Posts by Mic2002

Tune up your guitar a few times and if possible let it sit on a stand on stage before you come on. This will let the guitar get acclimatised to the stage temp. When you come on a quick tune up and you're away. Never tuneup in a cooler room and go onstage because the lights (if you have any) and the heat will turn those strings into rubber bands in an instant. I would never advise putting on fresh strings just before you go on unless you're a very experienced player for the same reasons.
    Although it's very tempting, try not to look at your guitar the whole time. Look the audience in the eye. Rehearse as much as you can and don't be afraid to bring any little notes,prompts,lyrics with you.
    If you lose your place completely then smile and mime along until you pick up again!
    If you suffer badly from nerves then try to play while your heart is beating faster by running around for a few minutes and then play. This will get you used to that sensation. Then you can learn how to control it.
    g

I got this case from Thomann a while ago and thought it may work with the remote.The pedal board came with the case and there are two handles for easy lifting.The case also has an extension handle and wheels.You could even put the KPA on there as a stand.There is space under the board itself for attaching a power supply and in the case you can store spare pedals etc.I haven't tried to see if the KPA would fit in there somewhere.

https://db.tt/JjRatdrz
    https://db.tt/f5yrASfy
    https://db.tt/cbihFVqf

Wow that's bad! If Deadpan is correct then that's a 2% chance 3 times in a row. The odds on that must be either very small or there could more defective remotes coming off the line. I'm sure they get tested in the manufacturing process or at final inspection. Most of the faults seem to be to do with the display.

HS8s do it for me. Bright but revealing. The other posters make very valid points. One thing to keep in mind is that even some basic acoustic treatment will help any room and the speakers in it sound better. There are planets of online resources for this.

I know the KPA has a spill over when changing sound using reverb and delay etc.As we now have a looper facility maybe using the inbuilt memory there can be some kind of audio auto fade out when changing rigs?

I'm in the UK. I sent the faulty unit back next day March 4th by UPS (it's a four working day service thats used in Europe). I've been dealing with support who liase with sales team. Already had 2 delays in sending replacement due to technical reasons. Now awaiting to see if anything arrives this week. Have been told a unit sent last thurs but no tracking given so I'm in the dark. We don't appear to have a UK rep as per the U.S.

Sorry to hear that whippinpost , mine had a similar timeframe before the display backlight went out but all the other functions were working. After a bit of to and fro my replacement unit is apparently shipped for delivery early next week. Good thing is that Kemper agreed to replace it right away.

Back when they first showed pictures of the remote, In another early thread I questioned the trim pot and its vulnerability when transporting.
    An access hole or a flat round flush knob would have made more sense.

They thought to to protect the screen but not the knob sticking out the back.
    Part of the reason for its small size was portability. There are other things to consider when making something portable.

Agreed. That knob should be recessed. It wouldn't strike me as a function needing quick access to adjust most times. I am a bit more concerned about the robustness of the network cable points in particular the one to the rear of the KPA which has no strain relief or protection. If the KPA is on a stand that network cable is quite stiff and sits out a bit putting a bit of strain on that connector. To my eyes a midi cable connection looks more solid...

Hey Shaun I'm in the same boat..I'm in the UK.I've already sent my unit back via UPS. Support were trying to get hold of the sales guys to arrange a replacement but they told me today it would be start of next week before they would get response. I'm guessing this may take a while. But I know how you feel.. :/

You can edit any performance to make a performance template
    - call it "Song"
    - rename the slots to song sections

When you want to use it for a particular song, Copy it to another Location, change the name of the Performance, populate the song sections with rigs.

Thanks Paults - I'll give that a try when I get my replacement Remote..I had a short time to work with before it had to go back.

I think it would be a good idea to enhance the display on the KPA and remote as the OP was asking. Maybe a little set of templates INTRO VERSE CHORUS SOLO etc along with the song name in big letters. I don't really need to see the amp name or model. If anyone has found a way to do this I would be interested to see how it looks...