Posts by Kitarrajole

It would be great to have some effect presets assigned to CC messages so we could recall them and avoid the tedious NRPN and SysEx messages.

It's an easy way to have different delay presets (I use this so much) or different "stomp" or "effects" chains available from our pedalboards.

Thanks!

Thank You for Your reply! My idea was to recall the different delay types with NRPN, obviously this will not be possible untill each delay will have his own value nr. assigned. I know the alternative would be to duplicate a rig with different delay models, even if I don't like that much this solution.

No, you can do it, if what you want is to have something like "delay presets", like in a normal delay stomp like the Line6 DL4 or the TC Electronics Flashback x4, but it is a litte bit tricky and you will need to send a lot of command lines (4 for each NRPN parameter) or use a bunch of SysEx messages.

Lets suppose you want an 1/8 delay with modulation, a 1/4 digital type delay for distorted lead sound and a shimmer type delay. You don't need to change the delay type to have different sounding delays on each preset but you do need to select a delay type with whom you can replicate all those three delay sounds. In this example, you should select the Dual Crystal Delay, send the necessary value to program the parameters you want and ALSO 0 value to make inactive the parameters that you don't need (I hope I'm explaining myself more or less properly).

So, to make it sound like a 1/8 delay you need to send the parameters you want (mix, note value 1&2, feedback, whatever) and also the parameters that will be out of the 1/8 delay sound like "crystal mix" or any other parameter that you don't want to be active and it's within the selected delay type.

Have you understand anything?

I've wrote a message to the support team because the new delay types haven't got a "type number" assigned, with the exception of the "Serial TwoTap Delay" that you have mentioned. After a process of try and error I've found that those are the Type numbers assigned to each effect:

• WHA WHA
    • WHA LOW PASS
    • WHA HIGH PASS
    • WHA VOWEL FILTER
    • SERIAL TWO TAP DELAY
    • WHA PHASER
    • WHA FLANGER
    • WHA RATE REDUCER
    • WHA RING MODULATOR
    • WHA FREQ SHIFTER
    • PEDAL PITCH
    • WHA FORMANT SHIFT
    • PEDAL VINYL STOP
    • WHA FLANGER
    • WHA RATE REDUCER
    • WHA RING MODULATOR
    • BIT SHAPER
    • RECTI SHAPER
    • SOFT SHAPER
    • HARD SHAPER
    • WAVE SHAPER
    • HARD SHAPER
    • WAVE SHAPER
    • GREEN SCREAM
    • PLUS DS
    • ONE DS
    • MUFFIN
    • MOUSE
    • FUZZ DS
    • METAL DS
    • TREBLE BOOSTER
    • LEAD BOOSTER
    • GREEN SCREAM
    • PLUS DS
    • ONE DS
    • MUFFIN
    • MOUSE
    • FUZZ DS
    • METAL DS
    • NOISE 2:1
    • NOISE GATE 4:1
    • VINTAGE CHORUS
    • AIR CHORUS
    • MICRO PITCH
    • VIBRATO
    • ROTARY SPEAKER
    • TREMOLO
    • COMPRESSOR
    • PHASER VIVE
    • PHASER ONEWAY
    • FLANGER
    • FLANGER ONEWAY
    • SPACE
    • TRANSPOSE
    • PEDAL PITCH
    • NOISE GATE 2:1
    • NOISE GATE 4:1
    • HARMONIC PITCH
    • ANALOG OCTAVER
    • LOOP MONO
    • LOOP STEREO
    • LOOP DISTORTION
    • VINTAGE CHORUS
    • HYPER CHORUS
    • AIR CHORUS
    • VIBRATO
    • ROTARY SPEAKER
    • TREMOLO
    • MICRO PITCH
    • LOOP DISTORTION

As you can see, the effects are not properly ordered in any way, some effects are duplicated and the delays don't appear.

Anyway, let me know what do you want to do and I'll try to help you with the solution I've found.

Hi!

I love the looper feature but I think it could be improved by adding a crossfade time between the end and the start of the loop just like the "Rig X-Fade Time" does for the preset changes. This way it would be easier to end the loop recording and avoid the typical clic that happens when the loops starts over again.

