Posts by Akkan

So, for me, I found myself waiting on the screen. Which in a cover band, means everybody else, band, crowd, also has to wait. At the time I didn't realize that the audio was actually changing instantly. So I would hit the foot switch, turn my volume down, and wait for the change...and apologize to my band mates

The whole band is waiting for what? We are talking about milliseconds. If we finished one song i step one performance higher. Slot 1 is autoloaded and after the drummer has started the next song i could have changed the performances ten times. Or do you play a complete show instantly without talking to the crowd or a ten seconds break between the songs?

We used a Shure PSM 200 first in our band, but switched to the LD System MEI 1000 after one year. We really like the benefit of a stereo image. It worked very well. We still use the Shure 215 Earplugs, because they fit very well and in my opinion they are really good in this price range.

At the moment i think about InEar StageDiver SD-4. Its a german company and compared to the tech specs they are in a good price range.

Anyone tried a digital wireless InEar, like Lectrosonics, till now? Would like to hear some opinions about it.

That one is on my list at the moment, because of the limited frequency of the LD System MEI 1000, which is 60-16000 Hz. Oh god, there is so much on my list.... =O:whistling:

Hallo

Ich habe nochmal ne Frage an die Experten hier:

Ich wollte in Kürze mal die wet/dry/wet Variante probieren. Evtl. sogar mit der sechs Kabel Methode, also Rev/Del L + Rev/Del R + Mod L + Mod R + Stack mono + Git analog. Das Problem ist, dass ich dazu dann den Spdif benötige und der Kemper ja immer Master sein will/muss. Nun will ich in meinem Setup mit Motu AVB Interfaces den Kemper nicht als Master haben und möchte die Interface eigentlich auf 96KHz einstellen.

Andere Variante wäre Mod mono zu benutzen anstelle von Stack. Allerdings habe ich dann die Effekte im Mod/X Slot eben nicht in Stereo zur Verfügung.

Kann ich evtl. einen Konverter von SPDIF auf sym. XLR/Klinke dazwischen schalten, um dieses Problem zu umgehen? Und falls ja, kennt jemand einen geeigneten ein- oder zweikanal DA Wandler? Ich habe bisher immer nur welche mit Chinch gefunden oder im Preisbereich weit oberhalb der 1000€. =O

Had a gig last weekend with latest firmware. The audio switching has been super fast and thats the most important for me. I didn't look at the display the whole time. Maybe between two songs or for a short orientation within one performance.
    For me it is perfect as it is. Mostly i didn't observe the discussed "lag".

Also, I'm never 100% certain how best to obtain the optimum sound from the KPA for simple home recording. At present I'm simply running an XLR out of the main out put into the front of a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Would that be deemed the 'best way' of running the KPA into my computer?

I think there is no "best way". You could use SPDIF to avoid an additional DA conversion, but keep in mind the Profiler has to be master at 44.1KHz for this configuration.
    I am not a pro nor semi-pro :rolleyes: I have tried both SPDIF and analog and i didn't hear any significant differences.

Nevertheless watch your input and output led's like @rockbadger stated. If your signal is still to hot in your interface you can lower the used output. My main output is still at -17dB

If your overall sound seems to be a bit harsh try the output eq for overall changes.

Im Handbuch sind natürlich alle Konfigurationen erklärt.

Ich dachte mir evtl. kann mir einer aus Erfahrung einige Tips geben, z.B. "ich nehme für das DI Signal lieber Git analog anstatt Git Studio weil....".

Ich wollte mit dieser Frage nicht das Handbuch erklärt haben. Da steht ja drin welche Einstellung was macht. Ich wollte eher ein paar Praxis Tips von Leuten, die das tatsächlich schon Live umgesetzt haben und aus Erfahrung sagen können warum sie welche Einstellung benutzen, aber scheinbar spielt wohl niemand mit einer wet/dry/wet Anordnung.

Maybe you could use it for some comparisons without changing the wiring.
    For example from master out via A/B Box to two different active full range systems or from monitor out with cab off through two identical power amps to different cabs.
    Never thought about it before, but could work if you have too much time. ;)

Ich hab da mal eine Frage an die Experten hier:

Aufgrund demnächst vorhandener zahlreicher Inputs zur freien Verfügung, plane ich mal mit einer wet/dry/wet Konfiguration zu experimentieren. So ganz klar ist mir das aber noch nicht so. Also:

1. für den Master Out würde man dann Delay/Reverb wet wählen und nicht Master stereo? Dachte man würde das Gesamtsignal im Panorama nach außen stellen und nur Stack in die Mitte.
    2. für direct oder monitor out nimmt man dann Stack oder Mod mono? Wenn der master nur delay und reverb hat und ich stack wähle, würden doch der x und mod slot komplett fehlen oder nicht? Bin etwas verwirrt.
    3. Zusätzlich möchte ich das DI Signal gleich immer mit aufnehmen, um später evtl. reampen zu können. Nimmt man Git analog oder eher Git Studio? Was ist da besser?

Gruß
    Kai

For Performance Mode search in System Menue. There is a function calles performance load. If you set it to "Slot 1", the first slot will be automatically loaded after switching performance. For Browse Mode i'm not sure if its possible to autoselect a slot after bank change.
    But for me the performance mode is the best way to work.

Thanks for the videos. I was reserved about updating, because of the lag. Now i have seen that this "lag" is totally acceptable for me. I didn't really notice any big differences comparing the videos. Quick audio switching is more important than visual, especially on stage imho.

I'm looking for the Relay G70 or G75, but the G70 would need a power cable in front of me. :thumbdown: I'm happy the remote got power over ethernet and the G75 can't be easily assembled into a rack.
    I think i'll wait a little bit longer. Maybe Line 6 will release a G80 as a 19" rackmounted wireless, but they doesn't answer any question on Line 6 forum. ?(

Hi

This video was intended as an appetizer for our last gig on saturday. It's all filmed and recorded in one session at band rehearsal. It is german speaking music, so don't be afraid if you don't understand it. :D
    The german title is "Mach mal lauter" and the english expression could be "turn it up".
    I know recording and mixing isn't perfect, but we are still learning bit by bit. Please share your thoughts.

https://youtu.be/H7hJmvZTAPg

@Stefans-Kemper:
    Ich konnte das Problem dann umgehen, indem ich die Profiler Performances in einem neuen Fenster geöffnet hatte und dann die Performances vom PC aus Fenster 1 auf den Kemper in Fenster 2 kopiert habe. Da scheint er dann diesen Fehler nicht mehr zu machen. Komisch war auch, dass der RM mir die Performances zwischendurch einfach verschoben hat. Also ich hatte eine Performance nach hinten auf Platz 40 verschoben. Dazwischen waren freie Plätze. Nach dem kopieren und verschieben einiger anderer Performances war die Performance von Platz 40 plötzlich auf Platz 36 hatte aber immer noch die Nummer 40. War mir alles etwas suspekt. Ich hatte dann das letzte Backup wieder aufgespielt und mit den zwei Fenstern ging es ja dann. Werde das Problem mal an den Support melden. Vielleicht hat ja irgendetwas beim letzten Update nicht ganz geklappt.