Posts by lonestargtr

The SSL issue should've been cleared up back in June. Try resetting your clearing the cache in your browser as it seems to be pulling up an old version of the page without the new SSL certificate. I'm not sure why. It seems to be fixed for most everyone by now. Sorry for the inconvenience. It's pulling up fine on every device I have. Thanks!

I had a day of down time a few days ago when GoDaddy was migrating to a new server and took a while for them to change the DNS. It's up and running now but you may have to refresh to get rid of the old holding page from when it was down. Sorry for the inconvenience

Mike

I'm going to buy a Powertrain, this is probably a dumb question but will it work with a Kemper Kone?

I'm not sure. I believe Kemper Kone is made specifically to work with a proprietary Celestion speaker that they have been working on with Kemper. I'm not sure if it's identical to the FX12-X200 or just similar. The PowerTrain 50 uses a regular guitar 12" speaker (Eminence Red, White, and Blues) but the voicing of the power amp somehow makes it work. I briefly tried the X200 in one of my 3P cabinets and I couldn't pull it out quick enough. I see people using them with positive results but I have pretty much given up on 2-way speaker systems. I can always hear something fishy around the crossover point or in the high end of the horn.

Hey Mike,

I'd be interested in you opinion(s) of the Profiler Stage. Have you had a chance to use one yet?

Thanks.

I haven’t used the Stage live yet but I have gotten one and have been programming it and getting it ready. It seems really cool so far. I’m still kind of learning where to find things and little workarounds for workflow things that have changed. Our tour schedule has just been so crazy I’m just squeezing in time with it where I can.

On a side note, I just uploaded a new blog on my site (mbritt.com) with an interview with guitarist Tom Crouch and there are a couple of free rigs included as well. I hope to do more of these in the future. Check it out when you have time.

MBritt Artist Profile - Tom Crouch

My sincerest apologies for the website problems of the last two weeks. My site was a victim of a phishing attack via one of the plugins. My web guy assures me that no personal data was lost or stolen but the attack made a mess of things and deleted a lot of files, so he had to go back in and recreate some things. In the meantime, he installed more security measures to try to keep it from happening again. I didn't even have access to it for most of that time to login and I was both on the road and on a short vacation with family but it is now up and running with a fresh security certificate from Google and everything appears fine as it continues to propagate through the internet.

Our tour schedule is in full swing this year and I will be on the road a lot this summer. If you see us playing near you please let me know. I'm sadly going to miss the Summer NAMM show in Nashville as I will be in the Northwest US. I am pleased to announce that I've started using a new powered speaker on this tour and it's just fantastic. Valvetrain amps' Power Stage 50 is a tube powered speaker that sounds amazing and sounds like a real amp because it is one. It is not an FRFR but somehow sounds right. As a lover of tube amps and a lover of Kemper, it marries the two worlds perfectly to me. I've always struggled with hearing guitar out of a horn/tweeter and I've always been bothered by crossovers because there is an inherent dip and cancellation where the two frequency curves "meet". There is no comb filtering, no phase alignment issues, no frequency dropouts and since it uses a guitar speaker and a tube amp it feels like a real amp and sounds great without the super high frequencies that don't really exist in real guitar amps. It's not an inexpensive solution but for those like me who have struggled to find the perfect speaker for the Kemper, it may be worth looking at. I use the monitor output and leave the cabs on and it sounds almost identical to the tones I get in my Ultimate Ears UE7 iems.

I will try to post a new rig demo soon from the road. Thanks for your time and again, sorry for the web issues.

I have D set as a loop and run: TS9 > PoT > KTR > Zendrive. Each on its own sounds like you'd expect, but I'm amazed how well they stack. I use the loop cause I want the wah before the OD/distortion.

That's kinda what I'm thinking of doing. I have my timmy, archer, kalamazoo, dimension c, and flint in the loops on the Hex into slot D in the Kemper (when the Hex arrives, anyway).

Yeah, the Flint sounds really great.Love both the reverb and the tremolo.