Another request is to be able to have reverb and delay spillover when the looper is set "post" so the stop of the recorded loop won't be so sudden.

Thank you for your attention!

Yes Sean I know, it was a cluelessness.

I've been working on my LF+12+ page display for the looper and now I can control Play and Stop (just like before) and I've programed buttons for controlling the looper position (pre/post), and the looper level via NRPN messages (-3, -6 and -9 dB).

I miss the Undo/Redo function but it's still a very useful feature. I wish we could have it on a close future along with the other options remote users have.

The main problem was that the looper was placed PRE instead of POST. Holding Play instead of pressing it doesn't make any difference for me but anyway I find harder than with other loops to make a clean crossfade between the end and the start of the loop.

I don't care about the 1/2, Trigger and Reverse buttons, but I really miss the Undo/Redo function.

Please Kemper Team, at least give us extraofficially that parameter ;)

You're right Sean, but maybe if we continue asking for that feature or at least the data needed to develop it for ourselves just like before, Kemper Team would take it into account.

Anyway, the Kemper looper has never worked for me as good as an external looper when doing the crossfade between the end and the start of a loop. I always notice a clip when the loop starts again.

Does it work okay for any of you?

Hi everybody!

I've upgraded both my KPA and Rig Manager.

Being able to edit the Performances is very cool, because among other things, now you should be able to edit the rig name on each slot (not the slot name itself, which you could already do with the old version)... But the problem is that this feature doesn't work. You can change the name in the Rig Manager editor, but the name displayed in the KPA remains the same.

For make it work you have to copy the performance to the local library, edit it, and paste it again in the KPA

Hope this gets fixed on the non beta version. Anyway great upgrades! :thumbup:

Aitor

Thanks Webdiver!

That's the response form the Kemper Support Team:

"I cannot really comment on the Mission pedals, and don't know what the exact difference is. You can basically connect all normal expression pedals. You find more details on page 28 of our current Reference Manual, which can be downloaded from our web page.

I assume one fundamental difference. If you you connect the pedal to the Profiler directly the functional assignment is global. You can assign Volume, Wah, Pitch (plus Monitor Out Volume) and are able to share the Wah pedal also to opportunistically control Volume and/or Pitch. If you connect the pedal to your footcontroller, you might be able to assign functions by preset. So you might use the pedal in one preset to control for example Delay Mix."

I think the best option will be to plug an SP1 to the LF+. Cheaper, easier to buy, less cables running out of the pedalboard and the possibility to configure it to each preset.

Thanks to everyone!

I have asked the people at Mission and that's what they have told me:

"The electrical difference is in the type of toe switch an the way it is wired. The SP-1 is designed primarily to work with MIDI controllers. The toe switch on the SP-1 may or may not work with the connection on the rear of the Kemper Profiler. The EP-1-KP definitely will."

I have never heard about anybody having problems with the toe switch of the SP1, but that's what they say.

Now I have another question: I use a LF+12+ MIDI pedalboard so I could plug the expression pedal straight into it, instead of running it to the rear panel of the Kemper. Which option would be better, to plug the SP1 to the LF+ or the EP1-KP (even the SP1) directly to the Kemper?

If I plug my expression pedal directly to the KPA I'm avoiding one processing step (exp. data to MIDI) so theoretically the process should be faster and more precise, I'm I right? Already three cables will come up from the pedalboard to the Kemper so having another two is not a big issue if that's all the disadvantage.

Has anyone tryed the dedicated Mission pedal for the KPA? I'm trying to figure out if there is any difference between that model and the SP1. They say that the potentiometer is specifically designed to work with the Kemper, but a guy from a store has told me that it's only a marketing tactic.

If anyone knows anything about that I would really appreciate the info.

Thanks!

Aitor

anyone had this one?

When assigning Rigs to program numbers occasionally my Kemper will forget assigned numbers
    Im using a liquid midi controller.
    I had this problem a few times in the early days and its popped up again in 2.1
    any ideas/solutions would be greatly appreciated

JJ

A friend of mine is having a simmilar problem with his Kemper forgeting MIDI program numbers. Have you find any way to fix this issue or do you know anything else about it?

Thanks!