Posts by mixohoytian

Hi RockProfiles.

Can you explain the naming of the free Peacemaker profiles? I'm wondering if different speakers were used in particular. I have a peacemaker and have been unable to really capture it, so thank you for this - just found out about it. I'll be buying your Mojave dirty boy profiles soon. Thanks.

I'm using a fryette power station which along with the suhr is one of the best for this

I want to be able to compare my loaded down real amp with fake cab to
    a di profile which I already have with the same IR

I have not had great luck using just the cab of existing profiles

and my own profiling = sort of there but the bass notes (ala chunky van halen) just aren't the same

my conclusion so far is that I can't capture the real thing
    but I'd like to know for sure via direct

the prob is that I'd like to hear it as I record it
    my computer is old and can not handle an IR for live monitoring

so far, my plan is to buy the CAB and use it for reamping later (sems easier to buy the CAB than figure it out voa Kemper..)
    do the first recording with a Kemper at night, then reamp the di through a real amp down the line

Then I can still have my sound

I've asked this before, but most reactions were that this was a weird thing to do or that it was an interesting idea...

I'm planning on buying a Torpedo Cab so that I can record my plexi head into my computer with no cab.... and not use my ancient computer to host the IRs post recording.

Also, wanting to try to profile the head plus torpedo CAB silently.

I always thought this would be easy to do with Kemper, but I've seen a thread or 2 with some issues.

I'm fine with redwirez and intend to use them. If I turn off everything but a redwirez cab in the Kemper and send my amp through it, wouldn't it be identical to using a Torpedo cab?

I have yet to successfully capture my amp into the Kemper... so looking for other ways.

(Kemper is great as an easy to transport amp with great profiles, just not my own)

Trying to do a direct profile using the Fryette Power Station as the load box.

It is supposed to sound better than a hotplate cause it is a reactive load, anyways, I did it the same as when I had my hotplate, but the signal is too hot or something

All I get is a high pitched squeal, so I can't do a profile

Is there a way to lower the input on the "return"

They Fryette doesn't have a level on the line out

:(

I do have a direct profile (no cab) and intend on doing exactly as you describe
    but I want to compare Kemper cabs with redwirez. If Kemper cabs are cooler I'll make a post, but gotta hear it for myself.

I intend on taking my technique out of the equation. If my direct profile through fake cab sounds identical to my Mojave through fake cab, then I'll know I've achieved what I wanted.

Note that ownhammers etc... are as good or better than the real thing according to Pet Thorn and others who are better at micing than I am. If they use them and can't tell the difference, then all I'm trying to do is cut to the chase. I could keep working on my micing technique, but that's time better spent on writing and recording as clearly micing technique has already been perfected and is for sale for $10 via redwirez.

guys, thanks for responding (even though I'm in the wrong forum)
    I have yet to use cab maker, or even select different cabs within Kemper

I have a Mojave Peacemaker. I consider it my sound, so I want to be sure I capture it the best way.I have profiled the Mojave and it sounded almost identical, but I'm convinced that redwirez or other cabs would improve it drastically in that my real recording (and profile) are not as clear and pro as I'd like them to be.

cool, so using the Kemper as cab only is as I thought, simply de-click everything but the cab
    then feed your amp into the fx loop of Kemper and enable fx loop

so to recap:
    the Kemper cabs should sound cool
    using cab maker to import redwirez may or may not be identical to using a computer
    got it, will have to experiment...
    can't wait til all this is over, once I know what works for me...that's it, no more experimenting, stick to what works = what I like

I found what I wanted for Marshalls:

Siggi Mehl cab, it's a 4X12 Greenback (G12M25?) 25.
    The 4x12 Blackbacks of Baldis 03

Apparently the Siggi Mehl is already in my kemper....hopefully I'll be able to find it quickly...
    as for the Baldis, does anyone know where to find it for download? I can't find it when searching for Baldis

Can anyone recommend their fav G12M and G12H for Marshalls and Vintage 30 for Mesa type modern tones?

I plan on loading these via redwirez and using them....but I've heard members say that cabs in the Kemper are cooler...so would appreciate any pointers.

I know they are out there..I just can't go through every profile and audition the cabs. I know redwirez are better than my own micing, so just looking for any type of feedback that'd save me time.

For reference, I have M Britt profiles and will get a Top Jimi profile...so I could use those cabs and prob would lean towards believe the cabs to be better miced in commercial profiles.

Just making sure, in this example: loading redwirez etc into the Kemper and using the Kemper instead of the computer to host the speaker simulation = identical right tone?

I intend on using the Kemper occasionally this way to avoid computer lag etc...letting kemper do all the work

this should be the same, right?

sorry, wrong forum..

Thanks!

Noob here (I've had the kemper for 3 years I think, but I'm still a Noob
    I super appreciate all the answers I've to my questions on here

I'll throw my opinion out here. I come from wanting to replace a 16 space rack with a Kemper

my rack had the TC g force , GCX, Mese triaxis, rack wah and other effects  etc..

So I read those manuals and understood how to program it all

Enter the Kemper

I still don't follow much of the manual(s)

Everything about the Kemper sonically is awesome

Everything about the Kemper in writen manual form sounds to me like someone who's first language is not English (ie the 3rd singer of Helloween, or the guy in Pagans Mind etc..)

That is all

^^^
    Thanks, I'll check with Mojave Amps to see if the line out reacts to the load or not

it does not have speaker simulation and it is post power

On further study, I realize it does matter to have the cab interaction
    so I'll be looking to capture that

thanks to all!

I can get chords and leads to sound identical when profilingBut when it comes to palm muted chugging al Nuno, EVH etc...it is mushy on the Kemper How do you fix this?

Is it simply a matter of chugging only during the "refining"...or?

Note that this is not unique to me, I let someone else borrow and he had same issueNote that when recording with the real amp, same mic placement, the chugging sounds fine it's only with the kemper profile that this is an issue