Posts by Pentatonic

Let me try it :) In addition to those things mentioned above KPA minimizes my rig and simplified my guitar activities because I only have a single powered speaker as guitar amp, mp3 player, playing with backing track and sound editing. Now its just the toaster, QSC K12 and my computer. Imagine doing those with a tube amp.

I tried Trainwreck profiles from theampfactory.com and liked it. After you tried them surely you will gas for other profiles. Other free profiles from KPA site are worthy to try, look at the rating first and how many voted for a certain profiles then try them. You will enjoy your KPA journey I'm sure and keep reading the KPA forum. I learned a LOT from this site :)

Let us look at it this way... a guitar and a KPA to a guitarist is like a brush and palette to an artist. Van Gogh did not create those immortal paintings the first time he painted on a canvas. He honed his skill for so many years until he created the Starry Night. So don't blame the equipment instantly, it might be the one using it. Take a closer look again, reality is sometimes difficult to see with half open eyes (err ears)

^ You have good point and I agree. However the next KPA maybe a year or more in the future. I'm thinking that with the present KPA and the Rig Manager would it be possible to reprogram KPA and use the power of a laptop to serve as the power backup in case of power loss? So that when power is up again it wont have to reboot? That's also the purpose of power banks for our android devices and batteries for our laptops. No more need for UPS which could have harmonic noise issues. Perhaps a Kemper made battery back up for those who need it? Silly idea I know that's what I get when I don't play the guitar, sorry:)

This was also my experience with my QSC K12 when I first used it. It was harsh and I did a lot of experiment to tame it. However i read somewhere from this forum that I might have been used to smooth sounding amps or I set up my rig to sound smooth which of course not all amps are made that way or not all guitarist are into smooth sound. It opened up my mind and now I appreciate my K12 and my KPA more. it really gave me the opportunity to learn that there are other nuances to amp sound that I was not aware of. This is really a big learning experience for me.

I agree that KPA cured me of my amp and dirt pedal gas, but now i gas for commercial profiles and searching the rig exchange for great free profiles. KPA has brought me a new form of gas. I used to be gassing for physical object that I can use for my guitar, now its just the internet and the USB cable :)

when using rig manager if you double click a RIG it will go into preview mode of that rig

if you just want took at the rig info in rig manager single click on a RIG

Thanks for the tip I will try this. Yeah I'm also annoyed at this rig rating display, surely KPA team will do something about this. Just like how they did in the past.

To have a sort of stand bye switch what I do is put the selector switch to tuner mode and on the display the mute box is always ticked. This serves as standby switch for me, no need to turn down volume and I know that I'm on silent mode whenever I see the tuner screen :)