Posts by adamcanter7

Thank you for sharing such an in depth review. I really enjoyed the fact that you tested the speakers in different capacities. Sounds like the route to take if you want a "do it all" kind of speaker. Thanks again.

Wow, thank you all for such great advice. I've officially read all of the tutorials on midi and have a much better understanding of what is happening when using a midi foot controller. I think I might just buy two separate device and alleviate some headaches and have a lot of flexibility. For the sake of coversation though I would like to get some clarity on the programming of midi controller with 2 devices:

Scenario 1:
    Button 1- kpa distortion
    Button 2- kpa clean
    Button 3- vocal delay
    Button 4- vocal harmony

In this scenario can I stay on the kpa distortion channel while switching back and forth between delay and harmony on the vocals? In other words can they be programmed independently from each other?

Or does it work more like this:

Scenario 2:
    Button 1- kpa distortion / vocal delay
    Button 2- kpa distortion / vocal harmony
    Button 3- kpa clean / vocal delay
    Button 4- kpa clean / vocal harmony

I assume it works like scenario 2 but I thought I'd pose the question. My thought is that the message has to pass through the kpa before reaching the vocal pedal so it will see the midi message as well but I'm not positive, especially because you can assign devices different channel numbers.

Thanks again for all the help. I absolutely love this site and I don't even own the kpa yet

I have been trying to map out my ideal rig setup before i pull the trigger on a KPA. I have a couple different scenarios that are making it challenging to decide between the rack unit and the head. One of my main problems is the fact that I don't fully understand midi technology. I have only used it in a very "beginner" way with some old gear I had. So I thought I'd see if any of you kind folks could help me.

I use a voicelive play gtx (little brother of the voicelive) by TC Helicon. It only contains a "midi-in" connection. I am wondering if i can use a basic midi controller to go straight to the KPA and then out of the KPA to to voicelive play gtx and be able to control both of them seperately. I am also wondering if the midi switches can differentiate between the devices. For instance, can i set the top row of switches to change to KPA rigs, and the bottom set of switches to control the vocal pedal without affecting the other device.

Also is there such a thing as a midi pedal that has 2 outs to control the KPA and voicelive seperately?

And lastly, if the KPA controller releases and uses a different connection than midi, would i be able to control the vocal pedal with the KPA FC or would I be better off sticking with midi controller?

Thanks in advance for any help. I have read myself silly trying to figure out how midi works and I want to buy the right KPA from the start. These questions will help me decide whether I am going to "rack" my pedals or go the "pedal board" route with a toaster.

I am really hoping to acquire the KPA soon. Still working on selling my diezel einstein and some other gear to foot the bill. I have been reading threads and manuals for about 2 weeks to get a good grasp of the functionality of this amazing amp. So here is my question for playing live shows:

When switching rigs with either 'to be released' kfc or other floor controller is it possible to switch the effects at the same time as well. For Instance, if I am running a fender clean tone with compression, delay, and reverb in the verse and then need to switch to a bogner crunch with noisegate and phaser is this possible to do with the click of one "rig" button?

I've been reading about the kfc and i know you can turn effects on and off individually but i am wondering if you can assign different effects to different rigs and have them switch immediately when changing rigs (and then from their have the ability to switch them on and off). Hope I'm making sense.

Thanks in advance for any help with this. I love that there is forum to be able to go to with questions that can be answered by knowledgeable users.

Hello all, first post from a perspective Kpa buyer. Currently trying to sell gear to foot the bill. I know the performance mode doesn't have a release date but I wondered if it will be a "firmware" update or is it something that will not be on the KPA if I purchase it now? Hope I'm making since. Thx in advance