I did a comparison a couple of years ago with the Flint tremolo and the Kemper one. I thought the Kemper sounded almost as good, with an edge to the Flint:

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

Yeah, the Harmonic Tremolo on the Flint is different than the Kemper trem in that it has a pitch wobble too and I've tried adding a vibrato with the same rate but it's still not the same sound. I went through a ton of profiles and culled about 12 clean rigs to use with real pedals in the loop and they all sound pretty fantastic. The funny thing about the Kemper is that even when I talk myself into doing a gig with a real pedalboard and amp, I end up deferring to the Kemper because it's still so much more convenient than mic'ing a cabinet, plus the fx are more powerful and easier to to program, especially the delays, pitch shifting, (now) reverbs, and the morph function. They are things I just can't do easily on a real pedalboard.

I did try a pedalboard in front of the Kemper when I first got it and wasn't wowed by the results. I've since heard from lots of Nashville session guys and worked with guys who use pedals with their Kemper on the road and just thought I'd try some pedals in the loop. Granted, the main reason is that I've completely fallen in love with the harmonic tremolo in the Strymon Flint, but I thought why not try some gain pedals in the loop while I'm at it. I'm currently waiting on a Voodoo Lab Hex so I can choose between multiple pedals in the loop, but I'll keep you updated on my progress. It's definitely not a necessity but I feel compelled to try new things so I don't get complacent.

Ok, so for 5 years I've been using the KPA without any pedals most of the time, except for a Line 6 M9 in the fx loop for chorus and octo verb. And just because I wanted to be prepared for any pop up gigs where I needed a real amp pedalboard rig, I built a pedalboard recently that would cover a whole show (for the most part). It sounds great with my main amps I keep at home and it's been fun to play on. So, this week I've been experimenting with some gain pedals (and a couple other pedals) in the loop of the KPA to see if I could recreate the tones I'm getting from my home pedalboard rig. I can profile the amps with the gain pedals in line and tonally it's pretty close, but I feel like the dynamics are bigger with the gain pedals in the loop.

Which brings me to my question: How many of you guys use pedals along with the Kemper, either before the KPA or in the loop?

I'm always looking for live-use-rigs which need not to be tweaked intensely, so MBritt-Profiles could be a good deal for me.

Can you recommend a MBritt-Profile from the Free-Rig-Platform, which I could check out for use with our Yamaha-DSR112 - DSR118W-P.A.?

Have you checked out the Free M Britt Rig Pack through Rig Manager or in the downloads section?

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/10/Rig-Packs

3P MB, MBC - 3rd Power 100W Michael Britt Custom 100

5E3 Dlx - Honky Tonk D'luxe 5E3

67 Lowman - Fender Bassman

70 Mars IMP - '70 Marshall JMP 1930 20W

Boggy Soul - Bogner Duende

Brit JTM45 - Bluesbreaker clone made by British Audio

Cal Texan - Mesa Lonestar

Clampett - JED

CustOdian C+ - CAE Classic Plus

Fried A Hole - Friedman Brown Eye 100

Jack Lightning - Blades Firebolt

Mars Askew - Marshall Offset JTM45 Reissue

Mo Heavy - Mojave Peacemaker

Mule 4550 - Bray 4550

O-Range AD30 - Orange AD30

Rock Man - Scholz Rock Man Sustainor

Sold A PRS - Sodano 50w modified by PRS

Voice 15 - Vox AC15

Let me know if there are any others...

thanks!

I'm attaching a .pdf cross reference guide for the Free Rig Pack. The Free Michael Britt Kemper Rig Pack contains 50 rigs that are found in many of my commercial packs. This Rig Pack is also included in new Kemper sales I believe, so it may be on new machines. There was an earlier smaller merged rig pack that was stock on new Kempers as well. Those merged rigs are not found in any of my commercial packs. If you found rigs on your Kemper, you should be able to see if they are part of the Free Rig Pack using this cross reference guide. It also tells you which profile packs the rigs were pulled from. Hope this helps. I'll follow this thread, too, in case you have any other questions.

thanks!