Posts by Akkan

Anyone used the G75?
    Specs are really good and looks like a strong construction. Normally i like a rack version like the G90 much more, but the transmtter from the new units (G70/75) are rock solid and really nice.

To manage the Rigs you should download and install the Rigmanager (free at Kemper homerpage).
    There you can define directories and one level of subdirectories which have better sort and filter criteria.

This +1

Rig Manager is the best way to handle all the different Rigs and Performances

Naja, wenn du das Pedal z.B. als reines Wha Pedal benutzen würdest, könntest du über den Schalter das Wha an- und ausschalten. Geht natürlich auch über die Effektschalter. Ich habe auch später gemerkt, dass ich den Schalter nicht wirklich brauche. Vielleicht findet sich nochmal eine Verwendung.

Hi

Wenn du die Funktion Volume to Wha (oder so ähnlich einstellst), musst du das Pedal nicht vorher durchtreten. Das bedeutet in einem RIG ohne aktives Wha fungiert das Pedal ganz normal als Volume Pedal und in einem RIG mit aktiven Wha fungiert es als Wha Pedal. Du kannst das Wha auch innerhalb eines RIGs per Fußschalter aktivieren, dazu solltest du dann aber nicht den am Mission Engineering Pedal nehmen, ansonsten passiert tatsächlich was du befürchtest. Nimm einfach irgendeinen anderen Fußschalter dafür. Entweder, falls vorhanden, an der Remote oder schließ einfach irgendeinen an den KPA an.

Ich hatte auch das Problem, dass die Verknüpfung auf dem Desktop die obige Fehlermeldung hervorgerufen hatte. Nach Austausch der Verknüpfung mit der aktuell installierten exe ging das aber wieder.

Ich denke ich werde auch bei einem selbst zusammengestellten PC bleiben. Ich glaube nicht, dass ich im Hobby Recording Bereich den voll auslaste. Von dem gesparten Geld kann ich mir ja dann die obligatorische Lavalampe fürs Studio und eine Kaffeemaschine leisten. ;)

Der Mac Pro kostet in der leistungsstärksten Ausführung mal satte 15.000€ =O

Naja, ich würde im Studio schon gerne auf Mac setzen. Vorallem da die Motu AVB Interfaces dann direkt über Ethernet angeschlossen werden, anstatt USB und die Performance etwas höher liegt.
    Ich zögere noch, da ein MacMini + Monitor schon etwas teurer ist als ein Win PC. Wobei ich aber auch nicht weiß, welche Leistung ein Mac im Gegensatz zu Windows haben muss. Vielleicht reicht bei nem Mac ja eine schwächere CPU, um die gleiche Leistung zu haben?

I'm not a pro for tone matching, but maybe @paults could help you. He has made some rigs with shimmer effects. The Edge uses normaly lot of different delay settings. Could be achieveable now with the possibility to set in more than one delay in Kemper FX chain.

Have you searched the Rig Exchange for U2. There are some Rigs for other U2 songs. This could be a good starting point.

Has Pete Thorn posted a video where he plays this profile?

I think most of his latest videos are done with the Kemper. He uses different Amp Profiles, but mostly explain which amp is used for rythm, lead....

He has made a song with the Kemper but used an mbritt profile.

Never found a SL68 till now, but Soundside has an Badger 30 and Choptones a PT100 which are both quite good. Maybe you can find the tone you are searching for with this amps. :whistling:

I'd rather have a piece of gear that operates at 100% in all areas, with fewer features, than one that operates at 80% but offers more features. It's kind of the "quality vs quantity" argument

Thats right, but implementation of new features are highly requested by the users, not from Kemper. There will be no end of suggestions in the feature request section and some day you will reach the point where you have to make some compromises. Maybe this point is reached now due to limitations of the Profiler?

So, I updated the firmware, sounds were all intact so, thought I was good to go. Got to the gig and started noticing the lag, wasn't sure if there was something wrong with the Kemper or not. So yeah, I had to have the band wait. And while I am apparently not the rock star incarnate that you are, we did work the crowd and we got through it.
    This post original was simply asking if it was addressed and now we have the guys riding in on their high horses, chill out...

Oh, and a special thanks to Ingolf for getting me pointed to v3!

Read your explanation but didn't understand what exactly you mean. Can't imagine why the whole band shall wait between the songs, because the Profiler has a display lag of half a second.
    Maybe we are talking about different things. ?(
    I never realize a real lag during a gig.

Im not really familiar with this kind of guitar sounds, but i would prefer the vintage one. It's a little bit darker. The other one seams to be a little bit harsh. But this depends on the profiles and style.

Nevertheless the picture on the cab is really cool. :thumbup: