins. Anyway I will buy the icepower somewhen and then I will investigate, but if something exists it would be very nice.

on the J3 connector I had pins 6 and 7 tied together and going to ground/shield of the signal coming from the Kemper. Then pin 8 is connected to the hot signal from the Kemper. Those are the only 3 used from that connector.

2 quick update photos. Since the power amp has outputs for LEDs figured might as well take advantage of them.

so added in a green and red led to indicate when amp is on, or if having any internal issues. Tough doing work on the wood when the tolex is already on it, but at least it's on the back only :) This amp sounds great with the Kab !!

I finally got 2 more Icepower 200asc’s , but Parts Express backordered the connecting cables.
    I want to finish my other Kab Klones. ?

I had to modify the jack plate, on the first Klone I built , to add the power socket w/switch

bummer, they can't seem to keep both in stock at the same time.

volume is wide open on amp. So using the kemper to control the input. Very quiet and gets loud if needed. When I rolled guitar volume all the way down and raised monitor volume on kpa it stayed quiet until -0.5 output in the kpa. So it stayed quiet through all of the levels I would use it for. My son has some practices this week with his band and we'll see how hard he has to push it.