Posts by Laker

I saw this thread and think this is a good place to ask my questions. If not please let me know.

When using the UnO for KEMPER chip

Can I assign the pedal #1 so is my rig has wah for one bank and pitch change for another?

Can I assign 2 different rigs to one bank?
    Ex. Bank 1: switch 1: Rig A with its unique effects, switch 2: Rig B with its unique effects.

Can I control an effects unit like the Timeline via the midi thru on the KPA?
    Ex. Using switch 1: Rig A clean, switch 2: Rig A Clean), turn effects loops on and Timeline patch 1, switch 3: Rig A Clean, turn effects loops on and Timeline patch 2.

Can I have different stomp switches for different banks?
    Ex. Bank 1: top row 1-5 (A,B,C,D,X), Bank 2: : top row 1-5 (A,B,C,Delay,Reverb)

Awesome profiles! I like the Sky King Rock Grind and the Sky King Old School profiles the best so far. The Rock Grind has a Rev. Horton Heat kind of sound. The Old School has a light breakup which sounds great. Many thanks.

Just curious Laker, did you have DXR upright behind or monitor position in front of you? I love my DXR first gig with it next week!

Piezo Roland AC33 on rig exchange?

Ezergeezer.

I had the DXR upright next to me and a little in front, there was no where behind me to put it. I could hear it just fine and it was not miked. Yes on the rig exchange. Remember, I am an amateur and not a gigging musician.
    No pics yet.
    Kryho, Did you have the cab turned off? I want to try a nice power amp with my 2x12.

I had my first gig today with the KPA. Actually my first gig (company picnic) in a while.

The gig went great and the KPA sounded great. I used my Heritage Gold Top H150 with Lollar P90's and a Yamaha DXR10 monitor (thanks to all the posts on the KPA forum). I didn't have time to get and program an FCB1010 foot controller so I had to use a couple switches I've had lying around for years and connected them (jury rigged) to a stereo cord to move from preset to present up/down. Worked fine. A footswitch would have been a whole lot easier though.

The Yamaha sounded great. I got just a week before the gig so not much time to tinker with it. I think I can get it to sound even better in the future by taking some time to experiment with profile settings. But it was still very nice. The Yamaha is Plenty loud enough, that's for sure and very portable. Unfortunately I was in direct sunlight so I had to keep the KPA shaded so it was not visible :( I didn't want the sun beating down on it.

I used the following profiles.

Marshall Golub Crunch (This profile just sounds good and works great)

Amp Factory Classic Rig Pack =A-Matchless DC30 clean

Amp Factory Mesa Boogie Stiletto (Stileto ch2 Drive+) Really like this profile, Monster chord crunch.

Piezo Roland AC33 (Acoustic guitar sound, by Maurizio, thanks!). Sounded pretty good.

Amp Factory Soldano SLO 100 (solo profile)

I really liked using the KPA, it sounded great. So many profiles that I was able to find the sound I wanted for each song. Lots fun. Even more happy with my KPA. The KPA is awesome.

P.S. I have tried editing this post to get rid of the huge spaces between sentences but it isn't working for me.

You could always share the settings. I.e. Treble 1.2, Sag 0.3 etc...

Why would you send the edited profile back to the seller to sell again? So we are suppose to but the same profile 10 times for different settings? Makes no sense. Now sending it back to the seller to have it made available to people who have bought the patch makes sense.

Would it be easy to setup a stock FCB1010 to just do rig up/down? I might have a chance to get one this weekend and won't have time to go through and program it for a bunch of functions and need it to do that soon.

Quoted from "Zappledan" Honestly, I'm not seeing a great advantage to replacing my UNO chip with this one. The onboard tuner display is the only real advantage I can see, but maybe you early adopters will talk me into it ... Yeah Zap, that would have been the cool thing to have the tuner onboard. I have to admit I'm a little bie sad. I sure hope Ck allows the new Kemper contro;;er to be able to control more the Kpa

Does this mean I would not be able to control the KPA and my Timeline pedal from the footswitch? Would I be able to control the
    KPA and the timeline with the uno chip?

I recently demo'd the DXR10 and the QSCk10 at a music store and both had some hiss. I put my ear right up to the speaker to make sure of each monitor to make sure it was coming from the speaker. The DXR10 had just a little more and the volume setting made no difference. I have no idea how the monitors switches were set. I think every switch was in an off position