Posts by Mic2002

I have input settings ready for my 3 guitars. When I want to change guitar and select a new input preset, I can see the new setting coming up and can hear this, but it seems to take 4 or 5 seconds before the actual settings display on the screen,and I can exit. I have the auto load enabled. Is there a way to get the input setting to show more quickly?

A thought on this - have you tried a different guitar - is the noise still there? If you are using a strat type guitar then this may be the cause.I was getting a fizz type of noise which was driving me nuts for a while on clean profiles especially. After a lot of experimenting I found it was the guitar not the KPA. What was happening was that even though I had screened the guitar as well as I could the scratch plate (which I had covered in copper foil and left an overlap to connect to the cavity ) was lifting up ever so slightly from the guitar body. Whenever my hand was resting near the bridge and making intermittent contact with the scratch plate it was causing a static type of noise - even the slightest tap in this area would cause it.You would swear the noise was in the profile itself.
    I know I'm going off base here and I know there are other resources out there on this- on a single coil guitar the source of the noise itself is not the guitar or its pickups it's YOU as your body acts like a large antenna. The screening is actually designed to isolate the guitar from your body.If you have noise and it disappears when you touch the stings it's the guitar grounding YOU not the other way around. You can test this by putting the guitar down and stepping away from it - usually the noise will not be there anymore.
    It may be worth investigating this side of things.

Try using the amp compression and don't be shy with turning it up. I have great results on clean rigs around the 6 to 6.5 mark and it responds so well to your touch. Watch out for unwanted extra noise and keep an eye to your output settings. Another good idea for some clean rigs is to try turning down the volume but turn up the cab volume - it may give you a different result and maybe add some more life to the profile...

I have been able to set and store the input (clean sens etc) settings for my different guitars ok,but when I want to adjust an existing setting I can't seem to find a way to store the update or replace it. When I press the store button it looks as if I am storing a brand new setting and need to rename it from scratch.Is this right? ?(

Andy just an idea for you - I have been trying out various amps to go with some Rory Gallagher tracks so bassman and vox have been high on the agenda so far. I was looking up online and came across the http://www.rorygallagher.com/ official site. I know that his brother Donal has preserved all Rory's amps - how about a Rory Gallagher artist pack? just a thought.

Paults has already offered what I consider to be the answer with Jimmy Hendrix's pickup adjustments: Those pickups have staggered pole pieces and in order to balance these with the "wrong" way of stringing the guitar, the adjustment of the pickups like that (with the bass side higher than the treble side) is probably the solution for him.

Apart from that: I can (from my experience) only warn people with vintage style strat pickups to set them too high (especially on the neck pickup bass side) or you'll get a severe case of stratitis. On the whole you will lose sustain and "ringing" of the strings. The higher output might tempt people to set the pickups high - though in most cases the guitar sounds more natural and harmonic with lower pickup settings.
    Just take a paper clip and hold it close to the magnets and you will see how much the magnets pull on the strings. Multiply that by three (three pickups) and you have an idea of what's happening if the magnets get too close to the strings.

Good idea! - I must try this- I've struggled constantly with the pups on my strat- this one up, this one down, treble side up, bass side up... ?(