Posts by adamcanter7

I got the chance to try the yamaha dxr8 and dxr12's at a music store today. Unfortunately, they didn't have the 10's but I was still happy to try the others. I will say that these get louder than I ever imagined. I really loved the sound they produced but I have question that I thought maybe someone might be able to clear up.....is the "hiss" of the speaker able to be removed at all? After I left I realized a couple of things I wished I'd have tried. Does using the button on the kpa output cut this sound out? When I unplugged the kpa I didn't hear any hiss but I assume it's the amp on the dxr causing the hiss. Just curious if this is something that u have to live with or if there are ways to get around this. Any help from current owners would be greatly appreciated.

Let me start by saying that I don't feel qualified to make any recommendations on such an outstanding piece of gear. I absolutely love my KPA nor am I much of an EQ guy other than small tweaks to make it sound good to my ear. This is merely an idea...
    I think it would be neat to have a similar EQ section on the Powered Monitor output page (Page 6/6 I believe in the output section). This would serve well for a user like me who wants to use the powered output eq for guitar cab, monitor eq for frfr floor wedge, and main eq signal to FOH. Some might believe this to be overkill but simply an idea. What do you think?

I have thought about this a lot. I know there was a thread where one of the members used 3 KPA's to do this but I think that your method would work. I had thought about recording tracks and feeding them back into the kemper but I just couldn't figure out the "recording UFO part". I'm excited to see the responses to this thread. The only thing I can see being an issue would be lining up the KPA UFO with the recorded UFO.

I am so excited about this download. I truly appreciate your work helping people like me who don't have the knowledge/patience to figure out how to acquire such great sounds. I do have a stupid question though......
    When I downloaded the file it came as a ".rar" file. I'm not with my KPA at the moment and wondered if this format will work or if I will need to change the format somehow. Thanks in advance.

I would agree that the frfr route definitely gives you different sounds with each profile and probably better represents each particular profile. For me personally, I had a particular sound that I was after for the band I've played in for years and part of that sound was due to my speakers that I own. For that application I won't be switching profiles very often. As far as hearing all the nuences of each profile and utilizing different sounds, I think frfr is fantastic. But I also love a signature tone that can be created with my guitar cab. To each his own. I think the kemper is a win-win solution and it depends on each individuals set up and goals.

I can also attest to the fact that the powered version through a guitar cab sounds fantastic. This was one area I had been worried about because there wasn't a lot of information out at the time of my purchase. I plan on using a mixture of guitar cab and PA because they both sound fantastic. I can actually say that my 4x12 cab sounds just as good, if not better than my previous tube amp setup.

Thanks for the comparison. I know the best solution would be to listen in person but that can be easier said than done at times. I really appreciate input from other users.....And to the OP thanks for your thoughts on this product. Sorry if I have taken your thread slightly off topic.

I have used a passive 12" and 15" yamaha with the powerhead and loved the result. I really don't have something to give you as a comparison but I felt like the 12" was tighter on the bass end and the 15" had a little more projection. I have been using them at practice since those are the available speakers at our site. I have been impressed by them.

I really like the footprint of the dxr10 so I was hoping this was the answer. I plan on using regular guitar cab as back line as well so don't need huge wedge. Really like the convenience of having a wedge with a mixer for vocals as well. Thank you for all the input on the dxr.

Awesome. Thank you for letting me know your findings. This is the news I was hoping to hear. Looks like I might be in the market for a dxr10. Did you happen to compare it to the dxr12? I play both hard rock (breaking benjamin style) and acoustic and just wondered if there is a difference in speaker size or if that's all just hype.

I wanted to thank the KPA team and all the users on this forum for helping me on my decision for the KPA. I read about every thread on this forum for 7 months before selling my Diezel Einstein and pulling the trigger on my KPA. After owning the power head for about 2 months I can say that I am thrilled with this piece of equipment. My main focus for the amp is playing live and I was concerned that it wouldn't be able to hold its own compared to the amps that have made their way through our band. I have put this thing in multiple environments and it excels in them all. My next goal is to profile some amps that my band mate ha.. If they turn out well I will let you know. Again Thank you KPA team and forum members for maintaining a platform for discussion that is polite and informative.

Hey Mojorising,
    Concerning your first question:
    You might have tried this already but if not:
    Hold the output button on the far right of your KPA which will bring up 6 pages of output information on your screen. Use your right arrow to navigate to page 6. It is designated for the poweramp in the KPA and you can use it to turn up the volume of the poweramp. I hope I've made sense. Let me know if that helps.