Posts by RedDust

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this thread, but I couldn't find any other better than this.

I'm recording some videos comparing some guitars with different pickups and their sound qualities with the Kemper and would like to share it with you, as some of you might be interested on it. For now there are three clips, one comparing the 4 guitars with a high gain sound playing metal, and two comparing clean and crunch sounds. Some videos are the sounds of the guitars in the mix, other just the guitars.

There will be some more coming next, as I'm still working on them and might be new ideas come to mind that I'd like to share. I'll be posting any new clips relating the sound of the Kemper here, one I want to record in the future is the difference of the sound recording through the direct line and the S/PDIF connection, but for now this is what I've done.

Crunch sound comparison:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-y-hh__DBQ

Crunch and Clean sound comparison in the mix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5s2YNhPfNw

High Gain comparison in the mix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2fx3_25OOc

I'll be posting more next,

cheers,

RedDust.

I got my FTP working with my KPA through SPDIF for a while, I don't know exactly how, but they did. Yesterday, after a pickup update on my guitar, I wanted to record something just to compare the sound of the old pickups and the new ones. But the FTP was gone without reason at all, I didn't change anything on both the FTP or the KPA, and now I cannot get any sound through the SPDIF, not even a bad signal or anything. The SPDIF Volume on the KPA is turned up to the max, the connections and setup are all correct, it just doesn't want to give any sound.

I think the problem is coming from the FTP, as I'm using Ableton Live, there I do use the "tone test" button, when the setup is done and correct, it gets me the tone, but when I shut it down it keeps sounding, sometimes completely distorted, sometimes just as if I didn't turn it off. I've tried everything, uninstall, reinstall, older versions of the firmware, activating and deactivating all kind of input/output combinations, no way, there is no tone coming out of the SPDIF.

The FTP is really a bad interface, the people from M-Audio aren't answering any trouble questions because they sold it to Avid and Avid doesn't care about the FTP-Users at all. So, if you can try to buy any other interface but not that sh**

I don't get the point of taking away an option there was already on the Kemper, might be this option did interfere with more important capabilities of it?

I have a Fast Track Pro which I only can use with the Kemper through the analog inputs, I tried everything but there is no way to get the s/pdif working together and having so the possibility to re-amp the guitars.

I'm using a mac and ableton live, the FTP doesn't offer too many options to setup, and even with some tricks I could get the FTP working on the same sample rate as the Kemper does, this didn't help. I only keep getting a very noisy sound out of it or even no sound at all. I really tried everything and searched the web for that, no help on this, only problems with the s/pdif on the FTP, so I wouldn't recommend you to purchase this as you won't have the extra option you're looking for on this interface. At least not with the Kemper as the Kemper doesn't also offer any other sample rate as 44.1 kHz.

Hi Rescator, did you managed to get the S/PDIF working? I got also a fast track pro and that thing sucks. I cannot change the sample rate on the Kemper up to 48 Khz and also cannot change it down to 44.1 Khz on the Fast Track Pro, this really sucks.

There is even an option on the Audio and Midi Settings on the mac to change this, but if I go there and try to change the sample rate on the Fast Track Pro I just don't get anything else than 48 kHz.

This why it sucks not giving the option to change the sample rate both in the Kemper and the FTP.