Posts by Pentatonic

I really want to try this since I both own a KPA and Ethos Classic, judging from Will's reply then I'm thinking that my result wouldn't be that far off from his. However somebody may have an idea on how to combine Ethos and Till's cab in one profile. Is this possible? I'm thinking that maybe the missing link in profiling an overdrive is the cab. Sorry for being noob and lazy :)

I just like to mention this difference which were not often mentioned :
    1. If you are happy with tweaking the amp setting and go for your own sound then go for Axe FX
    2. If you are happy with other people doing the tweaking for you then go for KPA.

I go for 2 because I don't have access to really good amp sound and I don't know how they sound in your face so to speak. At best I can only hear them on YouTube which cannot really sound the way amps should be. But the people who were good at profiling, have access to good amps and cabs and presumably have good ears have adjusted the amps to the best sound they want and then profile them. In each profile that you get from the net (free or otherwise) comes with it the expertise of the profiler which he likes to share to the world. Don't you guys appreciate that new norm?

Before Kemper was born the sharing of this expertise did not exist at all, but now we have it. So just imagine if Jimmy Page one day got a KPA and profile his rig and share it to the world, I bet everyone with a Kemper will download his profile and play it. Now we will have his profile, his signature sound and his expertise in that profile for us to share in time beyond. I will put his profile in a thumbdrive and keep it for the generations to come. In the future they will use his rig even if he and all of us around are already gone. Now if I could only profile his fingers...

I've been playing for more than 30 years and still not good at tweaking and KPA helped me with that. Its more playing and less tweaking for me. However I don't bash Axe Fx here since everyone of us have our own reasons why we buy certain gadget. To each his own still, just play and be happy :)

I'm already satisfied for what it can do, maybe I could request for a little flexibility here and there, but I don't want to have it as an all in one package and make it a complicated box in the future.

The feeling of being overfilled with KPA happened to me also. It's sort of like an IPod that I was excited the first time because I can have all the music I want in one location. But I got tired of flipping from one song to the other without getting them finished so now what I have are collections of my favorite record and play them often.
    In the case of KPA the magic of those boutique amps that I was gassing for is now gone. Their sounds are beautiful off course no doubt about that but now I often play only three profiles and savor their little nuances that made them different from other amps. Sometimes I will drift to other profiles but stay with a single profile for few days then learn and enjoy them along the way. in that way I enjoy my KPA every day. I learned to resist jumping from one profile to the other in short period. :)

Just to share, If I don't have the KPA yet I would appreciate the clean channel of Ethos since I liked and used it a lot before KPA. But when I got the KPA it became redundant and for that matter I think for all the stomps and effects I have currently. The last time I used my stomps was to compare them with KPA and I was not that excited anymore with them and as well as with my amps. Now it's only guitar to KPA and I would like to keep selected stomps for memento but still they are in great danger of being sold too :)

This is also happening to me and I noticed this happening when I'm on Trainwreck profile that I bought from Andy. I also noticed that I got a random flashes of LEDs in the Kemper control panel. Those weird things did not appear when I switched to other rigs. It must be bug issue for me.

Good day to you all, I have the Classic and planning to profile it direct and just add cabinet IR. However still enjoying playing my KPA than profiling since that time it landed in my music/bed room. Lazy indeed :sleeping: But I like my Zenkudo/Dumbkudo clone better than Ethos. It is not straight forward to dial a good tone from the latter or maybe I'm just lazy to tweak that is why I enjoyed the KPA so much.

I used my AER 60 Bingo initially when I didn't have an FRFR monitor yet. The difference between the two was not that far. I can generalize that AER needs a wider range of eq control to compensate for those darker sound needed for electric guitar on an overdriven amp. You can compensate that with using an eq like the MXR 10 band eq or eqs provided by KPA. Experiment.

I like the clean and dirty profiles, many thanks. Amazing how much money I have saved due to KPA. Although I don't own a Carol Ann Triptik and cannot compare the sound of the profiles to the real one my judgment is based from how my ears are pleased with the sound.

It was mentioned on item 9 that Freescale DSP 400 mhz was used.
    http://www.guitar-muse.com/kemper-profiling-amp-2949-2949

I think one day CK will upgrade to higher DSP speed as a result of features being requested by KPA users here. I also believe that the machine code for profiling will be upgraded one day not for the reason that its not god sounding but on the reason that CK is an innovator and the itch to innovate will not stop him from tinkering with a great toy like the KPA. I think this is good overall for the boys in us :)

I guess this will be more useful if coupled with compatible foot switch made also by Kemper. Just like in Boss GT10 where you can efficiently arrange patches or rigs in banks so that changing them while performing will be easy.