Posts by Mic2002

Truths are terrible. Horrible. Hideous 8|
    Uncomfortable, boxy and plastic sounding.
    Hated them. YMMV, obviously, but.

Quitty, I am using a pair of 2031a's - but as I haven't had an opportunity to compare them with anything else I don't have a view as to how they sound - if you used them what did you upgrade to? My issue is that these are for home use and I don't want to go for a something that is overkill for that type of use as far as a FRFR solution.

Glad to see that more people are skipping the hyped to expensive stuff. Remember we are talking speakers here. And EVERY speaker will colour you tone because you play in different coloured rooms, studios and stages. More over your ears are different from mine or anyone elses. So there is realy no point that theoretical responsare is flat. More important is that the sound is pleasant (no fatigue) and not icepickey on performace wattages.

Ergo TEST the solutions yourself and buy what YOUR ears like. And test them loud! And do not be surprised that the cheaper boxes sound nicer then the so called flat hyped solutions. Especially when they are also made in China, have a hypex Class D module and use an ancient Celestion driver.

BTW how Rock or Metal are speakers on a stick?

Yeah they should make a 4x12 with a slot cut in it for the FRFR to sit in !!! 8)

I'm guessing that most users would browse thru the doc on a PC or other device.I have it on my ipad in ibooks which is great.

However,the print side of things could be important for say lists of factory rigs or similar.I wouldn't want to print the whole doc, but maybe only certain sections.Usually if a link brings up a pdf I can choose to print the particular page I want.So print options would be more important for me than a print layout for the whole doc.

But it is a great resource. :D

In short: yes.
    If you like the Yamahas, go for them.

Ingolf, have you used the DXR's as a main monitor ie home studio application? Do you think they would be suitable? I am using a pair of Behringer Truth's and considering something better - but at the same time am very interested in a full range active set up for my KPA. I have my name on the list for a CLR, but this may kill tow birds with one stone.

Gerald's, IMHO this sounds to me like a 'fishing' exercise from this person. Effectively what he wants to do is put the frighteners on you in the hope that you will settle (for a much smaller sum) and he has made some money from you.

Yes,there may be technical cases of copyright involved here but think about this- if it was that easy to take an international legal copyright infringement case against an individual there wouldn't be ANY illegal downloading of mp3s now would there?

In this instance he probably doesn't know if you are an individual or a multi national company who may be able to settle this for a few $ and get rid of the problem.

When you look at this all you have received is an email. How do you know he actually holds the so called copyright in this case anyway? Emails don't constitute legal actions in any shape or form.By the sound of it this person has sent out other emails - again he probably works this on the basis that one in a hundred actually starts a dialogue with him with the sole intention of agreeing some kind of fee from them.What he certainly isn't doing is pursuing multiple legal cases against individuals in international jurisdictions. That would cost him 10 time more than any money he would ever get back.

If I were you I would remove the image.Dont reply to the email and don't start anything to do with a legal action as this will start to cost you more money. I would sit tight and have no doubt that you will not get anything more from this individual.

This sounds more like a scam than a genuine issue.Ignore him.

It may be a good idea to get an FCB then? :D

Same question for me - can anyone explain ( in simple terms) what the step 0,1,2 etc is referenced to...I can see there is one step for each note in an octave here?? Beyond that I'm a bit lost ;(

Which software do you mean?

Will be watching this vid as soon as I get home if it works on a standard FCB ill be really happy

Does anyone know if the FCB firmware/software is to be (a) released by Kemper - (b) by Behringer or (c) by the UNO chip guys? I am a bit confused.

I hear ya buddy.. I'm on the active wedge list and admit it would be smarter to sell some of my pedals to offset the cost.. But yeah... Every time I go to cull the pack, i go round in circles for a few hours auditioning them one atatime only to come to a false conclusion that I need them all and will regret selling any.. Haha .. Crazy isn't it?

[Blocked Image: http://www.thefreemusiclabel.com/storage/Pictures/Brad%20Green/All%20Pedals%20Crop%20Small.jpg]

You could sell the dog instead!! ;)