Posts by thebrushwithin

I tried something successfully, but have not uploaded to the RE, because I don't have permission, as it was a friend's 68 Princeton, that he left at my place for a short while. Anyway, I have never heard of anyone else doing this, but, IMO, it captured the amp perfectly. I used a Radio Shack PZM mic ! I simply ran the square mic and cable, through the handle, and faced the PZM element against the grill, barely off center, and talk about flat response, it was flawless. Have no idea where to get a PZM these days, but this one originally sold for under $50, has a battery compartment in the cable line for phantom power, and simply does not color the sound at all. Try it, if you can get one.

"I have practice on Tuesday. I will be putting the Kemper into service at practice for the first time with the band. I will be bringing my VHT rig home and putting it up on eBay (I already sold my 4x12 cab, just my 2x12, VHT 50 ST and Digitech 2120 left in my old rig).

I will be kind of sad to see it go. It has been a rock solid rig for me for around 15 years. My heart will miss it, but my back won't!"

Hopefully, you used your new Kemper to profile multiple settings of the amp you are about to sell. Pretty cool trick to both sell it and "keep it"!

My problem with no preview is solved, as it required further tweaking in my Virtual Box, on my MacBook. It will be great whenever the Mac Rig Manager is released. Please hurry! :)

Whenever I run Rig Manager (latest version), there is no problem getting all rigs, and it has my local library folder, etc. This part loads up quickly with 0 problems. However, it will not preview any rig from the exchange, and whenever I copy a rig from the exchange, and place it in my local folder, it will not load into my Kemper, even after rebooting RM. I had to load my usb stick with the rig I wanted to test, and load it the "old fashioned" way, which of course defeats the purpose of the librarian. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

After uninstalling, reinstalling Rig Manager, Virtual Box, and Windows 7, several times, it finally synced with the KPA!!! I copied my rigs to the local folder, and tried deleting all on the KPA, but after two hours of waiting for the rigs to be deleted, I just stopped the process. As it turns out, no rigs were deleted, so I'll spend some more time with it, deleting maybe 25 at a time, and see where that takes me. I'm still anxious to get the Mac version, so I can utilize a full screen for the Rig Manager. Glad it works though! :)

I think Windows comes with a free 120 day trial period

I bought Windows 7 32bit Ultra, installed Virtual Box, on my Mac Book, and although the rig exchange shows up, the Kemper will NOT sync to my system. So......any suggestions?

Sorry for the rant, but the whole reason I switched to Mac was to get past this antiquated driver crap in Windows. I have installed Virtual Box on my MacBook Pro, installed Windows 7 32 bit Ultimate(ultimate frustration), downloaded 2.3.1 on the KPA, downlaoded Rig Manager, and it grabs everything from the rig exchange, but simply will NOT sync with the Kemper, which means it is completely useless. Please tell us MAC users some real info!!!!! If I buy a windows machine, and the MAC version is released soon, I am going to be extremely pissed. Please Kemper, pick 1 - Q1, Q2, Q3, or Q4. Thank you.