Posts by adamcanter7

I am in the US. I'm wondering if cables like George L or magomi cables have been successful for kemper users. There is so much hype on this subject that I'm trying to get a good quality cable without over paying.
    I'm also wondering if I need the exact same cables going in front of the kpa as I have going to my yamaha dxr10 (instrument ts)?

After reading this thread, I started looking into cables and I'm trying to determine the best cables for my personal setup. I'm trying to find the best bang for the buck cables for the following:
    1. Guitar to pedal board
    2. Pedal Board to Kemper
    3. Kemper to Yamaha dxr10

Can anyone suggest what "specs" I need to look for with these cables (ie. ts, trs, capacity/resistance- I don't really understand this). Can anyone recommend cables that are best brands. I don't plan on spending 100 plus dollars on one cable, but don't want to buy bad cables either.

Is there a need to look for HIgh quality midi cables or are they all the same spec wise?

I have a liquid foot and it has taken some time to learn the editor hut it has been worth it. Joptunes has been a huge help. There is a video titled "liquid foot +1 expression pedal controls 3 ia's and cc's" on YouTube that might be helpful. I am definitely not the most knowledgable user but am more than happy to help. You will have to set the global one page expression pedal to continuous and the button to toggle ia. The video does a decent job of explaining the process although it might be a little more complicated than normal use. Good luck. I wish you the best.

Oh my gosh, thank you for the insight. I will get my gear out in a bit and see because I didn't set the KPA or TC to anything. Thats gotta be the issue. I will report back.

I had a few hours last night to sit down with my liquid foot and experiment with controlling 2 devices (KPA and TCHelicon Vocal) and I'm getting closer but still hitting some road blocks. Here were my findings, any help would be greatly appreciated:

1. I set each device on its own midi channel in the global menu (although I'm not sure how theactual devices realize they are on separate channels). I assigned the bottom row of Buttons to the KPA, top row to the TCH through the presets and then assigned the presets to page1 so the top and bottom rows controlled different devices. At this point I'm trying to get the PC# changes to only affect the channels that they are assigned to and not the other device. In essence, I want to bypass one of the devices. I am really wanting to keep them separate if at all possible.
    In this set up, both rows of PC commands changed the kemper but the top row of buttons (Assigned to the TCH commands) ended up only changing the KPA which is totally backwards and I can't figure out why. So to sum it up the kemper changes on all commands but the Vocal pedal only responds to the KPA commands. This frustrated me but also gave me hope that they can be controlled separately. Now all I have to figure out is how to keep the KPA from responding. When I set the new midi channel up on the global screen I'm not real sure if the "send" and "msb" switches should be enabled. I also can't understand how me just making up a name on that midi channel makes the devices understand me and I'm wondering if that's where the problem is. I know the issue is user error, just can't locate the problem.

2. How should an expression pedal be set up to control Volume? I saw on the wikikpa that it is cc command #07 but not sure which type of switch it is (momentary, latch, continuous, singe shot, broadcast, Trigger IA, Toaggle IA)

Again, thanks for being patient with me. I feel slightly in over my head, yet I know enough to not want to quit.

@Joptunes...Thanks for helping me through this. I might be message again if I run into any other issues. I think where I was getting confused is that the presets on the liquid foot had been auto programmed(by me) with the kpa to show each of the performances. So if i wanted to put in a vocal command without the kpa receiving any messages it would mean that I had to skip a slot in the performance. I have decided to only auto program the first few performances and then manually program the vocal stuff that way i don't skip over any slots in the performance. Not sure if this makes sense but might be helpful for anyone trying to use the liquid foot in this manner. Thanks again for your help.

I have set them for two separate devices on the global page but not sure I did this correctly or how it knows that I am referring to the vocal pedal because I just gave it a generic name "TCHEL". There wasn't the option like the kemper had. I have went through the manual but it is more concentrated to editing from the pedal and I think that I will have an easier time understanding the editor. I might have found my issue though after reading your Post:
    Under the preset menu there is a section called "Command Programming". It has 4 columns- Function, midi, cmd, and pc#. So am i right in saying that I can put the tchel in the midi command and use a defined program change number for the buttons that I want to control the vocal pedal and do the opposite for the presets that I want to control the kpa?

If this is so, my only concern is that each of these presets has a tye to a particular block in the performance mode and if i wipe the kemper out of the preset then I might not be able to access that block. If that is the case I will just use a preset that pertains to a block in one of the last performances on the kpa and put my vocals there. Does this sound correct to you?

I will try this method when I get a chance to pull my gear out.

I'm glad this thread came back to the top....I have question for the current users of liquid foot midi systems:
    I have the liquid foot+ mini and have been working for some time getting it set up with the kpa. I am starting to get a grasp on how the infrastructure works but with my particular set up I have ran into some confusion. I want to set up my first page with 4 buttons that control the kpa and 4 buttons that control my tchelicon voicelive play gtx (I realize i can get very complex setups but I'm trying to keep it simple to start with until I get the hang of the editor). So I used the sync wizard with the kpa in performance mode. I got the IA's tuner and all programmed. So my goal is to have a "Preset' on button one that changes the Kpa and a different preset on button 5 that changes the vocal pedal. All of this housed on one page. But when I set button 1 for a preset it also changes the vocal pedal. How do I get the preset to only send to one device? and if I use say preset 50 for the vocal and get it "unattached" to the kpa will that kill one of my kemper presets. I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around the two devices working independently. I think I need to do it in the preset section but I'm wondering if I do that if it will keep me from being able to use one of the performance slots. If so I need to plan accordingly before setting up.
    I hope I have made some type of sense here. Thanks for any help.

Just thought I would post an update on the decision I made for a small midi board. I went with the liquid foot mini+. It can utilize 2 way communication including the tuner(just need the phantom box to do so), small foot print (11x5 inches), flexible midi routing to control 2 devices, cheaper than the liquid foot jr with same amount of switches (just not individual screens, only one large screen), and best of all they are in stock and it due to arrive today.

@layne81....Have you tried any of the suggested troubleshooting methods? Did they get you any closer to what you are looking for? I've always said the kpa can be as simple or complicated as you want it to be. That's the beauty of the machine. Let us know how its going with some of the suggested methods so we can further assist you.

Hey I know you probably don't want to spend anymore money but I know one thing that helped me when I first got the kpa was purchasing an amp pack (Diezel Herbert) from the amp factory because I knew the sound of that amp and what I was looking for with my guitar. With the amp factory's profiles I barely tweaked anything to get where I wanted to be and it was only 8 dollars. Just a suggestion, take it or leave it but it saved me a lot of time. I still dig all the free profiles and am more than grateful to the wonderful community here as well as the kpa team for releasing free products but this was just something I did during the early stages of getting used to the kpa to find a quick profile that I could work with without filtering through thousands available. Good luck.