Posts by carltonec

Funnily enough after 9 months with no issues I turned my kemper on today and got no sound out of it, no midi response either. It Looked like it had booted up fine but on closer inspection on the top right hand corner it said dsp error in a blacked out box. Did the usual turn off and turn on again and all was fine.

I wish that fixed mine. I tried that many times. A lot of the times it froze trying to boot up. It is boxed up and going back soon.

Well, actually, this worries me a bit, too. I would love to hear how many of the units have been sent back or sent in for repair. But I guess these statistics will remain a secret. Let's hope for the best, because sound wise the KPA is better than I would have imagined in my wildest dreams.

I agree. The sound quality is amazing, and I loved the first one while it worked. To me it doesn't get any better. But to have 2 messed up units..... hopefully it was just an astronomical coincidence. :S

Support just told me it is likely hardware failure and needs to be exchanged. This is getting old... oh well. Maybe 3 times is a charm?

It's not the same error. The first one worked great for 4 months, and then went dark. No power. This one has plenty of power, but no input, and "dsp error". And it likes to freeze. Completely different than last time.

Okay, so my Kemper I had for 4 months died on me. I mentioned that in another thread. The dealer sent me a new one (the rack model).... got it today. Took it out of the box, set it up, turned it on, and did the initial setup. It froze after I entered my name. Rebooted, and went through it again. This time it started. But no sound or input. Yes, I am plugged into the input on the right hand side. I have a "DSP Error" on. Rebooting is hit or miss. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it freezes.

So, what could be wrong with THIS one? I love the Kemper, but I am starting to think the build is not so good?

This has probably been mentioned many times, but I would really love it if the ability to connect to a computer could be added. I mean there IS a usb port on this thing. 2 of them! Having to go back and forth between the Kemper and the pc with a flash drive is kind of annoying.

So, I was just doing some jamming, and the Kemper suddenly shut off, and will not start! There were no power surges here or anything, so I am at a loss as to why this happened. Is there anything I can try to get this to power on, or is it most likely dead?

Oddly enough, when I dial the Kemper support phone number, it says I have reached a number that is no longer in service. Unless I dialed it wrong? I am in the US, and I am dialing 011-49-700-776345464. That IS the number, right?

I think Kemper would really benefit from being a USB audio device. When I got mine I was disappointed that I could not just plug it into the computer and record. I had to buy an audio interface to put between them, AND buy a USB stick to transfer files back and forth. The ability to cut out the "middle men" here would be really nice.